Republic side in PVP

angel_dust

Wow its freaking amazing how bad the Republic side is in pvp. They are 60% a lot worst then a month ago. I think im just going to start pvping as an imperial. Pvp'ing as an imp toon, I win 90% of warzones. As a pub I win 30-35%. I hope something changes in the new update for republic toons. Soon it will be like the old days in Darth Sion server. Imp vs Imp all day long.

I don't think that's the problem. You will get baddies on the imp side and rep side. If you have your own premade with the right group composition and skill level you will win 90% of your matches no matter how bad the pugs are.

Dko

I don't think that's the problem. You will get baddies on the imp side and rep side. If you have your own premade with the right group composition and skill level you will win 90% of your matches no matter how bad the pugs are.

Dko

I pug 90% of the time in pvp and I still win a lot more on the imp side then pub side. The imperials overall are much better players. They seem to know what they are doing and they work as a team. It seems all the hardcore-deticated players are on the imp side while on the pub side is the casuals, the ones with one hand on the keyboard and the other hand on the direct tv control trying to see whats on tv. They are just playing to get the 1 medal and the exp. Not to win.

And complaining on the forums is gonna help how?

because, being the best player on the server him simply calling for a change in the status quo will result in everyone realizing whats wrong and spending hours studying how to better play their class and swtor objective pvp in general. DUH

I let my cousin play my Jedi Shadow 50,

She has some experience in MMO's and the first 10 times ended up in her screaming at me such as:

"Why are the Republic hitting Mid instead of Defending snow and grass" - in Civil War

"Why the **** did they not call inc UNTIL they died AGAIN" - in Void Star

"So we captured 2 pylons and we're still hitting mid, OMG *** BBQ!!!!!" - in Ancient Hypergate

"So we're holding mid when they're about to *********** score, ***!!!" - in Huttball

"I'm going to AFK this ***ing WZ cause they're just being retarded, seriously the healers here are too chicken **** to move up, the DPS are hiding behind the healers and we're being farmed AT THE START of the Battle, ***!?!?!?" - In Novare Coast.

I explained the reason why I dont bother too much on Republic because if you PuG you end up with really stupid ppl in Republic. And note these are Pug Vs Pug match where both sides had decent geared people.

EDIT: oh and she got 0-10 in 2 hours full of raging.

Then when she tried out my Sniper 50 she was complaining about:

"Why oh why are the Republic ganking this sniper when the Sith Assassin is capping in BROAD *********** DAYLIGHT, he just strolled in there and capped it meanwhile the ENTIRE team is trying to kill me but this healer is keeping me up."

EDIT: She won 3 games in a row. She died about an average 10 times with 300k damage taken....

So yea, I can see why the OP is complaining, I don't blame him/her/it though.

It was worst 10 hours ago because I noticed the Empire players swapped back and forth from Republic during the daily WZ. The times they swapped we won, the times they swapped back we lost... Not sure if we got an epidemic of Smoochies now but I thought it was odd and stupid....

Edited by Zhaker

because, being the best player on the server him simply calling for a change in the status quo will result in everyone realizing whats wrong and spending hours studying how to better play their class and swtor objective pvp in general. DUH

Makes sense;)

She has some experience in MMO's and the first 10 times ended up in her screaming at me such as:

"Why are the Republic hitting Mid instead of Defending snow and grass" - in Civil War

"Why the **** did they not call inc UNTIL they died AGAIN" - in Void Star

"So we captured 2 pylons and we're still hitting mid, OMG *** BBQ!!!!!" - in Ancient Hypergate

"So we're holding mid when they're about to *********** score, ***!!!" - in Huttball

"I'm going to AFK this ***ing WZ cause they're just being retarded, seriously the healers here are too chicken **** to move up, the DPS are hiding behind the healers and we're being farmed AT THE START of the Battle, ***!?!?!?" - In Novare Coast.

I explained the reason why I dont bother too much on Republic because if you PuG you end up with really stupid ppl in Republic. And note these are Pug Vs Pug match where both sides had decent geared people.

EDIT: oh and she got 0-10 in 2 hours full of raging.

Then when she tried out my Sniper 50 she was complaining about:

"Why oh why are the Republic ganking this sniper when the Sith Assassin is capping in BROAD *********** DAYLIGHT, he just strolled in there and capped it meanwhile the ENTIRE team is trying to kill me but this healer is keeping me up."

EDIT: She won 3 games in a row. She died about an average 10 times with 300k damage taken....

So yea, I can see why the OP is complaining, I don't blame him/her/it though.

It was worst 10 hours ago because I noticed the Empire players swapped back and forth from Republic during the daily WZ. The times they swapped we won, the times they swapped back we lost... Not sure if we got an epidemic of Smoochies now but I thought it was odd and stupid....

Thanks for the long story I really enjoyed it.

It seems all the hardcore-deticated players are on the imp side while on the pub side is the casuals

But doesn't you going Imp side just to win and pugging most of your matches kind of make you, you know, one of these casuals? Like DKO said above, when I group up in a team of four I win at least 90% of my matches Pub side. Stop being a casual and do the same.

Also, I certainly understand why a number of Pubs went Imp side: for the past month or two there have been no Pub ranked teams. They wanted to do ranked and therefore went Imp. Makes perfect sense. However, I know of quite a few others who don't do ranked and went Imp side just to get carried by Ascendancy, Taun Tauns, etc. and pretend they're good in the residuum. It speaks volumes of their skill-level, or lack thereof.

I have always enjoyed playing the underdog side. It's why I now play only Imp-side on Jedi Covenant and Pub-side here and why I only played my Sorc on Drooga's when Pubs won most matches in the late summer. Having to overcome significant odds to win increases your skill level and makes the match more fun and challenging; being carried by PVP guilds does not.

But doesn't you going Imp side just to win and pugging most of your matches kind of make you, you know, one of these casuals? Like DKO said above, when I group up in a team of four I win at least 90% of my matches Pub side. Stop being a casual and do the same.

Also, I certainly understand why a number of Pubs went Imp side: for the past month or two there have been no Pub ranked teams. They wanted to do ranked and therefore went Imp. Makes perfect sense. However, I know of quite a few others who don't do ranked and went Imp side just to get carried by Ascendancy, Taun Tauns, etc. and pretend they're good in the residuum. It speaks volumes of their skill-level, or lack thereof.

I have always enjoyed playing the underdog side. It's why I now play only Imp-side on Jedi Covenant and Pub-side here and why I only played my Sorc on Drooga's when Pubs won most matches in the late summer. Having to overcome significant odds to win increases your skill level and makes the match more fun and challenging; being carried by PVP guilds does not.

You have greater patience than I do. And to be clear, losing doesn't bother me as much as watching a tsunami of stupid crash over a match. If there's a concerted effort to win a game, count me in win or lose, but rep side too rarely even tries now. I can't blame people for switching sides.

You have greater patience than I do.

Ha ha, then you must have never been in a match with me. Pretty sure I'm not known for being patient with my teammates. As I am often reminded by those I group with, I tend to confuse who my opponents are.

And to be clear, losing doesn't bother me as much as watching a tsunami of stupid crash over a match.

This past weekend I was able to PVP a lot, trying to catch up in the saving comms race and all. Zez’rel and I took informal polls of people’s ages in at least a dozen matches Pub side. Who knows if people were being honest, but of those who responded we saw more 10-13 year old players than any other age group (with basically no one in my age group). Not to say being 10-13 necessarily makes one a bad player, I would argue that it certainly raises the likelihood of it. This, of course, is probably just a hasty generalization but if a large percentage of Pub PVPers on this server are middle school aged then this “tsunami of stupid” you speak of may just be prepubescent kids at play. If for no other reason, it certainly made me question why I am still playing this game….

Zez’rel and I took informal polls of people’s ages in at least a dozen matches Pub side. Who knows if people were being honest, but of those who responded we saw more 10-13 year old players than any other age group (with basically no one in my age group).

Yeah, I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that they were just trolling. I was in a match with you recently and was taken aback by how mad you got about our team apparently having sucky dps. Yes, we were losing horribly, but that is the norm for republic side. Hence, I got a little miffed and felt the need to troll you a little and say some things that led you and your friend to assume that I was a 10 year old. Calling me a "scrub" made me want to troll even harder.

Anyway, don't assume that all of us "scrubs" who just don't have as good of gear as you are 10 year old kids.

P.S. my vanguard character is "Lycone". I'm 26 years old, have a 40+ hour/ week job. I enjoy the underdog role, too. I do understand your frustration to a certain degree, I just may not be as vocal about it.

About a week ago, I played with my level 50 vanguard one night and went 1 and 8. Whenever I play as my sub-50 sage, I would estimate that my wins/losses are better than 50-50. Does my vanguard gear suck? I have mostly WH gear. With 2.0 this may all be moot, but I wouldn't say that my VG gear was bad enough to warrant ridicule. So, in my experience, I would say that the issue is mainly with republic 50 pvp, which may change drastically now with the three brackets (I haven't tried it yet).

Yeah, I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that they were just trolling. I was in a match with you recently and was taken aback by how mad you got about our team apparently having sucky dps. Yes, we were losing horribly, but that is the norm for republic side. Hence, I got a little miffed and felt the need to troll you a little and say some things that led you and your friend to assume that I was a 10 year old. Calling me a "scrub" made me want to troll even harder.

Anyway, don't assume that all of us "scrubs" who just don't have as good of gear as you are 10 year old kids.

P.S. my vanguard character is "Lycone". I'm 26 years old, have a 40+ hour/ week job. I enjoy the underdog role, too. I do understand your frustration to a certain degree, I just may not be as vocal about it.

About a week ago, I played with my level 50 vanguard one night and went 1 and 8. Whenever I play as my sub-50 sage, I would estimate that my wins/losses are better than 50-50. Does my vanguard gear suck? I have mostly WH gear. With 2.0 this may all be moot, but I wouldn't say that my VG gear was bad enough to warrant ridicule. So, in my experience, I would say that the issue is mainly with republic 50 pvp, which may change drastically now with the three brackets (I haven't tried it yet).

Judging by the pvp forums, it seems that all pvp standards are irrelevant right now. At least until they fix things (if only, I'm on a wait-and-see break from the game)

But even so, skilled pvpers don't often articulate themselves in the middle of a game, but they're not always raging just because they're losing the match. When I get frustrated its because I can see countless mistakes being made. Bad decisions or even worse, no decisions at all, just a fruitless tab targeting zergfest. So my advice, next time a skilled player starts blowing off steam in a match, ask them what you could do differently. Some of us may actually have a good answer.

Edited by Sowwy

Although all the other points you made were valid, I see no issue with his, why would you not hold mid if they're about to score? I'd rather give them 1 goal if you can then hold mid and turn the sway of the game.

to the OP and anyone else that feels the same as him:

If you're whinging about pugging a game and losing, stop pugging games.

Going to the imperial side really wont help anything tbh.

Are you going to swap back if the pub side starts to win more often because baddies like you went and rerolled imp side?

Edited by Antiskeptic

Although all the other points you made were valid, I see no issue with his, why would you not hold mid if they're about to score? I'd rather give them 1 goal if you can then hold mid and turn the sway of the game.

Are you going to swap back if the pub side starts to win more often because baddies like you went and rerolled imp side?

It's possible OP was referring to the scenario where your pug team decides that mid has become the de-facto deathmatch arena. It's always lovely seeing half your team fighting mid and completely ignoring the ball when it spawns.

Having said that though, in a competitive match we have many a time had to let the other team score a free goal in order to try and control mid. When two solid teams face off, whoever can grab the ball first usually ends up scoring. It's the whole "lose a battle to win the war" thing :D.

So my advice, next time a skilled player starts blowing off steam in a match, ask them what you could do differently. Some of us may actually have a good answer.

I appreciate the advice.

However, I have a few issues:

<rant mode engaged/>

1. Gear != skill. A complaint about my dps is a complaint about my gear and/or rotation. I don't have awesome gear because I find the gearing process to be an excruciating grind. I've been playing since release and I have only managed two lvl 50 characters (almost three). None of them are geared super well. As a vanguard pyro, my rotation is extremely simple. I'm not a moron. Hence, a complaint about my dps is really a complaint about my gear and/or my intelligence. I don't appreciate either of those.

2. I had no reason to believe at the time that he was more "skilled" than I. He was on the same team that was losing hard. He who cannot control his temper has nothing of value to offer me.

3. I'm sure that there are many that feel this way: I play this game to have fun, not to make a second job of it. Sometimes I get home from work and just feel like running around aimlessly and having fun, not necessarily caring too much if we win or lose. Does this mean that I am less skilled at pvp? If so, then I guess I didn't realize that pvp is a no fun zone, serious business only . Most of the time I do care (I want creds, comms, or xp), but I will never verbally abuse my teammates over their definition of fun. Lambaste me and I will troll you. I would actually feel more confident in arguing that the most vocal complainers are the ones most likely to be the "10 year old kids" with no job. How else do you muster the energy to care so much about a video game? I am generally burnt out after getting home from work. I don't need this. This is why I prefer to play solo. What I really wanted was KOTOR III.

This is my 2nd MMO, the first and only other one being eve-online. I liked that game because, due to the lack of instant gratification, there were few under the age of 18. The average age is around 35. In eve, we troll people that get too serious about space pixels. I hate WoW and I refuse to join a guild because I think the term "guild" is too WoW-esque. I'm only even playing this game because I like star wars and I really liked KOTOR.

/end rant

Besides the typical DM stupid mode. The real problem is that they were just moving towards mid not as a group and trying to decimate, instead they went chasing some random tank guy instead of the healer, and when she meant mid, she meant around it, they weren't even close to the ball area. All you saw was a block on the top or bottom of mid and just fighting and doing < 100k damage.

I still to this day don't understand why people hit a tank, and expect to beat records who do the objectives and do over 1 million damage.

I still to this day don't understand why people hit a tank, and expect to beat records who do the objectives and do over 1 million damage.

In rateds, sometimes you go after the other teams tank, for the same reason you kill their healers, sometimes its just easier to get the tank down- esp if you have a tank buster spec in your DPS comp like a leth or a few pyros.

In rateds, sometimes you go after the other teams tank, for the same reason you kill their healers, sometimes its just easier to get the tank down- esp if you have a tank buster spec in your DPS comp like a leth or a few pyros.

Mate no one wants your advanced game play bs.

just solely a guess but i think a good portion of the "not so good players" came over to pub side thinking they were gonna win more. Not really realizing that the suckage came over too. lol This is frustrating right now.