An in-depth look at: King Adas

Aurbere

"I do not waste my teachings on the weak."- King Adas, the Sith'Ari

It has been a while since I did a character thread, so here it is. I had originally planned to do Odan-Urr or Exar Kun, but I thought it would be nice to do a thread on the little known King Adas.

Thousands of years before the birth of the Galactic Republic, a child was born on Korriban. The newborn Adas was far different from the other members of the Sith species, for his skin was charcoal-colored. The Sith considered him a "chosen" being, and raised him as such. The young Sith would grow considerably in size, intelligence, and strength in battle.

When Adas had matured, he encased his body in powerful armor and used Sith magic to alchemically create a powerful battle-ax. Using these weapons, Adas led a brutal campaign across Korriban, slaughtering those who opposed him. When he was done, he had united Korriban under his banner and was named the undisputed King of Korriban. The Sith believed that his reign would be eternal, and worshipped him as a god. As such, they proclaimed him the Sith'Ari, Overlord, and first Sith Lord.

Three hundred years in to his reign as King, the Infinite Empire moved against him. They sent scouts to gain Adas' trust, by teaching him how to create Holocrons. The Sith'Ari created his own personal Holocron to pass his teachings on to those strong enough to learn.

But he was deceived. The Rakatan Infinite Empire launched a massive invasion against the Sith. In retaliation, King Adas led the Sith against the overwhelming numbers of the Rakatans. With his Battle-ax in hand, King Adas cleaved through the ranks of the technologically superior Rakatans, and led the Sith to victory.

However, King Adas was not done with the Infinite Empire yet. His forces stole the hyperspace capable ships of the Rakata and marched to claim more territory. His armies claimed such worlds as Tund and Malachor and even the future Sith homeworld of Ziost. But it was not to last. During the Sith campaign, Adas perished before he could exact his full vengeance. He was claimed to be immortal, but even the great Sith'Ari could die.

Without the true Sith'Ari to lead them, the Sith fell into civil war. Pretenders claimed the title for themselves, but none could unite the Sith. The great Empire of King Adas crumbled and the Sith capital was moved to Ziost.

King Adas was feared by his people millenia after his death.

King Adas' Holocron was passed down across millenia, it had even fallen into the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Jedi Order. Eventually, however, the Holocron came to the Dark Lady Lumiya and was returned to Korriban.

King Adas was a god to his people, feared and worshipped by the Sith. His reign was said to be eternal, that his rule was annointed by The Force itself. As the Sith'Ari and first Sith Lord, Adas was the greatest warrior among his people. King Adas firmly believed in the strong ruling the weak and executed those that were too weak to serve him. When Adas killed those that challenged his rule, he would slay them and drink their blood in honor of their battle.

King Adas was a practitioner of Sith magic, which he used to create two Battle-ax's. Skilled in battle as he was, when the Jedi Exiles came to Korriban, the Sith believed that they were far more powerful than the Sith'Ari. They called Ajunta Pall the "Blood heir" to King Adas.

*What does Sith'Ari mean? (and don't wookiee it :))

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below or PM me.

"I do not waste my teachings on the weak."- King Adas, the Sith'Ari

It has been a while since I did a character thread, so here it is. I had originally planned to do Odan-Urr or Exar Kun, but I thought it would be nice to do a thread on the little known King Adas.

Thousands of years before the birth of the Galactic Republic, a child was born on Korriban. The newborn Adas was far different from the other members of the Sith species, for his skin was charcoal-colored. The Sith considered him a "chosen" being, and raised him as such. The young Sith would grow considerably in size, intelligence, and strength in battle.

When Adas had matured, he encased his body in powerful armor and used Sith magic to alchemically create a powerful battle-ax. Using these weapons, Adas led a brutal campaign across Korriban, slaughtering those who opposed him. When he was done, he had united Korriban under his banner and was named the undisputed King of Korriban. The Sith believed that his reign would be eternal, and worshipped him as a god. As such, they proclaimed him the Sith'Ari, Overlord, and first Sith Lord.

Three hundred years in to his reign as King, the Infinite Empire moved against him. They sent scouts to gain Adas' trust, by teaching him how to create Holocrons. The Sith'Ari created his own personal Holocron to pass his teachings on to those strong enough to learn.

But he was deceived. The Rakatan Infinite Empire launched a massive invasion against the Sith. In retaliation, King Adas led the Sith against the overwhelming numbers of the Rakatans. With his Battle-ax in hand, King Adas cleaved through the ranks of the technologically superior Rakatans, and led the Sith to victory.

However, King Adas was not done with the Infinite Empire yet. His forces stole the hyperspace capable ships of the Rakata and marched to claim more territory. His armies claimed such worlds as Tund and Malachor and even the future Sith homeworld of Ziost. But it was not to last. During the Sith campaign, Adas perished before he could exact his full vengeance. He was claimed to be immortal, but even the great Sith'Ari could die.

Without the true Sith'Ari to lead them, the Sith fell into civil war. Pretenders claimed the title for themselves, but none could unite the Sith. The great Empire of King Adas crumbled and the Sith capital was moved to Ziost.

King Adas was feared by his people millenia after his death.

King Adas' Holocron was passed down across millenia, it had even fallen into the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Jedi Order. Eventually, however, the Holocron came to the Dark Lady Lumiya and was returned to Korriban.

King Adas was a god to his people, feared and worshipped by the Sith. His reign was said to be eternal, that his rule was annointed by The Force itself. As the Sith'Ari and first Sith Lord, Adas was the greatest warrior among his people. King Adas firmly believed in the strong ruling the weak and executed those that were too weak to serve him. When Adas killed those that challenged his rule, he would slay them and drink their blood in honor of their battle.

King Adas was a practitioner of Sith magic, which he used to create two Battle-ax's. Skilled in battle as he was, when the Jedi Exiles came to Korriban, the Sith believed that they were far more powerful than the Sith'Ari. They called Ajunta Pall the "Blood heir" to King Adas.

*What does Sith'Ari mean? (and don't wookiee it :))

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below or PM me.

I've spent the last hour going through all of these threads that you and wolf made. Very informative and well written. I love the lore and you saved me a lot of time going to wookiepedia to read everything :D. I was hoping there would be a new one soon and once I reloaded the page I was pleased!

Thanks for taking the time out to write these. I enjoy them and I'm sure other do as well.

Thanks again!

I've spent the last hour going through all of these threads that you and wolf made. Very informative and well written. I love the lore and you saved me a lot of time going to wookiepedia to read everything :D. I was hoping there would be a new one soon and once I reloaded the page I was pleased!

Thanks for taking the time out to write these. I enjoy them and I'm sure other do as well.

Thanks again!

Thanks. :p I will admit am slacking, mostly cause I dunno what kinda thread to do next. Will have something up by tomorrow for sure. Anyway nice thread.

Thanks again!

I'm glad you've taken the time to read through all of them, and more importantly enjoyed them and found them informative. Thanks for reading! :)

And Wolf, don't worry about slacking off. I took a break because of the holidays.

Look forward to the conclusion to the Great Sith War, Odan-Urr and Exar Kun. I'm also working on Grand Moff Tarkin.

Tarkin?!

Oh man, you already covered Thrawn (my second favorite character) and now Tarkin (my third)

I'm very excited now.

Wolf, your thread about IG-88 opened my eyes. I knew a little about him (it) and did a little reading. I had no idea how much he was capable of. I'm a little disappointed at the fact that they made him attempt to take over the galaxy. Reading what you wrote sparked my interest but once I read about his plot I knew they would quickly get rid of him.

Thanks again, both of you! I'm looking forward to many more :D

Tarkin?!

Oh man, you already covered Thrawn (my second favorite character) and now Tarkin (my third)

I'm very excited now.

Wolf, your thread about IG-88 opened my eyes. I knew a little about him (it) and did a little reading. I had no idea how much he was capable of. I'm a little disappointed at the fact that they made him attempt to take over the galaxy. Reading what you wrote sparked my interest but once I read about his plot I knew they would quickly get rid of him.

In truth, they actually could have continued with IG-88 even after the Battle of Endor seeing as his body was reactivated...but no it was destroyed because some plague was on the planet and the New Republic pretty much glassed it killing everything. Eh oh well...

Tarkin?!

I'm very excited now.

Tarkin is such a great character in my opinion. Despite being pretty evil, he did a lot for the Empire.

I was disappointed by IG's ending as well. I feel that there could have been a different route for him to take. Regardless, the IG-88's were awesome pieces of technology.

No, who you NEED to do is the best pilot EVER to grace Star Wars.

Wedge Antillies. Only man i think could go toe to toe with any force using pilot and kick the crap out of them on sheer skill with an X-Wing.

Good idea. I've always liked Wedge. He's one cool dude and an awesome pilot.

All i can tell you Aurbre, it's going to be a LONG one.

Man has done more for the Republic than most squadrons put together.

Rebuilt Rogue squadron, more than once. Bacta war, Wraith squadron, 2 death stars.

Bout the only rogue/red squadron member who was there from the start and lives.

Man has done some SERIOUS stuff.

All i can tell you Aurbre, it's going to be a LONG one.

Man has done more for the Republic than most squadrons put together.

Rebuilt Rogue squadron, more than once. Bacta war, Wraith squadron, 2 death stars.

Bout the only rogue/red squadron member who was there from the start and lives.

Man has done some SERIOUS stuff.

Oh I know. The guy has done a lot of stuff. I'll probably split it into two parts.

only 2 parts. you must be joking. It would probably have to be AT LEAST 3.

Wedge antllies early years to Endor.

Wedge Antllies Endor to NJO.

Wedge Antllies NJO and beyond. If not just doing the NJO as one separate part, and then Legacy and beyond.

Guy has done that much.

only 2 parts. you must be joking. It would probably have to be AT LEAST 3.

Wedge antllies early years to Endor.

Wedge Antllies Endor to NJO.

Wedge Antllies NJO and beyond. If not just doing the NJO as one separate part, and then Legacy and beyond.

Guy has done that much.

Yeah you're right. Two parts would be "wall of text" like. :p

Yeah you're right. Two parts would be "wall of text" like. :p

sorry wasn't trying to be difficult, but if you can find another character that has done near as much as wedge, it would be tough to do.

I think the only contestant is Luke Skywalker himself. And even then, it's a close run thing.

sorry wasn't trying to be difficult, but if you can find another character that has done near as much as wedge, it would be tough to do.

I think the only contestant is Luke Skywalker himself. And even then, it's a close run thing.

Yeah, Wedge has done a lot of stuff. Just as much, if not more than, Leia, Han and Luke.

Plus he's just awesome :D

Ooh, I liked this one! Never new that King Adas came before the Jedi Exiles. And yet he had knowledge of the Force, how is that possible? I thought the Force was discovered years later on Tython, and before then only the Rakata knew of it, and only a basic understanding...

As for the Sith'ari, sort of the Sith version of the Chosen One right? The Sith destined to rule over all other Sith and bring them to glory or something like that. And Darth Bane, creator of the Rule of Two was the true Sith'ari.

Ooh, I liked this one! Never new that King Adas came before the Jedi Exiles. And yet he had knowledge of the Force, how is that possible? I thought the Force was discovered years later on Tython, and before then only the Rakata knew of it, and only a basic understanding...

As for the Sith'ari, sort of the Sith version of the Chosen One right? The Sith destined to rule over all other Sith and bring them to glory or something like that. And Darth Bane, creator of the Rule of Two was the true Sith'ari.

Like the Rakata, the Sith had a basic grasp of the Dark Side. The planet Korriban is strong in the Dark Side and the Sith were able to harness it to use Sith Magic and Sith Alchemy. The original monks discovered The Force on Tython, but The Force is everywhere. Much like the Rakata had the Dark Side in their technology, the Sith had the Dark Side in them. Many Sith were strong in The Force. Adas weeded out the weak so only the strong ruled.

The Sith'Ari is the Dark version of The Chosen One. A Sith that would destroy the Sith and recreate them stronger than before. Adas was the original Sith'Ari, the chosen being. He was considered perfect (a prerequisite for the Sith'Ari), but this was before the prophecy of the Sith'Ari. After Adas died the priests prophesised of a new Sith'Ari that would destroy the Sith and recreate them stronger than before. Darth Bane was that Sith. Bane was the true Sith'Ari, Adas was a prototype so to speak.

PS. Does anyone know what Sith'Ari means in the Sith language?

Like the Rakata, the Sith had a basic grasp of the Dark Side. The planet Korriban is strong in the Dark Side and the Sith were able to harness it to use Sith Magic and Sith Alchemy. The original monks discovered The Force on Tython, but The Force is everywhere. Much like the Rakata had the Dark Side in their technology, the Sith had the Dark Side in them. Many Sith were strong in The Force. Adas weeded out the weak so only the strong ruled.

The Sith'Ari is the Dark version of The Chosen One. A Sith that would destroy the Sith and recreate them stronger than before. Adas was the original Sith'Ari, the chosen being. He was considered perfect (a prerequisite for the Sith'Ari), but this was before the prophecy of the Sith'Ari. After Adas died the priests prophesised of a new Sith'Ari that would destroy the Sith and recreate them stronger than before. Darth Bane was that Sith. Bane was the true Sith'Ari, Adas was a prototype so to speak.

Umm if you read the legacy books with Jacen Solo becoming Darth Caedus, Luyumia says it and i think the closest thing to it is "Chosen one". But it's been A LONG time since I read those books so I don't know.

Umm if you read the legacy books with Jacen Solo becoming Darth Caedus, Luyumia says it and i think the closest thing to it is "Chosen one". But it's been A LONG time since I read those books so I don't know.

Been a while since I read that series too. I stopped after Mara Jade got killed off.

Roughly translated, Sith'Ari means a few things. I believe "Chosen One" is one of them. It also means "Overlord" or just "Lord".

Wow great stuff, I wish there was more to read about him!

EDIT: I guess my question is about Malcore, when was that Sith temple constructed there? Just like with Dromund Kass I know the Old Sith Empire had a habit of collapsing in on it self a few times and fringe colonies being left to rot and forgotten about.

Edited by Draiganx

Wow great stuff, I wish there was more to read about him!

EDIT: I guess my question is about Malcore, when was that Sith temple constructed there? Just like with Dromund Kass I know the Old Sith Empire had a habit of collapsing in on it self a few times and fringe colonies being left to rot and forgotten about.

I'll give this one a go. The Trayus Academy was probably constructed by the ancient Sith Empire, being the Empire who challenged the Republic during the Great Hyperspace War, and abandoned after the war ended. After that is was probably rediscovered during Vitiate's exodus in search of Dromund Kaas and became a part of the new Sith Empire. Between that point and the Mandalorian Wars it was abandoned for a unknown reason.

IIRC Bane didn't consider himself the Sith'ari. He simply decided to make himself the Sith'ari.

I think what we see here is simply a change of meaning of the word. Sith'ari originally meant something different in King Adas time than it did later. Just like the word messiah originally simply referred to a king (who was made king by being anointed). Was Adas the first Sith'ari or could it be that there have been others before him?

I've read somewhere that, translated literally, Sith'ari means "perfect being".

P.S. Darth Ikoral can trace his line back to King Adas. Given the amount of time, though, it is not unlikely that almost every Sith Pureblood is somehow related to King Adas.

IIRC Bane didn't consider himself the Sith'ari. He simply decided to make himself the Sith'ari.

I think what we see here is simply a change of meaning of the word. Sith'ari originally meant something different in King Adas time than it did later. Just like the word messiah originally simply referred to a king (who was made king by being anointed). Was Adas the first Sith'ari or could it be that there have been others before him?

I've read somewhere that, translated literally, Sith'ari means "perfect being".

P.S. Darth Ikoral can trace his line back to King Adas. Given the amount of time, though, it is not unlikely that almost every Sith Pureblood is somehow related to King Adas.

It has been confirmed that Darth Bane was the prophesised Sith'Ari, but I forget who confirmed it. Either way, he did fulfill the prophesy. He destroyed the Sith and made them anew, stronger than before.

Back at Adas' time, Sith'Ari simply meant 'perfect being', 'Overlord', or just 'Lord'. Adas was the first Sith'Ari in that he was the perfect being and King of the Sith. It wasn't until after his death that Sith priests foresaw a new Sith'Ari. Ironically, that prophesy led to several civil wars that would scatter the remnants of Adas' Sith Empire.

I would say that quite a few Sith could trace their ancestory back to Adas. However, that line has been tainted by the Exiles and other Sith Empire's. Very few Sith in Vitiate's Empire are fully pureblooded. Though I woudn't be surprised that Vitiate could trace his ancestory back to Adas.

Edit: Bane being the Sith'Ari of prophecy was confirmed in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. Darth Revan was also a chosen candidate for the title, as well as Sidious and Vader. But Bane is the true Sith'Ari.

Edited by Aurbere

I'll give this one a go. The Trayus Academy was probably constructed by the ancient Sith Empire, being the Empire who challenged the Republic during the Great Hyperspace War, and abandoned after the war ended. After that is was probably rediscovered during Vitiate's exodus in search of Dromund Kaas and became a part of the new Sith Empire. Between that point and the Mandalorian Wars it was abandoned for a unknown reason.

Ah well that would explain its design then, which looks more like an older version of the design styles we have seen in this new Empire, than it does like a newer version of the old sith designs styles. And somehow Revan and Malak found it then during the mandalorian wars.