Merge/Transfers to Dalborra (Oceanic Servers)

TrueNovaZero

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The messed up thing is, since 1.4 came out, there's been a resurgence in activity. PVP is as about as dead as it's been for a while, though, but I hope they don't look at the numbers and simply go "Nope, nothing wrong here, let's move on..."

This would be the worst possible outcome

Funny how Cheez attempted to consolidate those threads. But honestly, I think it's a little more effective to keep them all active. They've already said that they're talking about it... but beyond that, it's already the next month and decision time is about to happen whether most of us are going to keep subscribed or patiently wait another month. The former sounds like the better option these days... and it's been long enough since this issue was seriously presented. If they want to keep up with the player base, they're going to have to announce more than just the fact that they're talking about it. One of the guild leaders on Gav Daragon's even pitched the idea of having their entire guild just bombard CS with tickets. Doubtful it would work.

In the mean time, one of the long time players here has told me they intended to downgrade their account the moment their sub runs out and go to GW2. It's even more disheartening to know that they're not the only ones thinking of doing it. Worse off -- we're an RP server and quite a few of our RPers are preferring to just leave here and go GW2 (which apparently, is more RP-friendly).

Its really disheartening that they haven't given us any update since the message that they're looking into it, there is a brightside though guys, at least we're pulling together as a community to organise things. Bit worried about how much longer we can do it though.. heard a lot of the organisers and regular players saying how tired they've been lately both mentally and physically. Knocked back an ops invite myself last night because I was feeling more than a little drained, and as you guys know by now I never turn down an ops, especially one to help gear up others.

Guild leaders have been fantastic to, overcoming differences to get stuff done like the creation of chat channels for multi guild communication, our multi guild effort to run TFB as soon as it was released, our servers 2nd downing of the Nightmare Pilgrim on Sunday with some of our servers best players from varying guilds.

Just mentioning all this in the hope a Dev will actually read it and take note that we're doing our best to keep people playing and happy but we can't do it forever, and a message updating us that steps are being taken would boost morale and encourage us to keep trying. Plus maybe help keep the people here who think maybe GW2 or WoW is a solution that would involve less effort.

More than a bit worried about the day when the most stubborn players of Gav decide we're not getting our rewards for the amount of effort we put in and just leave since we honestly can't replace them, and a lack of newer players means there will be noone to rise up and eventually fill their shoes.

You know, after getting the news that 2 more of our most valued friends and fellow players are leaving because of population problems, after a week of hearing about GW2 being the place to be from others, and starting to see our progression groups slowly eroding to the point where it may become extinct on Gav..

Well.. had this post I prepared to once again plead with Bioware to give us an answer, but in the end i don't care anymore. I'll keep playing because I enjoy the friendships I have on Gav Daragon, but I will say this much, Bioware/EA, which pretty much describes your customer service and dedication to your subscribers, you suck and fail at both.

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Elliot

Edited by Kemra

My sub runs out in 6 days and if this is the way EAware treat their little APAC customers then i will sadly take my money elsewhere, even though i enjoy the game but mostly the people, the low population on our server defeats the purpose of new content! how are we suppose to get anything done with our pidly little numbers EAware? how? pvp has to be organised by both sides if we want it to pop both in 50's and ranked which makes it extra hard and long to get the new gear and in pve we shouldnt have to worry so much about making numbers instead we should have so many people keen that we can run 2 on more than 1 day og the week....

GUILD WARS 2!!!!!! just kidding, nah but really LOL nah really just kidding, or am i???

After reading a PM on our guild forums, I've popped on just specifically to throw this out there(I'm on holiday in Europe, dammit). The above user has actually unsubscribed along with two others. All three have refused to resubscribe until a merge happens or player numbers get a boost. Since either aren't happening, I've bid them farewell.

Out of the two progression groups we have, that denies us 2 of our most advanced players out of 9. I'm on holiday -- meaning our roster is down to 6. One more dropped out due to wanting to take a break from being frustrated with the game (he hasn't cited discontent with the player populations and has stated that he won't be doing anything major until I return). That means 5. I have yet to correspond with my Ops officer, but if they're doing things by the book, it means they're reaching out. There is probably 10 other players republic side geared enough to replace the three we're missing -- 8/9 of which are a progression team of another guild which means that helping us out, should they have he heart, means THEY will be locked out and unable to attempt the new content for their team.

What's my point here? Simple. I can't help but reiterate -- something needs to happen here. To be honest, I'm seriously considering unsubscribing as well -- the large reason why I haven't done so was to get FIVE DAYS worth of playtime before I left for my holiday. I get back just when my sub runs out -- I'll likly sub for another month then just so I can get online, reassess the situation and get a feel for how things are compared to when I left.

So please, I ask a developer or anyone from staff -- if you're reading this, please, PLEASE kick it up to whoever it has to reach. All of us love playing this game -- but there is a difference between being unable to play it and refusing to play it -- the former is our issue, the latter is a consequence.

Edit:

As for PvP (if you're interested), I don't know. Before I left, we were trying to rally imperials to get it happening more but out of the 3 of us who were pushing for it, I'm on holiday, the other hasn't been heard from in about two weeks (shortly before I left) and the last is... well, I'm sure he can come on and give a more accurate assessment. I can say though that since he hasn't reported anything it means that PvP is either worse off than before and at the best just as stagnant (just can't get deader than dead though so... take a guess?).

Thanks again for reading.

Edited by TrueNovaZero

After reading a PM on our guild forums, I've popped on just specifically to throw this out there(I'm on holiday in Europe, dammit). The above user has actually unsubscribed along with two others. All three have refused to resubscribe until a merge happens or player numbers get a boost. Since either aren't happening, I've bid them farewell.

Out of the two progression groups we have, that denies us 2 of our most advanced players out of 9. I'm on holiday -- meaning our roster is down to 6. One more dropped out due to wanting to take a break from being frustrated with the game (he hasn't cited discontent with the player populations and has stated that he won't be doing anything major until I return). That means 5. I have yet to correspond with my Ops officer, but if they're doing things by the book, it means they're reaching out. There is probably 10 other players republic side geared enough to replace the three we're missing -- 8/9 of which are a progression team of another guild which means that helping us out, should they have he heart, means THEY will be locked out and unable to attempt the new content for their team.

What's my point here? Simple. I can't help but reiterate -- something needs to happen here. To be honest, I'm seriously considering unsubscribing as well -- the large reason why I haven't done so was to get FIVE DAYS worth of playtime before I left for my holiday. I get back just when my sub runs out -- I'll likly sub for another month then just so I can get online, reassess the situation and get a feel for how things are compared to when I left.

So please, I ask a developer or anyone from staff -- if you're reading this, please, PLEASE kick it up to whoever it has to reach. All of us love playing this game -- but there is a difference between being unable to play it and refusing to play it -- the former is our issue, the latter is a consequence.

Edit:

As for PvP (if you're interested), I don't know. Before I left, we were trying to rally imperials to get it happening more but out of the 3 of us who were pushing for it, I'm on holiday, the other hasn't been heard from in about two weeks (shortly before I left) and the last is... well, I'm sure he can come on and give a more accurate assessment. I can say though that since he hasn't reported anything it means that PvP is either worse off than before and at the best just as stagnant (just can't get deader than dead though so... take a guess?).

Thanks again for reading.

Well said. I have trouble not being upset at being blatantly ignored for some unknown reason, so my posts about this topic reflect that.

merge is a bad ideal, what if the population drops again? cross server is the only fix, at least u can do low level FPs, so hard to get a group going these days, i find most hte time i log on if it's not peak, u can't do anything!

i hope f2p brings more people back otherwise i'm going to quit!

btw, WOW gained 3 million subscribers by cross server instances/raids/battlegrounds, *hint* *hint* Bioware!

merge is a bad ideal, what if the population drops again? cross server is the only fix, at least u can do low level FPs, so hard to get a group going these days, i find most hte time i log on if it's not peak, u can't do anything!

i hope f2p brings more people back otherwise i'm going to quit!

btw, WOW gained 3 million subscribers by cross server instances/raids/battlegrounds, *hint* *hint* Bioware!

If the server pop drops it's bad either way.

I don' think you can back up that number about cross server grouping bringing in 3 mill.

I think merging is better, because then when you meet someone you like playing with you can, you know, play with them again!

+1 for server transfers.

34 people on fleet at 1300 ACDT on a Friday. Wednesday night at 2100 ACDT there was ~60. Logged onto a super server adn there were 3 instances of fleet with 200+ on each. Please either consolidate APAC servers or move us!

• 3 weeks later...

So the Gav has gotten to the point where there have been forums created for the entire server to freely log into. As far as I know, no guilds are running progression on their own. The only progression raids happening are raids organised by these forums.

'nuff said. I retract my previous statements disputing the validity of a merge, because I no longer care. Be it free transfers, or a server merge, I want a way to get to a populated server that doesn't involve re-rolling or logging 10+ in-game reports every day.

Edited by ingenuityfails

As a US west coast player I happen to play on both The Harbinger and Dalborra, mostly since my guild has a presence in all of the regions and the extra character slots from doing so. Though, I know at least in my guild there were a lot of people like myself who moved over to help show support for oceanic servers and their viability for the OC guild members moving over, so I would hope the servers can be merged with possibly the choice to transfer for those who wish to do so... It would be a shame to see them just shut down I think in any case.

It will be interesting to see whatever fix BioWare decides on, though hopefully if transfers are the way out of this issue, I am hoping to see free transfers and one that is not limited to a particular server or region. Best to allow those moving to decide where to go in my view. For myself, I plan on staying whether my guild is located.

• 3 weeks later...
So the Gav has gotten to the point where there have been forums created for the entire server to freely log into. As far as I know, no guilds are running progression on their own. The only progression raids happening are raids organised by these forums.

Ahh, that isn't the case at all, Visz run solo, CoR pretty much have the capacity to run solo but have opened their teams to help others, and I'm fairly sure Sun Guard and Praxium are pretty self reliant. What happens on the server forum that has been created is not the be all and end all of the server, it is merely an effort to help everyone on the server achieve their goals for the game. Those who invest time and effort into this seem quite content.

As for the server pop, F2P hasn't had an impact on end game. Other level zones has seen a large influx of players and several returning. Are the APAC servers as healthy as the US? No, they have improved but possibly not quite enough.

In an added note, continued negativity will do nothing to solve anyone's problems. If anything, it will only added to and make existing problems worse. Whilst I understand this situation is frustrating I ask everyone who still gives a damn to remain as positive and constructive as possible. Coming here and saying you simply don't give a **** will do nothing but encourage BW/EA to not give a ****.

• 4 weeks later...

Merge servers NOW.

Or at the very least implement cross-server queuing for the Oceanic servers. Heck, it would be a good live test before / if they ever implement cross-server queueing more broadly.

At the moment, neither Dalb nor Gav has enough population to keep 50s PvP popping (and faction balance on Dalborra is awful which contributes to the problem *cough MVP cough*) ... with a new pool of players we might see more WZ pops and more evolving competition.

• 1 month later...

Since early start i was on Swiftsure. Free transfers i "LUCKILY" moved only ONE toon to Master Dar'nala and left the rest on Swiftsure.

Free moved from Swiftsure to Bastion. Dar'Nala = EMPTY i mean always Empty....

Bastion = busy but laggy.

Cancelled my sub since i can't transfer to at least an Oceanic PVE server since Oceanic PVP is dead as dead and world PVP in TOR is close to non-existent. Spent on cartel coins and happy with my toons on Bastion but not re-rolling on an Oceanic, spending more money on cartel etc. I have better things to do with my time than re-level classes i already enjoy. Happy to pay for any transfers, don't care as long as the end result is to enjoy the game which at present i enjoy about 50% of the time compared to the previous 100% on release.

Clearly this isn't a concern for BW, nor do they care about the community, they only care about the $$ rather than understand that happy community = more $$. Good to see the post in 2012 for transfers to be released in summer (aussie winter) which never happened. Consolidation of servers was Step 1 now waiting for Step 2 transfers.

Maybe in 2020 we will see some sort of actual ACTION towards meeting industry norms of paid transfers, character re-names, legacy re-names, faction change, race change and more.

Edited by Xoralis