WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

DonSkuzzie

I don't like the idea of penalizing someone on a failed craft. Sure your time is precious but so is ours and we have no control over whether or not our companion is going to fail a craft.

The board idea sounds awesome, but I am against penalizing someone for failing a craft.

I don't like the idea of penalizing someone on a failed craft. Sure your time is precious but so is ours and we have no control over whether or not our companion is going to fail a craft.

The board idea sounds awesome, but I am against penalizing someone for failing a craft.

You cant fail a craft only fail missions. He means you accept an order but fail to deliver. I still dont like the lock out idea. Like maybe do a rating system and if someone gets a lot of bad marks for any reason like failing to craft in a set time or just being bad at customer service.

You cant fail a craft only fail missions. He means you accept an order but fail to deliver. I still dont like the lock out idea. Like maybe do a rating system and if someone gets a lot of bad marks for any reason like failing to craft in a set time or just being bad at customer service.

The other way to do this, which has been mentioned is to have the system set so that when you accept a crafting order your companion automatically starts creating the item and when done the item goes to the buyer directly, so you can't fail to deliver.

Why not just do it the way it's been done for 20 years in MMO's? Why do people have to have Everything handed to them? That is one thing that sets great crafters apart from every other Joe Blow with the same recipe. You work the market and be a salesman....That is a huge part of the game for crafters.

Why the need to "Oh I have these mats, I should instantly create an item and go to a market, click a button, and sell it at a high price.

Why not just do it the way it's been done for 20 years in MMO's? Why do people have to have Everything handed to them? That is one thing that sets great crafters apart from every other Joe Blow with the same recipe. You work the market and be a salesman....That is a huge part of the game for crafters.

Why the need to "Oh I have these mats, I should instantly create an item and go to a market, click a button, and sell it at a high price.

I dont think that is what we are asking for. We are asking for a way not to have people waiting upto 24 hours for an item. I know I would not be really happy giving matts over to some guys and he be like peace see you tomorrow.

Since crafting a top tier purple item (lets say an item mod) takes 40min for the craft alone, you can't realy expect buyers to wait for it that long.

Wouldn't it be possible later on, to implement some kind of self craft mechanic, where you don't need to send your crew to do the crafting, but can actually do it yourself in lets say, 5min.

Since most same type and tier gear requires the same mats, you could solve it by introducing a "certificat of craft X" where X is the type and tier of items you can instantly convert it to. This opens for some flexibility without removing the time needed to craft items. The penalty is you can't RE or trade it, untill it is changed into an item.

You could make the crafting time of the certificate twice as long to pay for the flexibility.

I don't see a problem with having to wait 40 minutes for something custom and I also don't see a problem with crafters having to guess what the market will buy if they don't want to make customers wait for something custom.

Think about the Auto Industry as an analogy. The majority of car manufacturers build what they think will sell and then there are some exotic brands (Rolls-Royce and Ferrari for example) where the majority of their vehicles are custom made for the individual and take many months for delivery.

I still really like the way CoH did its market.

It's a double blind bid*, and if something you want isn't for sale you can make a buy order.

*Double blind means you don't see the sell offer price, nor the purchase offer price. The only information displayed is the last 5 sale prices, with date and time, the number for sale, and the number bidding.

The idea of a crafting "bounty board" is a great idea. Especially since the time to craft and item can be quite substantial.

If I want Schematic A I can place a "want ad" and someone can fill this or they can lock if for an hour but if they fail to craft they get a "black mark" and cannot lock a request for a day. Increase 12 hours with each failure to complete a locked request.

A board would have to include a order/purchase system. Too many times people will post "I want" ads then 30 seconds later find someone to make it and leave their ad hanging.

Alright first off, I love the crew skill system, but here is a massive problem i forsee.

The only way to sell things now, is just craft something you think will be bought and put it on the trade Market , this is just something i don't like, it destroys the interaction with traders.

Since crafting a top tier purple item (lets say an item mod) takes 40min for the craft alone, you can't realy expect buyers to wait for it that long.

Wouldn't it be possible later on, to implement some kind of self craft mechanic, where you don't need to send your crew to do the crafting, but can actually do it yourself in lets say, 5min.

This will make the tarde channel alot more active.

I wanted to unlock all the purple mods later on, but i can't be arsed to try and sell them if i have to gamble for it to be bought or not (it costs a ****laod of gathering time spend on the resources, and credits).

Same goes for craftable armors and weapons i guess.

Just a thought, but i never liked the auction house in wow much for epics. For materials and consumables its fine, but for the bigger crafts i always looked for people who could craft them, and let them craft it in a few minutes..

Anyone else feel like this?

I'd rather have a way to "finalize" a sale without the item necessarily being there. That way prices can be higher on the GTN for people that want their gear NAOW to compensate crafters for taking the risk of "advance crafting" while still allowing others to make deals about a trade "that they will have to wait for" without being able to back out of a made deal. So you could like "lock" a companion to crank out an order for someone, the credits for the order get "frozen" (neither the trader not the customer has access to them) and the item automatically gets sent upon completion and the credits added to the trader's account.

I really hate WoW's current economy where buying the mats and having it crafted is unrealistically cheap, I think the time based crafting might be able to do away with that (though we'll see how it turns out in the end) as it actually requires some effort from both parties.

The current crafting system is kind of annoying in my opinion. And if it really takes 40 minutes to craft a super awesome level 50 item that practically requires a reverse auction house/buyers board system where buyers post their offering price, quantity and commodity required and sellers/crafters could either whisper them or craft then sell and the item will appear in the buyers mail.

Instead of 40 minutes to craft it should just be a 40 minute cooldown before your companion can do another mission

This would be nice as well.

what is the purpose of this thread? it just seems like some random, pointless non essential moan.

WoW = Auctions

SWG = Bazaar

I mean... Most MMO's have the ability to make/loot an item, take it to the market, and purchase that item.

Quite frankly, seeing WTS flashing at the top of my screen does my head in, I don't care what you have to sell, and I shouldn't have to put you on my ignore list because your being inconsiderate.

It's kind of like, someone knocking on your door, and just standing their with their goods...

As for the transaction... why have an "Opt in/Opt out" method... if you agreed to the transaction, then you've agreed to it, why should you then have to wait 48hrs just to get your item?

Instead of 40 minutes to craft it should just be a 40 minute cooldown before your companion can do another mission

This does indeed solve most of the problems, and isn't unrealistic.

I like the bounty board aswell tbh, where you can basicly spend some credits to post on it, where you then select an item you are looking for, and set your bid and time (and pay the amount you bid as you submit it).

Crafters can then look on this board and open up a list where they then see items they can make themselves, and get a list of people who are looking for the item, and there bids.

Like someone else named, reverse auction house.

Obviously the auction house will still be used for the world drops, materials, or just crafts but for more money then people on the boards are giving for it.

I really like the bulliten board idea that has been suggested. A place where buyers can post buy orders, and crafters could advertize their crafting skills. There is still need for the GTM, though. This is how I see it working...

As a buyer you would post a buy order for 'item X' at 'cost Y'

• The buy order would cost a minimal daily rate to remain on the bulliten board (incentive to prevent rediculous requests and orders left open when they are no longer desired)
  • The buyer could opt to provide materials for the requested item, setting a deposit the crafter would have to pay to aquire the materials. (If the order is not filled, the buyer retains the deposit)
  • When a crafter decides to fill a buy order, they may choose not to use the buyers materials, avoiding the deposit cost.
  • When a crafter decides to fill a buy order, the buy order is removed from the bulliten board, and the buyer is sent an email informing them who picked up their order.
  • The crafter would have 24 hours to fill the buy order, after which the buyer may choose to cancel the order, and the deposit would be mailed to the buyer. (a buy order quantity limit would need to be imposed to avoid orders that would require more than 24 hours to complete)
  • Once the order has been filled the item would be mailed to the buyer, and the crafter would receive their payment + deposit.

Mentioned earlier, crafters could advertize their crafting skills through this bulliten board system as well. Though what I have in mind is a little different.

• Crafters would enable a crafting flag and choose up to 5 schematics they are most interested in crafting. (maybe have an option to automaticaly enable/disable the flag on entering/leaving a major city)
  • When a potential buyer views the buliten board they are given a list of active players with their crafting flag enabled. It would show their name, location, crafting skill, crafting level, and their 5 advertized schematics.
  • The buliten board could be filtered by location, crafting skill, and level.
  • From there a potential buyer would wisper a potential crafter, "Could you craft 'item x' for me?" Starting a beautiful new relationship.

Also a good suggestion was a player rating system. Something that shows a players statistics. Like number of orders filled/canceled, PvP wins/losses, ect...

Edited by leejophi

I agree with the billboard idea, I'll leave implementation ideas to those with more experience with such a system though.

Also a good suggestion was a player rating system. Something that shows a players statistics. Like number of orders filled/canceled, PvP wins/losses, ect...

I'm going to say I don't think this is a good idea. It reminds me too much of WoW's achievement system where people are being valued on achievements (compare: win ratio in PvP) rather than on their actual qualities. Good traders/PvP-ers/... will obtain a reputation on the server quickly enough, as will bad ones... On top of that a rating system is way to easy to abuse, just look at the "arena rating boosting" going on in WoW and if you let people judge others it's only a matter of time before the "most reputable" people on the server are all Chinese gold farmers...