Nascar... I mean Ilum

Nakazia

I don't mind the grind normally but cmon now.

I've decided I can't and won't do it. Despite the fact that half of your overall PvP daily/weekly rewards (Empire side only, sorry pubs!) come from this objective I find it a ridiculous design. The first few days after the changes were made my server was bustling around and showing a small glimmer of world PvP but since then it's just good ol Nascar.

Cartman believes it's for the poor and stupid... I tend to agree.

Prime time last night and I see a few dozen people in Ilum... fighting pubs? Actual PvP? Oh no no no... just people riding in endless circles around central assault.

I'm irritated that I just can't bring myself to do it, because it's just not fun.

If anyone can answer....

Why are ALL of the quest objective at Central? No really Why? If they were spread out amongst all of the Assaults it'd make it a whole new ball game.

Why is it that the daily/weekly split for warzones is 3/day and 9/week and for nascar you need to obtain 30/day and 150/week. So for warzones you only need to complete three dailys to get your weekly done but for your Ilum stuff you need to do your daily five times?

You really can't factor in non existant pubs to kill either... especially not when the ONE pub I did happen to see yesterday I didn't even get any valor/credit for, nice, and how hard is it to make the Ilum buff work as intended on top of that? Running in and out of the zone after warzones to get the Ilum buff to even function correctly was annoying too... Guess I'll be a late Battle Master bloomer at this rate. Oh well

Atleast you have the option to complete said quests... seeing as im republic, ive been in the center one time.... we held it for a whole 3 minutes before the zerg swarm of imps swallowed us whole...

On my server 90% of the time the Imps control Center, it's so bad the Imps usually log out or WZ queue while in center. We do sometimes get enough of a team to fight the Imps and hold center for awhile. It just doesn't happen enough and I'm sure the Imps also like it better than running in circles for boxes.

Ilum is boring for both sides with benefit going to the Imps who can at least complete the daily/weekly although in a boring/slow way. So OP, I'd rather your shoes than our usual situation of a 6-man "Ops" group trying to find a few Imps to attack or trying to get one kill before dying to the zerg of valor-farming Imps.

Ilum's current design is terrible from FPS issues to the "armament" boxes.

Edited by Kunari

Just cancel...Maybe they will get the picture! PVP is utter fail

Wait 30mins for WZ (check)

Do the Illum thing (gd that is horrilbe...as someone coined it pvB is what we where offered)

Nah I don't want to cancel.

There are many other things about this game I enjoy and I don't believe PvP is utter fail either, just Ilum's design. Alot of people begged for world PvP and here it is... I can only hope there are changes in the works.

The simple fact that a whole faction can't even complete the objective and half of those that can find the thought nauseating should be reason enough for a change though.

Btw 30 mins for a warzone queue? Seems steep you may want to requeue more often, I've never had to wait half that.