If they made a Thrawn movie...

zachass

If they ever hypothetically adapted the Thrawn storyline into film, who would you cast as whom? I have no overwhelming opinions myself, just wanna see what names get tossed around. Although I could really see Paul Bettanyplaying Admiral Thrawn.

OK, I absolutely love Benedict Cumberbatch...but I don't see him being good as Thrawn. He's got a good voice for it, but not the right look/build. Maybe Michael Fassbender....or even Hugo Weaving.

I was thinking Fassbender as well. I love how he carries himself in movies (Like as David in Prometheus) I think he would make a good Thrawn

Nicolas Cage is never inappropriate for any role.

Truer words never spoken. His career may have come downhill in the past few years but back in the early / late 90's and even early millennium, dude was amazing. Still one of my Top 5, when it comes to living actors.

Either way, for some reason, I can only picture a british actor playing this role.

• 1 year later...

This dead horse again?

Even though Disney is using some of the old EU, pretty much everything post-ROTJ will be completely ignored. All those casting rumors are completely made up, probably by 4chan mouthbreathers looking for a good laugh.

Truer words never spoken. His career may have come downhill in the past few years but back in the early / late 90's and even early millennium, dude was amazing. Still one of my Top 5, when it comes to living actors.

Either way, for some reason, I can only picture a british actor playing this role.

Agreed. I think the problem is, even after movies like leaving Las Vegas and Moonstruck where he clearly shows he can "play it straight" he is just a quirky dude and he gravitated to quirky projects. He is also clearly (and admittedly) a comic/sci-fi geek and so has made some QUESTIONABLE choices in terms of parts in movies like this. My only issue with him as Thrawn is that if he can ham it up lately he hams it up and Thrawn is a character who I am see him haming it up with.

That said I would say Fassbender is the best choice..

Edited by Ghisallo