Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

mfourcustom

You are a hybrid tank class, you should never have more dps than gunslingers and sents, but you were OP.....now correctly brought back to the pack and you start whining =/

Harden the f up ppl

it's really difficult at times like this not to start attacking ppl cuz such ridiculous ***** emanates from their proverbial mouths. troopers are horrible tanks and now they're horrible dps. when they spec dps, they are ONLY dps. the only class with effective hybridization is the shadow, and they're probably the most powerful class in the game atm.

but let me invert the idiocy of your statement: sages, scoundrels and mandos should all do mediocre healing because they're a hybrid class that can also dps. right. thought so. go away, little man.

Edited by foxmob

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a hybrid tank class, you should never have more dps than gunslingers and sents, but you were OP.....now correctly brought back to the pack and you start whining =/

Except Sentinels always did more damage than PTs, in parses or focus-specced in PvP. And if you disagree either your rotation needs work or the sentinels on your server are trash. And good gunslingers always put up comparable numbers to PTs.

I'm not buying into any of this 'okay, PTs were a little OP in 1.7' thing, because they weren't. We did the best up front burst, and we had good sustained damage. The tradeoffs were we had zero mobility, poor CC and poor survivability. And that was fine with me. Because we were scary. There's no intimidation factor when Explosive Dart, TD and Flameburst (when it crits) all hit for around 3k, and Rail Shot rarely ever breaks 7k. Meanwhile Snipers and Lightning Sorcs deal more damage, more burst damage, have higher control, higher survivability, and do so from the safety of 30m or more away. Oh, and our other AC, Mercs, can 100-0 someone in 4 GCDs, sometimes with back-to-back-to-back 8k hits.

Punitive nerfs are the most immature and stupid thing devs can do in a game, but I can't help but feel that's what happened here. I'm not really sure why vanguards and powertechs were singled out so much when it seems the nerf bat was much kinder to smashers, and maras were untouched. Really, it's like you have to have a gimped unplayable class/spec after every adjustment you make, and you'd think after what you did with operatives back in the day you would have learned your lesson. Really, enjoy the massive drop in subscriptions due to your ignorance, EAware.

I don't think any respectable RWZ team would take a DPS PT/VG when there are such better options now.

Pyro was all about great burst, but compensated by it being a glass cannon- in that it had no defensive/escape CDs like Undying Rage, no Instant-stealth, and was forced to fight in <10m unlike snipers, mercs and sorcs.

The changes did very little to compensate the spec for completely eliminating its burst. Improvement to Kolto Overload while nice, won't save you from the myriad of 7k+ hits that are floating around.. they also nerfed our main defensive option a bit by replacing our ability that could reduce shield CD with the flameshield one..

I agree and support the buffs to the merc/commando class, but I feel that buffing the other classes would have been enough. By nerfing the PT/VG at the same time they've simply switched the classes around and made us substandard DPS and Tanks that can no longer perform to the same standards as most other classes (when played by similarly skilled players)

Edited by ausmisc

The state of Vanguard/PT kind of reminds me of what happened to Unholy Death Knights in WoW after season 5. The class got absolutely leveled, to the point where it was only viable in competitive pvp as a slow/silence bot for warriors and hunters to help them kill things more efficiently. And VGs don't even have THAT functionality.

No burst. Useless shield for DPS (unlike other classes). No self heals. No sprint.

Why would you take a DPS or tank ac and MAKE them choose tank? Why can we DPS anymore? I can't even DPS in PvE anymore. I'm full 63 BiS everything and my DPS went from 1a/1b to 4th. And that's not even a close race anymore. C'mon, really? There's no way that this can fly.....not when you let other classes literally do 8k hits still. Why did you single vanguards out?

Maybe this is a silly statement, but isn't hold the line our sprint and adrenaline rush our self heal? Granted they don't really do much but they're still there.

P.S. /signed on this thread since I have a lot more fun playing on my trooper than my gs or sin or sniper at the moment, even with it being "gutted" as my other brethren have so eloquently demonstrated.

Edited by platinumruggo

it's really difficult at times like this not to start attacking ppl cuz such ridiculous ***** emanates from their proverbial mouths. troopers are horrible tanks and now they're horrible dps. when they spec dps, they are ONLY dps. the only class with effective hybridization is the shadow, and they're probably the most powerful class in the game atm. .

I lolled at this. Explains why there's so many of them on rated teams, and why they're always relegated to node guarding...

So OP

not been funny or out, but now why don't you all go do what the rest of us did after a few months of playing swtor... go play on normal, (sniper) hard (sorc) or nightmare mode (carny /anhil mara)

instead of crying that your roflburst, 3 button bashing class has got the nerf it deserved.

Edited by iaintoff

I don't think any respectable RWZ team would take a DPS PT/VG when there are such better options now.

Pyro was all about great burst, but compensated by it being a glass cannon- in that it had no defensive/escape CDs like Undying Rage, no Instant-stealth, and was forced to fight in <10m unlike snipers, mercs and sorcs.

The changes did very little to compensate the spec for completely eliminating its burst. Improvement to Kolto Overload while nice, won't save you from the myriad of 7k+ hits that are floating around.. they also nerfed our main defensive option a bit by replacing our ability that could reduce shield CD with the flameshield one..

I agree and support the buffs to the merc/commando class, but I feel that buffing the other classes would have been enough. By nerfing the PT/VG at the same time they've simply switched the classes around and made us substandard DPS and Tanks that can no longer perform to the same standards as most other classes (when played by similarly skilled players)

Bioware, please read.^^

/signed

I didn't spend much time on the PTS and it was a bit of a shocker when this went live. Don't get me wrong, hold the line is a nice ability but giving it to all troopers kind of spat in the face of everyone who played tactics. The shoulder missiles come off as a gimmick and simply don't make up for the burst that was gutted from AP. The sad part is that they could have just left VG/PT alone while most other classes got brought up in DPS. Instead, the scales have shifted so far in the opposite directions that they've now made an entire class (not just advanced class) unplayable for high end PvP.

The commando/merc buffs were nice, but everything still revolves around grav spams which basically turns them into a lame sniper that anyone can leap to and interrupt. I don't feel that I even have to address assault tree for commando as it got the same nerf as VG. I'll probably try to do some more testing with commando but I just can't imagine quality pvp'ers allowing someone to stand there and spam gravs/missiles when they are so easily shut down. A gunnery commando on the run is going to be useless and that's what they'll be doing (assuming they survive choke/smash long enough to even move)

Oh well, that's my QQ for the day. I guess I'll go back to my self loathing sentinel to smash it up like the devs want me to.

I lolled at this. Explains why there's so many of them on rated teams, and why they're always relegated to node guarding...

So OP

running a lot of 2.0 rated teams, are you? no. wait. US stopped pvping. saw that announcement in server forum. ;) shadows are wrecking house atm. mauls are crazy critting, and there's no cd on it ala smash or limited proc ala railshot. you can string 3 in a row pop a shock and/or discharge. target was dead 2 gcds ago.

sniper can be los'd. decepticon kills you before you know he's there. and he can spec tank to stealth guard very effectively.

troll better.

Edited by foxmob

/signed

i have played VG since day 1 played all 3 specs and hybrids(tried them all) i dont care that AS got nerfed but i do care that we got nothing in return except a tatics ability which is neat in certain cases and some subpar "off the gcd" missle blast attack which when spec'd can CRIT for 2.5k (WOAH) so overall the only thing we can do is dots its like watchmen sents with out the ability to auto crit the dots or apply burst

this was all dot damage highest crit was 4.8k....

http://imgur.com/U1zJR3Z

(the guardian on my team was Vig spec)

this is my spec for AS: http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/vanguard/237/?build=003200300000000000000000000000000203100000000000000000000000000003200302221200120230003000000000&ver=20

this was a game i did as tatics (havent played the spec since like 1.3)

http://imgur.com/eMqgw5F

(the sent was smash spec rofl)

this was my spec for tatics (not the best player at the spec either): http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/vanguard/237/?build=002200000000000000000000000000000203120220120212211102300230001000200000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

PS: i know im only 51 but at 55 the TTK is much longer ive been told by many guildys who are actively pvping so not sure if thats worse or better for us, good in the sense nothing with die and we can just aoe and spread dots and taunts all game for MASSIVE DAMAGE lolol but our dps will be crap and our survivability stays subpar

I just wanna add in to this and say it saddens me to see whats happening to our class.. on my server anyway i'm seeing less and less pt/vg pyros and the ones that are still around have swaped over to tank and are not really happy with their mains.. I know i was one of the first big qqers here on the fourms about vanguard/pt dps after the nerf but the more i think about it the less and less i see the devs/bw doing something about our class.. wouldn't get my hopes up were i you guys. Edited by mfourcustom

I just wanna add in to this and say it saddens me to see whats happening to our class.. on my server anyway i'm seeing less and less pt/vg pyros and the ones that are still around have swaped over to tank and are not really happy with their mains.. I know i was one of the first big qqers here on the fourms about vanguard/pt dps after the nerf but the more i think about it the less and less i see the devs/bw doing something about our class.. wouldn't get my hopes up were i you guys.

horse butt! horse butt! horse butt!

you know you want to....