A tribute for Revan

BjoernR

Hello

[spoiler about the Flashpoint "The Foundry]

Just played the imperial Flashpoint where you fight versus Revan and "kill" him.

Is this a joke? My brother is a really big Star Wars Fan with tons of books, he saw the old

trilogy in the cinemas. Before Kotor i was not really interested in Star Wars but i have to admit

that i never gave the movies a chance (now i love them). One day i got an cold and had to stay home and rest so i saw that game called "knights of the old republic" in my brothers room. That game was (is) so awesome that i became a big star wars fan. I watched all the movies and i read all the important books. Of course i also read all the important SWTOR books like Revan and decivied.

Revan is my luke. Because of Kotor and Revan i became a Star Wars Fan.

If Revan got killed by a bunch of imperial clowns i will have to post images of sad cats.

So this post is more a request: Bring Revan back ... alive and not as a stupid ghost who is haunting my jedi knight. ;)

P.S: Here is a little video that show some important moments of the book "Revan".

Also i hoped you all understood my broken english. :p

I'd suggest you level a Republic character and then do the Maelstrom Prison FP. Might make you happy, but also confused as all getout. If you don't wanna do that, look below then :)

The Taral V fp has you led by a jedi force ghost to uncover a way to save a prisoner. You get a gree supercomputer that allows you to enter a dangerous space area called the maelstrom which houses a prison built for one prisoner. This leads into the Maelstrom Prison fp where you assault the prison to free the prisoner. It's revealed at the end the prisoner is Revan and the force ghost is the Jedi Exile. You then free Revan and he returns with you to the Republic fleet. You don't see him again after a short cutscene on the republic ship area since he's behind a gated story area. No idea if BW has plans to bring him back for any reason but I doubt it since he died in the empire fp.

Edited by Chinesus

I'd suggest you level a Republic character and then do the Maelstrom Prison FP. Might make you happy, but also confused as all getout. If you don't wanna do that, look below then :)

The Taral V fp has you led by a jedi force ghost to uncover a way to save a prisoner. You get a gree supercomputer that allows you to enter a dangerous space area called the maelstrom which houses a prison built for one prisoner. This leads into the Maelstrom Prison fp where you assault the prison to free the prisoner. It's revealed at the end the prisoner is Revan and the force ghost is the Jedi Exile. You then free Revan and he returns with you to the Republic fleet. You don't see him again after a short cutscene on the republic ship area since he's behind a gated story area. No idea if BW has plans to bring him back for any reason but I doubt it since he died in the empire fp.

The Taral V FP is placed before "The foundry".

Revan said in the last cutscene he knows a place called "The Foundry". So the Foundry is the last Place in SWTOR with Revan. :(

But thanks for your post :)

there have been some posters who have pointed out that Revan says the same quite that Darth Malak said at the end of the first KOTR when he died.. then despores, some fans of the game pointed out that could be do to hem becoming one with the force.. or he could of used the force to tel port away he says something like "now I know what you meat when you said.." and I cant remaber after that

I was so disapointed when I saw that you were FORCED to kill Revan... There should be an option to save him from the Empire and send him in exile somewhere... (wouldn't be the first time :D )

But in BW's defense, the revan we see in TOR is very weakened after centuries of captivity. He's just a crazy old man now, he probably could not even survive outside of the Foundry.

Edited by Zeerko

Be thankful he even got that.

Yes we all know her death was awful and she shouldn't have been in that book, but she was in the story long before drew wrote the novel,we all knew she was going to be dead long ago, but in the end now he can become Kealthas 2.0 and it seems he is becoming that already while the exile gets a semi respectible death much like palpatine who was also betrayed.

Yes we all know her death was awful and she shouldn't have been in that book, but she was in the story long before drew wrote the novel,we all knew she was going to be dead long ago, but in the end now he can become Kealthas 2.0 and it seems he is becoming that already while the exile gets a semi respectible death much like palpatine who was also betrayed.

Everything that made her interesting was stripped away in the novel, but I doubt you would even understand.

Everything that made her interesting was stripped away in the novel, but I doubt you would even understand.

I do you hate how she was shown as a robin in the novel and all her achievements where not recognized just so she could be shown as his mindless follower yet again.

But worse things have happened in the world of Literature.

To my knowledge you never actually deliver any killing blow to Revan.. And I have read enough books, watched enough movies and what have we regarding Star Wars to know that if no killing blow was struck.. Said character never died..

I doubt we've seen the last of Revan.. Sadly.

Ah yes, the obsession with Revan.

Let me just go ahead and explain, in simple terms, why Revan is so many people's favorite character.

He is you. Yep, Revan was first and foremost a player character. That meant his appearance, strengths, weaknesses, and personality were all tailored to your desire. Fantastic for an RPG, but you can't roll something with that level of ambiguity into a multiplayer game. it just doesn't work. Look at all the work obsidian did to not force a "canon" ending on Kotor 1, wasted effort with the release of this game.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they did a bad portrayal of Revan, but that's not so much something I blame on Bioware as I do on the people who keep buying books written by Karpyshyn just because they have the star wars logo on it. It inflates the guy's ego (who recently said he "started out" writing crap... yeah you're still writing **** buddy), and paves the way for these quick nostalgia dollar projects to see if slapping Revan's name on a book and then butchering the non-canon designs of two popular video games can rake in enough cash to merit the publishing and time spent writing.

Well we told bioware this BIGTIME in gametesting but they refused as always to take the feedback.

So Revan in this game is a pretty sad dude anyone above lvl 38 can kill including npc mobs etc etc.

For a company that cares about story they sure failed beyond with Revan in this game.But think about it this way.

This game is not canon but the novels sorounding the game is,so in fact you actually never fought him :)

Just some bad game thing they put in to cash in on Revans name.

The story in kotor is 100 times better then in this game anyway !

Edited by Lord_Karsk

• 3 weeks later...

mmm....i must say i dont agree with meetras accomplishments being diminished by the book. i hate her ending in it, but i guess its not so bad as revans...seriously...they couldnt have just let him die a heroes death against the emperor? no he had to be betrayed by scourge and kept as a prisoner for 300 years until he finally gets rescued, but it turns out that after 300 years hes lost a decent amount of his combat skills and has gone crazy obsessed with destroying the empire(97% of the empire to be exact...) and has basically just fallen to the darkside again...at least meetra got to die with her accomplishments intact and not diminished by becoming crazy and damn near evil...

again i still hate what they did with meetra in the novel. they did make her a bit too much of a sidekick. yes she idolizes revan and revan is the main hero, but still, they should have made her moreo f a hero too. instead they pretty much made scourge the main sidekick...they really should have made it obvious that meetra could have kicked his big red behind all up and down.

but to be fair, i dont blame drew or bioware. i can almost guarantee you that EA forced bioware to include revan in the game despite it being 300 years later, so they and drew had to come up with some way for him to be in it. personally i got the game to play a new hero in a world shaped by revan and meetras journeys...sadly i got to be a hero in a world shaped by revan failing and going nuts, and meetra being stabbed in the back...literally...

Edited by Jedikillar