[Video] Merc Arsenal PvP

Nightkin

Getting a win at lvl 50, imp-side on ToFN is an achievement in itself. Good work.

Now admit it, you dress up like that so reps think you're a jugg tank and they won't attack you :p

You know, the idea has struck me several times but the missiles always give it away :(

Is heatseeker missile broken? Don't think I saw a single one crit for over 3k.

Heck my marauder in recruit gear hit harder then that and that was some time ago and now I'm pulling 5-7k crits.

Thought I'd comment on this - as well as needing a good bit of luck and a fairly squishy target, high HS crits also require 5 stacks of heat signature (3 casts of tracer missile on the target). Much harder to get in huttball due to the mobile nature of the game.

Good video, thanks for posting.

Its nice to see some lesser classes used in pvp. Sadly it made me realize even further how squishy and low the burst is for sorcs/sages yet it seems mercs have one of the same problems as sorcs. As soon as people notice you they all attack you assuming you are a free kill. Good video, hope you make another. Watching marauder pvp videos is pretty boring anyway. Edited by AdmiralParmesan

Good video Nightkin. Good use of cure, good LOSing.

My critiques:

1) Stop spamming tracer when Barrage procs. You let it completely fade away at least three times in favor of tracer spamming. Unload does 3x more damage with barrage.

2) Keep an objective mindset. I got the sense you were trying to control Mid which is good, but you got carried away a few times by kills when you should really be focused on where the ball is 24/7.

Overall I'd say 8 out of 10. :)

Is heatseeker missile broken? Don't think I saw a single one crit for over 3k.

Heck my marauder in recruit gear hit harder then that and that was some time ago and now I'm pulling 5-7k crits.

I was thinking to myself- wow, I get bigger hits and do more damage on my level 25 sniper in pvp, and that's with the dot build.

Then I remembered- this is a merc.

I was thinking to myself- wow, I get bigger hits and do more damage on my level 25 sniper in pvp, and that's with the dot build.

Then I remembered- this is a merc.

Yeah, an issue with Merc is that even under ideal conditions - when you are left to free-cast with no fear of being interrupted - the DPS output still falls short compared to some other class/specs that can still perform well even while being under pressure. For example a Rage Jugg never has to worry about spell pushback, possibility of interrupt, or being forced to cancel their current cast due to needing to move (other than Ravage but that costs no resources). Yes, they must be in melee range to do this damage and can be "kited" but they also have 2 gap closers, a 70% snare uncleansable by all classes except Sorc, and their 31-point Force Crush "super snare".

In non-ideal conditions, as in you have even one opponent after you, a Merc's dps plummets terribly. Every ounce your energy must be spent to even keep yourself alive.

Good video Nightkin. Good use of cure, good LOSing.

My critiques:

1) Stop spamming tracer when Barrage procs. You let it completely fade away at least three times in favor of tracer spamming. Unload does 3x more damage with barrage.

2) Keep an objective mindset. I got the sense you were trying to control Mid which is good, but you got carried away a few times by kills when you should really be focused on where the ball is 24/7.

Overall I'd say 8 out of 10. :)

Excellent advice, i have adapted accordningly and noticed a big difference. Thanks!