I believe...

Lord_Ravenhurst

If the content every 6 weeks is tiny, why not?

Look at the HK51, that has been announced months ago. I consider it a medium size piece of new stuff - ok it´s a companion with a few voiceovers and there is fully voiced questline. Question is how long will that take to finish? 2 hours? 5 hours? 10 hours?

They promised content every 4 weeks and deliever content every ~12 weeks (on average).

Why will they suddenly be able to half their development cycle to 6 weeks if they couldn't before? Promise what you can keep - it's a good rule in life and in business.

12 weeks might be doable for them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They promised content every 4 weeks and deliever content every ~12 weeks (on average).

Why will they suddenly be able to half their development cycle to 6 weeks if they couldn't before? Promise what you can keep - it's a good rule in life and in business.

Sure, but you know "content" is a very flexible term. Everything can be considered as content, as long as it´s playable and not just bugfixing or some new gear skins.

More frequent updates to me simply mean, don´t wait 3 months for 3 new warzones, wait 1 month for 1 warzones, which is basically.. yeah, more frequent updates, but not necessarily "more content" at the end of the day.

I guess content packs will be small, but more frequent, that is what they meant.

You know... a PvE centered game rarely ever has RvR. In fact, I cannot think of one that ever did really as in an RvR game, PvE is the minigame qualifier to get to the RvR.

There are other games for your RvR fix. No game is all things to all people. Play multiple games if you have wide ranging needs.

it's a fun activity. Why not have it in this setting most of us love? Why limit the possibilities? Why always settle for minimum? Guess you are happy with a game facing maintenance mode. Just stop advising people to play other games. it is none of your business if someone wants RvR in this game and you are not entitled to lecture them.

Edited by vandana_

Sure, but you know "content" is a very flexible term. Everything can be considered as content, as long as it´s playable and not just bugfixing or some new gear skins.

More frequent updates to me simply mean, don´t wait 3 months for 3 new warzones, wait 1 month for 1 warzones, which is basically.. yeah, more frequent updates, but not necessarily "more content" at the end of the day.

I guess content packs will be small, but more frequent, that is what they meant.

Yeah but that is what I'm talking about for 12 weeks. Look at their release schedule, 12 weeks they can do (more or less), anything less is frankly pie in the sky going on past performance.

Now that doesn't mean they won't suddenly beable to double their development rate, but really that isn't the most likely outcome.

And given that I'd rather they make promises the know they can keep, and if they DO deliever content every 6 weeks, then so much the better.

With free to play on the horizon i hope for there sake that they can keep up a month to month update regiment and have LOTS of new content flowing in at a decent pace. Cause that is how free to play works.

Turbine went from 4 months between updates to 4-6 weeks between updates dropping full quest CHAINS and raids in each update or massive events (this is talking DDO). That is why they saw F2P work so well for them.

BUT SWTOR seems to think one raid or one FP is enough content to keep people busy for months on end and that wont fly in the F2P market. I am hoping the november launch of F2P has all the stuff they promised us this year ... cathar new planet next 5 levels etc.... that would be a massive update and might even bring back some people who have not come back for a raid that isnt really as fun or rewarding as the gear level required to be perfectly honest.

They have to start thinking in terms of mini sagas every two months if they want this to work ... not just one quest when ever they feel like it ... its got to be 5 FPs with HMs AND either 1 FP at tier 2 (like LI) or a raid or a warzone or a daily chain. ... there isnt enough to do in small groups (groups of 4 or less) and that is what is killing this game ... raiding requires 8 people who A) are good enough and B) are geared enough ... which means many of us are either putting up with elitist jerks so we can raid or plain and simple not beating raids because the people we can stand arent good enough.

Personallly that is the reason i am not playing nearly as much as i used to.

Yeah but that is what I'm talking about for 12 weeks. Look at their release schedule, 12 weeks they can do (more or less), anything less is frankly pie in the sky going on past performance.

Now that doesn't mean they won't suddenly beable to double their development rate, but really that isn't the most likely outcome.

And given that I'd rather they make promises the know they can keep, and if they DO deliever content every 6 weeks, then so much the better.

doubleing the development rate is exactly what they have to do for the free to play market to work. If they dont they might as well **** can this game now.

Tux and I agree on something :D

However your statement that $15 a month is hard to justify just blows my mind. It's such a small amount of money for anyone that has an income that I find it hard to believe it has to be justified beyond the do you want to play the game or not. The amount itself is trivial. Anyone in a financial position to argue it's not a trivial amount probably has way more to worry about day to day than this game.

Call me old school but MMO = $15 per month that has always been my mindset when I decided to play one. I guess maybe it's a console mentality that you play the game for however many hours and move on. These games are meant to be played indefinitely and the player needs to have that mindset going into it.

$15 a month and unlimited playtime. The only limit is your own schedule. Best deal in entertainment.

15 bucks a month is small for anyone with a job, I agree. What galls people is that a lot of them have a lot of games- some with subscriptions. They prioritize (time and funds) on what justifies the cost the most, and what is most fun to play. As much as I love this game, a lot of people have had real issues and that results in a lot of subs to be dropped because of a combination of the above and other reasons. 15 dollars a month is too much if someone is getting a better experience elsewhere.

I'm still hoping though- I want this game to succeed. But that is just me- one person out of millions. I neither subscribe to another game nor play anything recently released. Lol, I roll it old-school with XvT (when i can get it to work), SimCity, Red Alert 1 and 2. A lot of peeps say TSW is a good alternative to this, but it didn't do anything for me. So I'll deal with this game and hope to be pleasantly surprised. F2P is coming to SWTOR whether we want it or not- I'm hoping that it is a good move.

Agree. If BW sticks to a schedule of 12 weeks, and everyone knew it would be 12 weeks, that would be better. I think it is too long, but it would be a schedule. But those updates had better be bug free with such a long lead time.

BW needs to stick to a schedule, especially when said schedule is a promise.

Everyone is always talking about Bw and EA in these type discussions. A lot of the time disparagingly. Never hear about LucasArts about this, though. I never hear or see anything in any forum, website, podcast, etc... It stands to reason they would have more input and push even now that the game has been released. Anything LucasArts does would be behind-the-scenes, but still would be apparent to the customers. You know they have got to care about the health of this game.

So you think it´s all empty promises with only.. what, 20% chance to meet expectations? The "tons of content" and "SSSP talk" ?

Empty? No. WAY over hyped, yes. I fear it will ALL be far less than what people "hope" it'll be.

I'm just trying to suggest that you temper your expectations Ravenhurst. I feel that Bioware has shown their FULL potential for the past 10 months. I expect nothing to change at this point...2million customers couldn't light a fire under them, there's no chance I think they're holding out some super massive content dump now.

Empty? No. WAY over hyped, yes. I fear it will ALL be far less than what people "hope" it'll be.

I'm just trying to suggest that you temper your expectations Ravenhurst. I feel that Bioware has shown their FULL potential for the past 10 months. I expect nothing to change at this point...2million customers couldn't light a fire under them, there's no chance I think they're holding out some super massive content dump now.

Hmm, ok probably not a bad advice. Then I will temper my expectations for a bit.. :(