BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

bump, justice, blah

What do you guys think of the datamined changes?

I dunno tbh b/c im not sure if that is in the Lil booster pack or 1.7 if its in the booster pack i don't think its going to make much of a difference b/c burst is gonna go up with gear, certain things will scale better etc and were just gonna die even faster. Plus I bet most of its bound to change.

On a side note its pretty sad that all the new major skills are just skills that Npc's already have:( that goes for all the classes and I wouldnt be shocked if the animations look the same.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you must be the only one who actually put points into that useless 2 skill reserver round.

In PVE its a pretty important talent for ammo management. I use it more or less on cooldown, and since my commando is more or less restricted to PVE these days its kind of a big deal to me.

"Advance the Line" sounds very much like some sort of interrupt or CC or leap immunity, or perhaps even some way of leaping your character forward/backward without requiring a target. If this ability is baseline for all Mercs/Commandos, plus TWO new defensive cooldowns, all I can say is...

Welcome your new Merc overlords. Perhaps DPS Mercs still won't be "FoTM" level but Merc healers will once again be the unkillable gods they once were. Though Tracer Missile having as low as a 1 second cast time will be LOL-worthy indeed.

Edited by Jenzali

"Advance the Line" sounds very much like some sort of interrupt or CC or leap immunity, or perhaps even some way of leaping your character forward/backward without requiring a target. If this ability is baseline for all Mercs/Commandos, plus TWO new defensive cooldowns, all I can say is...

Welcome your new Merc overlords. Perhaps DPS Mercs still won't be "FoTM" level but Merc healers will once again be the unkillable gods they once were. Though Tracer Missile having as low as a 1 second cast time will be LOL-worthy indeed.

My impression was that change was in gunnery. Probably very high in the tree, which would put it out of the way of commandos.

Also no idea what it is but it certainly SOUNDS like the leap/intterupt immunity I've been hoping for for ages.

If you look outside of the official forums, to say ones of those sites that ends in /r/swtor , you can still find a link with the information in it.

sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar :D

dear bioware: making our cast times shorter does not make them less vulnerable to interrupts.

from what i can tell, that seems to be their fix for merc/mando. its nice to see they are listening/know what theyre doing :rolleyes:

The possible changes look both good and bad. Possibly. Maybe. Too little info to go on, as is usually the case with that sort of thing.

Yup, at this point still way too much is unknown. It seems that a lot of this stuff is Makeb oriented. In other words, what we see in 1.7 is still up in the air. Although frankly, given the wholesale changes upcoming in Makeb (2.0), whatever changes we see in 1.7 are somewhat irrelevant.

Guys, guys, I'm not going to post the link but from what I 've seen, the Pyro spec is getting some serious love, even more, the pyro commando/merc is getting getting a nice buff.

I still have yet to see for Arsenal but looks like we might be going to be appreciated for Rankeds...

Edited by yoomazir

Yup, at this point still way too much is unknown. It seems that a lot of this stuff is Makeb oriented. In other words, what we see in 1.7 is still up in the air. Although frankly, given the wholesale changes upcoming in Makeb (2.0), whatever changes we see in 1.7 are somewhat irrelevant.

i think that we definitely need to see progress with 1.7 though. call it an act of good faith, but bioware needs to start showing that a) they actually care about maintaining PvP-oriented subscribers and b) that they understand what needs to be done to balance the PvP environment WITHOUT negatively affecting PvE.

1.7 is a great opportunity for that kind of thing, as a fix to bubble stun and some changes to Focus/Rage would make a significant difference in the overall PvP balance spectrum. maybe even throw Merc/Mando a bone with a fix to Death From Above/Mortar Volley just so that we know that they are listening, and that they are working on it.

if 1.7 comes out and its just this new "galactic reputation" stuff and nothing as far as PvP balance, bioware is going to see a lot of very unhappy people.

if 1.7 comes out and its just this new "galactic reputation" stuff and nothing as far as PvP balance, bioware is going to see a lot of very unhappy people.

With me being one of them. I'm tired of endless arserape by glowstickerjumponyousmashintheface warzones.

I want competitive PvP gameplay pre 1.2 Legacy style. Back then PvP, was still a fun thing to do. After that, my worst nightmare became "Decreased time to kill".

i think that we definitely need to see progress with 1.7 though. call it an act of good faith, but bioware needs to start showing that a) they actually care about maintaining PvP-oriented subscribers and b) that they understand what needs to be done to balance the PvP environment WITHOUT negatively affecting PvE.

1.7 is a great opportunity for that kind of thing, as a fix to bubble stun and some changes to Focus/Rage would make a significant difference in the overall PvP balance spectrum. maybe even throw Merc/Mando a bone with a fix to Death From Above/Mortar Volley just so that we know that they are listening, and that they are working on it.

What we need and what we get ain't always been exactly similar sadly =(

On the other hand every update since 1.2 has been "make or break" and yet for some reason I'm still here.

last night I scored 3 solo kills on a commando. does it mean they need a buff?

maybe.

did he even once used knock back, stun,mezz or atleast a shield?

nope.

maybe BIO should give FAQ on every AC and sell 'advanced classes for dummies' on amazon 1.99$ a pop for ebook.

million dollar idea.

last night I scored 3 solo kills on a commando. does it mean they need a buff?

maybe.

did he even once used knock back, stun,mezz or atleast a shield?

nope.

maybe BIO should give FAQ on every AC and sell 'advanced classes for dummies' on amazon 1.99$ a pop for ebook.

million dollar idea.

Your posts are, as always, insightful and helpful Uncle Atramar