Retro Thrusters

Korithras

You guys at Bioware/EA don't seem to realize the inherent flaw you put into these, so let me explain it. We cannot see backwards. And you put alot of tight spaces into the layouts of the starfighter maps. I don't need to go flying backwards 50 yards and crash into something when a mere 10 will do the same job of breaking the missile lock. Shorten the distance we fly backwards using these.

Or, simply be aware of your position when you use them? Just like barrel roll. You go flying with that, underestimate it just a little & you're crashing face first into an obstacle. Retro Thrusters are fine as is, & they can help you get the drop on an enemy easily in a dogfight.

If you're crashing with them, the problem is not the thrusters, it's the pilot :Þ

You guys at Bioware/EA don't seem to realize the inherent flaw you put into these, so let me explain it. We cannot see backwards. And you put alot of tight spaces into the layouts of the starfighter maps. I don't need to go flying backwards 50 yards and crash into something when a mere 10 will do the same job of breaking the missile lock. Shorten the distance we fly backwards using these.

If you're flying in a straight line, you wouldn't have anything behind you to crash into.

Spatial memory...

Yeah all the engine abilities will try to kill you save maybe turning thrusters.

I've used retros to amazing effect, just today I did a double head to head on a GS using my retros it was awesome and I got the kill but I almost blew it when i missed the satellite by mere meters.

Another great move is to lure your tail into a tight spot where you know the vectors already and use the retros to push yourself out and blast at their now confined backside.

Retros are for people who have situational awareness or exceeding quantities of luck.