hmmm

supermouthcml

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the combat team is most foolish

I dont think there is a "team". Austin Peckenpaugh commented while 2.0 was on PTS how he was the only dev in the PvP and class mechanics departments. He had "support members", but he did all the implementation and testing.

Until I see a dev actually mention the specific members of said pvp/combat "team", Im going to continuing assuming what AP said still holds true: that he is the only combat team dev.

2.4 ... supposed to be a huge pvp patch. Yet they are removing 8v8 ranked and adding a new planet, along with 2 new operations. "who's the more foolish; the fool? or the fool who follows him?" -kenobi

They're also doing some pvp class balancing (their version of it at least), adding new gear tiers (plz god new set bonuses), arenas with several maps, 4man ranked, and solo queue ranked. They have also been working on some new huttball map, but I'm not sure when that is coming out. 2.4 is essentially just a really big patch

As always, Naylun, I suggest that you think a bit more before posting and that you provide a thorough list rather than attempting to cherry-pick the changes that suit your lopsided, biased argument the best :)

They're also doing some pvp class balancing (their version of it at least), adding new gear tiers (plz god new set bonuses), arenas with several maps, 4man ranked, and solo queue ranked. They have also been working on some new huttball map, but I'm not sure when that is coming out. 2.4 is essentially just a really big patch

As always, Naylun, I suggest that you think a bit more before posting and that you provide a thorough list rather than attempting to cherry-pick the changes that suit your lopsided, biased argument the best :)

without a doubt.. how could i have been so blind i mean, maybe i shouldve spec'd into a smarter post.. i will definately think this over.

without a doubt.. how could i have been so blind i mean, maybe i shouldve spec'd into a smarter post.. i will definately think this over.

I'd avoid hurting your head :o You were a decent dps, a bit face-tanky and tunnelly, but that was innate to your general personality. Either way, I'd recommend that you avoid any theoretical/mildly intellectual topics, they really aren't your forte.

I'd avoid hurting your head :o You were a decent dps, a bit face-tanky and tunnelly, but that was innate to your general personality. Either way, I'd recommend that you avoid any theoretical/mildly intellectual topics, they really aren't your forte.

Ouch. That's pretty harsh.

hahaha, so hows prime defense? i heard a lot of people stayed just for you man. As for the face tanky thing, it was the only way to help you actually get some numbers for healing

hahaha, so hows prime defense? i heard a lot of people stayed just for you man. As for the face tanky thing, it was the only way to help you actually get some numbers for healing

http://i.imgur.com/zVm9HNS.jpg?1

Imagine how much higher it could have been with your awesome sage tanking :eek: Tactics vanguard tanking with innate survivability that allows a player to stand in a group and take some blows? No, that's a crutch. Light armor, ranged dps face tanking is the way to go :D

And PD is nice, but I was under the assumption that people stayed because they didn't want to spend $20 to go to an ehh guild that lost it's 3 best members within 2 weeks of server transfers :rak_02:

http://i.imgur.com/zVm9HNS.jpg?1

Imagine how much higher it could have been with your awesome sage tanking :eek: Tactics vanguard tanking with innate survivability that allows a player to stand in a group and take some blows? No, that's a crutch. Light armor, ranged dps face tanking is the way to go :D

And PD is nice, but I was under the assumption that people stayed because they didn't want to spend $20 to go to an ehh guild that lost it's 3 best members within 2 weeks of server transfers :rak_02:

nice heals, nice heals, and i won't lie they would've been better with a face tank.

but now you just need to move up a notch

http://torbattles.net/boards/boards.php?server=All&aclass=Scoundrel&mirror=no&category=healing&top=10

do i need more references?

I dont think there is a "team". Austin Peckenpaugh commented while 2.0 was on PTS how he was the only dev in the PvP and class mechanics departments. He had "support members", but he did all the implementation and testing.

Until I see a dev actually mention the specific members of said pvp/combat "team", Im going to continuing assuming what AP said still holds true: that he is the only combat team dev.

That is *********** horrible. There is 1 dev in charge of all of the pvp related changes and implementations? **** I have 10x min/max geared level 55s and I bet he doesn't even play half that many! No offense to him, but I *********** doubt he has any idea what he's doing.

There should be at LEAST, LEAST 4 people on the PVP Team. 1 for each class, and they should be responsible for covering the mirrors.

1 guy......no wonder this **** is ****ed.

Austin Peckenpaugh is likely the worst developer in the history of gaming (if you have another, please name and shame him).

"Yeah guys.. Heal yourselves to full, fix your perception issues, and learn to play. Our class balance is IMPECCABLE. We aren't wrong.. you are. Marauders and Snipers are fine (because I've shielded them for more than a year) and either get better or stay mad. UMADBRO?"

I would be embarrassed if I were him. I don't know what is said about him in Game Dev circles, but if he is anything less than the laughing stock I would be surprised.

nice heals, nice heals, and i won't lie they would've been better with a face tank.

but now you just need to move up a notch

http://torbattles.net/boards/boards.php?server=All&aclass=Scoundrel&mirror=no&category=healing&top=10

do i need more references?

http://imgur.com/Q7XNmrg

http://imgur.com/jGUdGYC

2mill in a voidstar count? Also, doesn't overall healing speak more to the duration of a match rather than the necessary output of a player? Too meta? Too meta... :p

Also, I've gotta work with what I can get, generally 2-3 somewhat competent, sober enemy dps per night :rak_03:

http://imgur.com/Q7XNmrg

http://imgur.com/jGUdGYC

2mill in a voidstar count? Also, doesn't overall healing speak more to the duration of a match rather than the necessary output of a player? Too meta? Too meta... :p

Also, I've gotta work with what I can get, generally 2-3 somewhat competent, sober enemy dps per night :rak_03:

lol ur blaming your numbers on drunk dps imperials at night.. forreal dude?

Have you met John Smedley (SOE) ?

I have, but ALL the blame could not go to him (not to mention that SWG was bleeding subs BADLY right before NGE, so it was a very smart business move.. bad for players, but smart)

At any rate, the responses to the questions were filled with contempt and disdain for the playerbase. It was a very holier-than-thou tone, and that's not a good way to do business. Insulting your customers is ALWAYS a bad idea.. ALWAYS.

lol ur blaming your numbers on drunk dps imperials at night.. forreal dude?

I literally can only heal the damage that gets put out.... since overhealing isn't a thing.... Too meta? While I understand that you don't heal (even though your AC has a competent healing tree) and you hit some damaging buttons every once in while, I thought you would have at least grasped that base concept :(

Sidenote: Since dps generally isn't limited by the same restrictions faced by healers, any reason you aren't on the torbattles leader boards (tots the official leaderboard for all peeveepees)? The last 5 slots for Sage DPS and Sage overall damage are empty...

I literally can only heal the damage that gets put out.... since overhealing isn't a thing.... Too meta? While I understand that you don't heal (even though your AC has a competent healing tree) and you hit some damaging buttons every once in while, I thought you would have at least grasped that base concept :(

Sidenote: Since dps generally isn't limited by the same restrictions faced by healers, any reason you aren't on the torbattles leader boards (tots the official leaderboard for all peeveepees)? The last 5 slots for Sage DPS and Sage overall damage are empty...

lulz actually i enjoy healing lotta survivability(lot easier to face tank mind you)

and relax, i just haven't uploaded all 3 yet

http://imgur.com/t9ek1we,MYWLoWB,3n8mn23#2

but i will admit to not SS'ing my 1.3 mil because it was nothing to special since 3 or 4 other dps on my team also acheived similar numbers(1 being higher @ 1.4)

lulz actually i enjoy healing lotta survivability(lot easier to face tank mind you)

and relax, i just haven't uploaded all 3 yet

http://imgur.com/t9ek1we,MYWLoWB,3n8mn23#2

but i will admit to not SS'ing my 1.3 mil because it was nothing to special since 3 or 4 other dps on my team also acheived similar numbers(1 being higher @ 1.4)

Ohhhhhhhh snap, no one said you could put out a whole 1.3k dps, that's only 200 below the next highest :eek: You clearly have mastered your class ;)

Edited by Carter_Mathis

Ohhhhhhhh snap, no one said you could put out a whole 1.3k dps, that's only 200 below the next highest :eek: You clearly have mastered your class ;)

ohhhh snap no one said you could do a whole 2 mil healing, thats only 2 mil lower than the top scoundrel heals, you must know your class inside and out :p

ohhhh snap no one said you could do a whole 2 mil healing, thats only 2 mil lower than the top scoundrel heals, you must know your class inside and out :p

Oh, Anna'ka, and her 27 minute 45 second Novare Coast.... her match was just a little bit longer than my 15 minute Voidstar :rolleyes: On day you'll understand the difference between dps and overall damage..... one day....

Sidenote: http://imgur.com/HKrQgSL Don't worry, I only did that in midbies.... as Combat. I swear it doesn't take away from your record at all :D

Oh, Anna'ka, and her 27 minute 45 second Novare Coast.... her match was just a little bit longer than my 15 minute Voidstar :rolleyes: On day you'll understand the difference between dps and overall damage..... one day....

Sidenote: http://imgur.com/HKrQgSL Don't worry, I only did that in midbies.... as Combat. I swear it doesn't take away from your record at all :D

oh and if u look at SS #2 you will notice 1.4K dps, what did you say your highest was on your sage before?

but i'm sure that doesn't take away from your record either :D