Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

EricMusco

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing both Sent/Mara and Guardian/Jug and I'm happy to see Smash nerf, it's perfect :)

What's worrying me more is the Smuggler/Agent buff:

"Defense Screen has had its cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast."

It's ok, that it'll have shorter cd for shorter duration, but why give it more damage absorb? It's already high enough, and imho with shorter cd it'll be to much, hope its a typo and should be "slightly less damage" :p

I'm just afraid that DPS Smug/Agent will be almost (or probably) unkillable, especially 1v1.

I'm playing both Sent/Mara and Guardian/Jug and I'm happy to see Smash nerf, it's perfect :)

"Defense Screen has had its cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast."

It's ok, that it'll have shorter cd for shorter duration, but why give it more damage absorb? It's already high enough, and imho with shorter cd it'll be to much, hope its a typo and should be "slightly less damage" :p

I'm just afraid that DPS Smug/Agent will be almost (or probably) unkillable, especially 1v1.

Thankfully, they've shown that they're not all that interested in letting PVP concerns influence the balance of the game.

I'm very surprised - and quite concerned asw well - that [io]almost everyone[/i] in this discussion here writes about Knights / Warriors and Agents / Scoundrels ... But almost no-one writes about Sorcs / Sages !

Are those really THAT unpopular by now ? Why don't people comment in their changes ???

They'll still be squishy as f*** as Carnage/Combat Maras will root them to death and finish them off with a Blade Storm auto-crit :D

I'm very surprised - and quite concerned asw well - that [io]almost everyone[/i] in this discussion here writes about Knights / Warriors and Agents / Scoundrels ... But almost no-one writes about Sorcs / Sages !

Are those really THAT unpopular by now ? Why don't people comment in their changes ???

The changes (outside of the seer tree) are mostly about removing their RNG, which is always welcome. I'd expect most of the discussion to happen once the PTS opens up and sages get a chance to see how the specs play.

Judging from the nerf thats coming to smash and considering about 95% of the PvP population has an alt for smashing,

It's safe to say dev's are trying to get the PvP community to unsub so they can focus only on PvE like they've been doing all this time.

PvP population is near extinction as it is, nerfing smash wont make anyone resub, or make someone that has never played the game before sub to the game, at least nowhere near as the count of subs you'll lose.

Nerf smash if you must, but something of this magnitude will simply make the pvp population worse.

Edited by Oginator

These look like some nice changes for the most part, but I'll add to the 'what about Mercs' pile...

We've been asking for interrupt protection for over a year now, and while it's nice that you've gone and given it to sorcs (they needed it), I can't help but feel that combined with the defensive buff to snipers (why?) Arsenal mercs will be well on their way back to their place as the redheaded stepchild of pvp RDPS. Again.

I'm not surprised, but come on. Something for 2.7 please.

Edited by Jherad

Basically everything, just as the apologists say the same to me.

Guess it doesn't feel good, huh? :rolleyes:

apologists? that sounds familiar...

Anyway, any word at all about madness assassins? Last I checked they were considered the worst spec for assassin for pvp, is there any change on that?

Edited by Sangrar

So dies the Sentinel in PvP, last viable Spec is gone. Thx for hating Sents Bioware, may we have a free respec to Guardian?

1 or 2 nerfs to sentinels/Maras and they're already complaining. :rolleyes:

Why don't you trying playing a Commando/Merc in PvP?

While I agree the nerf might've been a little bit overdone, its nothing to whine and cry about.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

You don't understand it because you did not notice the change to K.O. It's gone from a STUN to a ROOT. In other words, you've just killed the Scoundrel class as a viable PvP DPS.

I really do not understand people that complain about Scoundrels/Ops. WE ARE BUILT TO KILL ONE PERSON ONLY. What do you people not understand!? Stop going all Solo in PvP! All you need to do it root or knockback and we're FREE KILLS.

The change to screen with do nothing to help with our already lacking defenses.