View Single Post

Phazonfreak
07.19.2019 , 12:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Fixed this is my opinion of the fix. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

I am leveling my Consular the story is meh nut I like the DPS. Enter the companion fix, I like to stand at max range as a sage, early levles 30 , later 35 meters or is it feet. I download the patch and bring my sage to Belsavis heroics, I hang back at max range activate force quake and my companion run to the enemy, I think about 15 meters/feet from the enemy. That ruins the emersion, I find I let my companion die just to teach it a lesson.

I remember 1.0 when you could toggle all your companion abilities on and off, I will not unsub but this is a complete mess. And the white knights are defending the fix. Wait a minute I got it "this is a surprise new mechanic". I would say more but I just just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,
I'm not trying to be a white knight, I genuinly don't understand the issue since I don't have any problems with them dying due to their general overpoweredness in all roles. If you talk breaking the immersion that one I could understand.

We are talking about ranged companions here and if I attack enemies as a ranged character the companion simply walks in range of the enemies so he can actually use his abilites and starts attacking and healing depending on the role. The only instance he "runs" into the enemies is if he is in tank role, but then he is supposed to draw the aggro from the enemies. Same mechanic for the melee companions, they have to run into the enemy groups in order to use their abilities.

A stay command would "fix" the issue you have with them walking in enemy range, but then the companion would just stand there doing nothing if he is in dps or tank stance.