Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

CourtneyWoods

Doesn't look terrible but doesn't blow you away either. Zones look diverse yet I was hoping for a bit more "open world" tat/hoth like feel. Granted all we've seen is a couple of clops of a town and some subterranean areas so that could be misleading. It better be. :p

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros: Beautiful scenery. Floating battleship looks new/awesome. New monsters are cool.

Negs: Looks a bit too much like Alderan with some new skins (maybe not new skins even). Culturally looks like Alderan. Negs wouldn't be too bad but this is supposed to be all new content we pay extra for. Shouldn't we see a new culture? Also not sure about "shelf-fungus" working as a realistic geology.

I agree with the pros but I don't understand the cons how does Makeb look anything like Alderaan? I've explored all of Alderaan and there was nothing in the video planetwise that made me stop and go "that looks like ___ from Alderaan". Now the headgear that some of the Republic members were wearing look similar to some I saw on Alderaan but that's it.

I've already got this preordered. It looks alright, but like others have said not mind-blowing. Maybe if we'd seen some actual game footage it might be different.

Also my server has a fine enough load, so maybe it's the server you're on if you're saying it's empty.

Is that Jace Malcom at 0:56?

Yeah it must be. Looks to similar to be anyone else, and seems appropriate. The Chancellor's Guard look pretty cool in yellow and blue too.

Makes me wonder if the next video will look at the Empire side. I have a feeling Darth Marr will be the main 'quest giver' if you like, as the counterpart to Governor Saresh.

Expansion looks good, but Bioware is still using their lousy video software and I can only watch ten seconds at a time before it buffers for 30 seconds. This has been a problem was the get go. Probably will never be addressed. Bioware has a great game but crappy video on their site.

Expansion looks good, but Bioware is still using their lousy video software and I can only watch ten seconds at a time before it buffers for 30 seconds. This has been a problem was the get go. Probably will never be addressed. Bioware has a great game but crappy video on their site.
Same here, I advise you look it up on YouTube. Just click the link above the video and it will take you right too it. That one works fine.

But yeah, this issue does need to be addressed. But I'd rather they focused more on the game.

Meh this looks "alright" i dont see any incentive to buy this even at 10 bucks. The pre order items are junk. I dont consider this an "expansion" this seems more like dlc/adventure pack then an expansion.

I hope your able to level without this b/c i cant see buyin this "content update" bieng sold as an xpac.

Same here, I advise you look it up on YouTube. Just click the link above the video and it will take you right too it. That one works fine.

But yeah, this issue does need to be addressed. But I'd rather they focused more on the game.

Wow so it's not just me? Good. Although, they could really fix it AND the game, as unless they are not like most companies, the webmaster isn't a developer... As I've said before, getting mad at different areas of a company is like yelling at the guy in the mail-room because your assistant made your latte wrong.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Wow so it's not just me? Good. Although, they could really fix it AND the game, as unless they are not like most companies, the webmaster isn't a developer... As I've said before, getting mad at different areas of a company is like yelling at the guy in the mail-room because your assistant made your latte wrong.
Yeah, I figured that would be the case... but whatever, YouTube works fine for me.

Edited by Beniboybling

That was incredibly lackluster compared to previous videos. How about investing some of those Free-to-Play profits in better expansion marketing?

Edit: I tried to give this thread 2 stars and it wouldn't let me. Well played, EA.

Edited by G-Seven

I love that we saw little parts of the story and landscape of the new content coming with the expansion but i`d love to know if they`re thinking on making the pets evolve or attack with us in battle and being able to gear them too. I`d also love to know more about the details within the expansion because telling us the cap level is 55 and brand new planet doesn`t really cut the meaning of an expansion, plus i dont know much but i hope we won`t defeat the hutt cartel in the expansion that fast cuz its an expansion, it should be super long and hard. But overall, i can`t wait to test out the story and look at the planet. XD

I guess the vid was just a little peak to wet our mouths. Been subbing since the start and always found the game rather fun and adventurous. But gripe 1). I think there should have been more too that pre-order gear. And gripe 2). When are they going to fix the random DC'ing.Everytime I switch avatars are just the rare (but not as often anymore) DC that pops out of no where. Edited by DEMarq

THIS a thousand times.

Right? lol. PvP is still much better than it was in 1.1. People complained about troopers then, now bubble stun,and smash sents,marauders and all that. it will never end. I've seen good BHs ,powertechs,snipers and ops wreck on smash specs.

I'm liking the look of the Hutt Cartel troops with their Berets. Please make it so this look can be acquired by players please.

Well apparently you can choose to ally with the Hutts and essentially flip your faction the figurative bird so you should get a beret if you scream on the holonet "*BLEEP* you! Supreme Chancellor Saresh!"

I pre-ordered......

Hopefully new content will help ease the pain of the year long bugs in the older content....

Looks decent..... few questions

New level cap of 55.... does this mean new schematics for standard crafting which is limited to mostly Lvl49 with a few Lvl50 schems??

Anything new with companions as far as affection or additional abilities with these 5 new levels?

Not impressed.

I bet it will have more cartel crap to come with it. Instead of letting subscribers earn things they want. The Cartel is RUINING this game imo. The 3 or 4 Cartel things I would ever actually want are ridiculous prices on GTN. Why cant people just BUY WHAT THEY WANT using they EARNED and PAID FOR cartel coins? Prize boxes do not interest me...EVER!! If I cant buy EXACTLY what I want, since I EARNED THE COINS, I will not do it. Ever.

More stupid pointless pets/statues that just take up inventory.

More pointless titles.

More grinding and repetition.

No furthering of companion story or marriage. NOTHING!!!

No further Legacy perks (which makes even having Legacy anymore pointless)

No fixing of bugs that have been around since day 1

No ARMOR DYE SYSTEM

Yes, I am not impressed. It will just be more grinding, less fun.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I think the Preview looks Great ! I would like to see the memory leak get fixed that is causing people to DC. I know its there I watch my memory usage climb all day long on my meter until it gets up enough to finally shutdown my game. I run 8 gigs and DC much less then the 4 gig guys I know and my Brother with 16 gigs never has issue.I also agree with the previous poster on the Cartel Packs. I wont spend my money on them as I am a sub. coming up on the one year mark. If I want something I think as a sub I should have the right to purchase it with my coins not a chance to maybe get it 1 in whatever the odds are. I want an Overlords Command Throne but refuse to pay 2 million for it or God only knows how much r/l money for the off chance of getting one. As a sub I think we should get Cartel Item Purchase privileges and I think that perk would bolster subscriptions.

maybe this is not the place to ask this question however the answer is not found anywhere else!

If the person does not buy or do not pre order the Rise of the Hutt Cartel he'll be able to play and get the level 55 or even for someone who is free to play will be able to get the lvl 55 among other bonus that is bringing Expansion ?

Dude. Based on all we have seen, the sole reason for lvl cap increase to exist is to force everybody who wants to stay involved with end game buy the expansion, no matter how thin in content it is.

Like three months to release and we still haven't seen an official confirmation of one one single flashpoint or op. Most artifical lvl cap increase ever.

Edited by Stradlin

I will have to agree that the expansion is simply another "zone" you pay for. Someone has to pay for those voice overs.....

I also agree with the statements about cartel packs.....etc. etc. Looks to me like what most games have done which is the XBOX style of "pay to win" ...expansions, gear, perks...all that you pay out of pocket for. It reminds me of MMO I played for 10yrs...when they went FTP and expansions you pay for etc.... they went offline within 2yrs.

Some people are so easily pleased.

Lot's of "It looks awesome" on here. What looks awesome? They barely showed anything.

BioWare still hasn't said anything other then constantly repeat the name of the planet and the word Hutt.

Edited by RikHar