Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

So far I've been very satisfied with the Flashpoint (dungeons), and I really like that Bioware has actually made them difficult, instead of the loot-fest it has been in several other MMO's.

I just needed to get this confirmed by some other players: Am I right in thinking that the Imperial Boarding Party (Republic Boarding Party if you're with the Empire I presume) is VERY hard, comparing to everything else, since they gave all 4 mini-bosses in the party the Boss Immunity spell? I'm having a very hard time seeing how that fight is do-able without any Crowd Control (CC) spells or kiting the 2 ranged units around the nearby containers. It was do-able in the beta, due to the fact that you could CC 1-2-3 of of them, and take them out one by one.

To furthermore substantiate my doubts, it would be really odd if you made a boss-fight as long as this, and make every party member improve when either one of them dies. I really don't think it's possible to outheal this fight without somehow ruining the fight (by kiting) as the combined force of the 4 party members can take down your tank within mere 5 seconds. My group would surely not have succeeded if the fight hadn't bugged (we killed the warrior, whereafter the tank died because I couldn't heal him in time due to him kiting the agent and the BH around, we managed to kill the inquisitor, and then kite around the agent and BH (which is very frustrating to heal, when your party members oLoS you all the time), and then one dps died, having only me and the other dps left, we managed to kill the BH and when we respawned, the agent was still the only one left (the others hadn't respawned), we killed him, and moved on, but received no loot (well it bugged)).

Surprisingly the last boss of the instance was near 20 times easier than the second fight (that being the hardest fight I've ever been in in any instance, in any MMO, and that says alot) So I would be quite surprised to hear that it's not by some mistake that it's impossible to use CC spells on them, looking at the fact that all 4 of them has 20k hp, and half as much dmg as a single regular boss EACH.

Am I totally wrong here?.

Jannik

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it is some-what difficult, but I have almost no problem with the boss fights as a Bodyguard Merc BH. I actually have more of a challenge with the trash in the first part of the dungeon with the dogs. Maybe you should try getting a few more levels or switching around the classes in your group.

Eh we've been 3 manning it with a PT tank, Sorc DPS, Op heals and Mako.

Each time it can be a little close, but not terrible, and we are all 24-26. Typically, because we have Mako and Op heals, we just ignore the Knight and let him bounce around. PT and Sorc spam aoe to wreck them all, focusing mostly on the Trooper and Smuggler to start actually, then switching to Consular and finally Knight.

That said, the damage we are throwing around with a PT tank and Sorc AOE's usually ends up killing them around the same time. If you have the healing to do it that way, its probably the easiest.

It was extremely difficult for my guild group, might have been easier if we had known that they gain each other's abilities ahead of time.

We had a SW tank, Mercenary healer, Sniper and Sorcerer DPS. As the Sorcerer, I was constantly throwing out heals, as the damage was just too high and random for the mercenary to handle alone.

It might be a bit over-tuned, but it was definitely the most fun fight I've seen yet.

The group I did it with (playing a Shadow tank; rest of the party was a DPS commando and two scoundrels, both specced for healing I think but one playing the main healer role and the other spot healing and DPSing) one-shot that fight but it was probably the most difficult fight I've seen so far in a flashpoint (up to lvl 34). Mostly from a tanking perspective it was difficult to control all 4 at once and I was caught between two minds - control the other 3 while they burn down the first, or what? Basically we just focused fire one by one, let them strengthen as each one died, and the healers did a stellar job keeping me up. Kill order might be important (I've only run it once) - I think we went Inquisitor Agent Warrior Bounty Hunter. We worked under the assumption that either the inquis or agent were the healers of the group, the warrior we knew was DPS, leaving the BH as the probable "tank" of the 4 mobs. But we just made that decision in 10 seconds and got on with the fight. Maybe we just got lucky - it was a close run thing. Edited by minervasunrider

yeah its hard but i found if you make sure everyone has medpacks, and you FF one down at a time the enrage isnt that much of an issue if you do it right, i find killing the jedi gaurdin then the commando takes a lot of dmg out of your group though by that time your alll low on CDs but the other jedi just falls over dead and the smuggler has a 400 point bomb at that point so its easily managable at that point

I assume this fight if identical to the republic version, where we have to face a Marauder, bounty hunter, agent, sorceror. Did it on the stress-test weekend, it was very hard then. Completely facerolled it this time around. Healed it as a commando, had a DPS specced guardian tank, a gunslinger, and a sentinel. Didn't even come close to losing anyone.

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Well, I'm a fully specced Commando healer, and although healing in the game is rather hard, I haven't had any problem with anything else than this.

Our tank wasn't a specced tanker, and our DPS might've been total ****, I have no idea since I was healing the whole time. It might not be as difficult if you have a whole group of coordinated people, and I'm not saying that it's totally impossible to beat the boarding party, I'm just comparing them to the difficulty comparing to the two other bosses in the Flashpoint. They are both atleast 10 times easier than the boarding party.

I am playing a Tank specced Vanguard (about 5,8k life buffed and 3k armor, working on more defense).

A friend plays heal specced scoundrel. We didnt had any trouble till we meet this nightmare.. we tryed:

Inq. Sith IA and BH -- fail dots crushed us healer went out of action ( stims used )

Inq IA... didnt get further.. either the BH or the knight kicked our *** as they enraged

IA Inq.. same

I keeped there damage low using shields and smokebomb but at certain points they just did more as my friend could heal. Our DPS where 1 lvl27 Shadow and 1 23 ( he did very well, needs to be said )guardian damage speced. I am lvl 25 my healing mate 26.

I like when Instances/Flashpoints are tricky, but this is just insane.. we keeped dieng using every trick avaible.. guess its been try 6 and just the IA and the bh respawned. We kicked them and moved on.. tbh this cant be the way to win this ini.. to hope that they wont respawn.

That fight is all about tactics as I see it after doing it. Did it with guild mates last night 28 Sentinel dps, 24 shadow dps and 24 sage healer with Qyzen tanking(consular companion)

Took us 3 tries to do it.. First the see whats going on.. On second try got all but sorc down, that was when I noticed they get more powerful when 1 dies and sorc kinda killed everything.. After that it bugged and others didn't respawn. Looking at that fight now, as said earlier best tactics would drop them all to like 5% and burn them down.. Or focus them down one by one if your healer can keep up. As healer perpective its really easy to heal if you are not taking damage from BH/IA

In the end its been the hardest fight so far.. tho we are doing them 3man with companion dps/tank

Edited by Aseria

It's kind of odd, because the other 2 fights in the instance are extremely simple. The boarding party fight requires a lot more coordination and effort, and it took 3 tries for my group to work out our strategy.

We wound up burning down the trooper first, his knockback was causing our assassin tank to lose aggro on the others, but made sure to weaken the other 3 as much as possible. Then, we held them at 3 for a while, weakening them steadily. Our sniper accidentally killed the consular when the others were still at 25%, and they killed me (I was OTing as a pure DPS marauder), but the party tanked/kited the other two around until both were at 5%. They killed the smuggler, and then the knight nearly tore the 3 remaining party members apart in her last 5%, but we got her just before she reached our healer.

First time there at 22 we died horribly. At 24 it was a lot easier.

We had a BH healer, Sith Marader, myself Sith Sorc and my companion tanking.

The fight was fairly long but not too bad. We kill the Jedi Warrior first because he liked to jump around and interrupt healer. Then the Sage, Smuggler and Trooper togeter(get both low then kill). At times I had to assist with heals but not too often.

The first kill we made the mistake of leaving the Trooper up at full last. He does massive damage at this point. Companion tank died and the BH had aggro. He basically kited the rest of the fight. I healed and the Marader dosed him down. But after that we had it down.

Our solution was to focus fire on all one at a time and leave the tank for last, so we went IA - BH - SI - SW.

That mitigated the rage for the most part.

Sadly, the gear never opened from the chest and we got nothing for it. We also died 4 times learning the mechanics of that one. It was good, but for a non endgame boss to have that many mechanics and style, that wasn't the best idea. Final boss was a lot easier.

Lack of story too... a lot of potential for that one. Sigh.

Two of us died with the warrior at the end sadly as he had this wicked choke he decided to keep using on the remaining DPS.

--- Trooper healer

--- Trooper vanguard off-tank.

--- Jedi guardian dps off-tank (me)

--- Jedi sentinel dps.

No kiting or whatever that means, but I maintained taunt of the focused one.

Edited by Delsana

Two things:

Get your tank up on the platform with them with his back against the wall with the chest. If he gets knocked back it won't be far and the healer won't lose LoS on him at a crucial moment. In fact if your team can handle it, get them all up there. Since your tank should have a Guard skill on your healer they need to be close for it to work.

We've successfully done this encounter using the following take down order:

Warrior

Inquisitor

BH

Operative (Sniper? Not sure)

By the time you burn down the other three the Agent isn't as much as a threat.

This was a great instance. Took us a couple of tries before determining the correct take out order. Just keep at it. Very satisfying once you've done it.

Edit: I should also add that we were 26-27 level when we did this. Will be more difficult at lower levels.

Edited by RascaJuono

My guild killed them my getting all of them to about 5%, then just burning them all. This way you don't have to worry about the enrage mechanic after one dies.

This is all you have to do. The fight is very easy when all 4 are up, they each do little damage initially. Get them all down to low health without actually killing any single one first, and then burn them each down the last little bit. It's the buffed one at the end that causes trouble and can pretty much one shot people... so have each one at low health before you start actually killing any of them.

Edited by lueckjathom

We 1shot this encounter by bringing all to low and killing everyone at once. The healer (sorcerer) did run out of force few seconds before the end and i died (tank) same time as the last boss died.

Overall the flashpoint was fairly challenging and certainly a step up from the previous ones, looking forward to seeing the next ones.

Well its not that hard, seriously l2p.

Me and my brother twomanned this at level 24. He was a DPS Jugg and im an Arsenal Merc.

We had Mako and Quinn or whatever his name is.

First try we wiped, we didnt know nothing about the encounter.

The second time we took them down one by one with me offhealing. It was tough but not impossible.

We wiped trying different things. We burned them down 1 at a time. Was me solo healing on my operative, a Jugg, a Sorc and a Sniper. Went Smuggler, Jumping Jackhole Jedi with 2 lightsabers, Consular, Trooper. We tried the did the consular last once when the trooper was killed by accident....he throws out a nasty aoe on a quick cast that basically decimated us, so I do not recommend trying that.

So far that has been the most fun instance I have been through. I hope the difficulty continues to go up.

Beat this on our first try, kiting on the ramp behind their spawn.

team was - 24 sith sorc (me healing spec), 25 BH tank, 25 Sniper dps, and 28 sith sorc (dps, heal backup)

Double healing really helped here, in some cases triple healing to deal with adds training non-tank healers - also blew a lot of cds - i think 2 ppl ended up using health stims.

Focus fire while kiting, fight just got progressively easier after each kill, then cake walk after the 3rd kill.

Sadly(or maybe conveniently), we had the opposite luck, wiping on the last boss, as we didn't know we should have focus fired the turrets (easy on second try)

Edited by nicosharp

Two things:

Get your tank up on the platform with them with his back against the wall with the chest. If he gets knocked back it won't be far and the healer won't lose LoS on him at a crucial moment. In fact if your team can handle it, get them all up there. Since your tank should have a Guard skill on your healer they need to be close for it to work.

We've successfully done this encounter using the following take down order:

Warrior

Inquisitor

BH

Operative (Sniper? Not sure)

By the time you burn down the other three the Agent isn't as much as a threat.

This was a great instance. Took us a couple of tries before determining the correct take out order. Just keep at it. Very satisfying once you've done it.

Edit: I should also add that we were 26-27 level when we did this. Will be more difficult at lower levels.

This. First time I did it we tried killing the Inquisitor first thinking he would probably be healing or something but the warrior was running all over knocking people back and stuff. I think we ended up killing one but wiped shortly after that.

Second attempt killed the warrior first and the rest was easy.

I have no idea why people find this fight difficult. I did this on-level my first time and had no problem whatsoever with incoming damage (I'm a Shadow tank). I tanked them all and we burned down the Sith first and then whichever ranged we felt like. I was very high health the entire time.

I don't know what to say.

Not sure what is difficult about this fight, Vanguard tank, Commando healer, Jedi Sentinel and a companion... we just killed them, sith warrior first, then inquisitor, then it doesn't matter, this fight is not hard. I've even two manned it at 23 with a Vanguard tank and a Commando healer, again, same kill order as above, Jorgen companion and one of us forgot to summon our companion, the fight is cake Edited by Zolaf