Damage reduction from falls

GlockSMG

I know there may not be a force jump added into the game due to leaps for sith warriors and jedi knights, however, I was wondering since we are jedi/siths and we have the force if there is a way to not die from a fall not that high. I know in other games and movies when you fall as a jedi or sith you take no damage or little damage depending on what rank force jump you are. I am getting annoyed that when I fall down I die too often. I think the damage should be reduced from falls especially if your a jedi or sith even if we don't have force jump. Jedi and sith's can use the "force" to stabilize themselves from taking a lot of damage from falls. Just a suggestion.

And once again the "I R jeedai, treat me speshul" crowd wants preferential treatment. No, you do not deserve a get out of dying free card. Don't jump/fall/get pushed off tall stuff and you won't die, how's that for a special feature just for you?

BH's have jet packs. I suppose, by using your logic, that they should not get any fall damage at all ever. In fact, with a jet pack it should be physically impossible for a BH to fall to their death, so when they go over a ledge they should just jet back up and safely land on top again and make a /rude emote... amiright?

Edited by bahdasz

Gonna take a wild guess here and say this -

Don't jump around like an idiot and you won't fall as much if ever.

Environmental and situational awareness is as much a part of the game as weapons.

I can count on one hand the number of times I fell to my death. ONCE. From going off the end an elevator that was a bit shorter than I thought. It was funny doing a faceplant.

If what you are asking for was implemented then the soa fight would be a joke. Also it would take out yet another aspect of the game that makes you have to be aware of what you are doing. If this game was made so that the class you play is as realistic as possible then jedis should rarely take blaster damage, you could disarm enemies, throw them around, jump to the highest platform, a bh would be able to fly, etc. Let alone you would die instantly from like every boss fight. The terror from beyond should technically just smash everything in sight and thats the end. Its an aspect of the game, deal with it.

Force slow fall, jet packs, grappling hooks, etc should all be viable means to prevent dieing when falling from heights in my opinion...assuming you can activate them in time before you go splat.

Nah, I like it how it is. If you jump off a skyscraper you deserve bad things to happen to you.

Even us force users have a hard time catching ourselves with the Force.

It's not that easy. Trust me

Catching, well yeah you are kinda wrong here, Luke caught himself and Isolder (the Hapan Prince) while falling out of a burning ship that was crash landing on Dathomir in the Courtship of Princess Leia.

Not that I disagree with your point of view, just that the argument you bring up doesn't work really.

Also

there are 2 times in the game where a character just about flies while shooting Force Lightning at the ground, same character both times, and the coward does it running away from the player.