PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

Slashd

Relics, Stims, Recklessness are all your biggest friend. TBH, 1-49 Sorc was a lot of fun. 50 sorc is going to suck until you are at a minimum champ geared out w/500+ Exp.

If a sorc has all 3 of the above available you will notice you can shred apart a lot of people. If not, assist others and play to your strength.

I think a lot of people think the sorc is OP at times because of using CD buffs and stims. The general DPS from a sorc is sustained dps or aoe. So again a balanced class, you get a little bit of everything. It can be frustrating cause some noob can spam a button over and over and hit you for 4-5k without stims, etc.

Also the stun problem is a whole other beast, chain stunning is rampant and super annoying.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trololol.. 30min ago, ASSASSIN shooted force lightning to me and did 1,4k tics, *** with that? i do with relic + rakata buffs on max around 1,25k tics ( or no pvp gear ppl 1,3k+ ). have seen sins do allso with other cast spells really high dmg:s.. how the f*ck do melee class make same or more dmg with casting skills than pure caster class?

and i got full champion + buyble bm:s, 600+ exp, 39/48 surge in all. so no, its not my gear.

Against sins who use that hybrid casting build and have even little brains, sorc dont have any change against em, they put glowing condom on, come hump leg and do 10k dmg in time glowing condom lasts, after that try run away or what every sorc wants = sorc is dead next another 5sec.

And yes, we have massive 5sec and 10sec cc.. theyr not enough for running away or healing enough to survive.

even melee enemies who have 10-30% hp, beats sorcs without any problem if they dont have any skills on cd and can think even little, and thats just sad, sorcs healt is so weak, takes dmg like hell and cant do any kinda burst, what every other class can do and kill sorc in 4-10 sec.

Constant stable ranged dmg isnt enough on sorc, have seen every class do 400+ dmg in wz:s, so all classes can do 400+ dmg, all classes than sorc can do burst.

And ppl really call sorc to ower powered..

In the 0/13/28 spec, I was wondering how you guys felt about the oppressing force talent in pvp.

People seem to spec it most of the time, but 10 seconds doesn't seem like a lot to me, and using those two talents on reserves or parasitism seems like it would be more useful.

What do you guys think?

When you say 'use your mouse to move' - what exactly do you mean?

Right now, I have W for forward movement. I do NOT have a backwards key - or turn left/right. I use the mouse for this.

I do have 'A' and 'D' for strafe.

I have no idea how to actually move - forward - with my mouse. If there's something I'm missing here, please edumacate me :D

Not a clicker. Ok maybe 2 or 3 skills I rarely use, I have about 20-22 keybinds, about as many as I can process (in a timely manner).

Edited by islander

When you say 'use your mouse to move' - what exactly do you mean?

Right now, I have W for forward movement. I do NOT have a backwards key - or turn left/right. I use the mouse for this.

I do have 'A' and 'D' for strafe.

I have no idea how to actually move - forward - with my mouse. If there's something I'm missing here, please edumacate me :D

Not a clicker. Ok maybe 2 or 3 skills I rarely use, I have about 20-22 keybinds, about as many as I can process (in a timely manner).

Hold both mouse buttons down to move forward.

I bind W and R to Left/Right strafe respectively, as this moves your fingers over one set of keys (thereby giving greater keyboard access).

Hold both mouse buttons down to move forward.

I bind W and R to Left/Right strafe respectively, as this moves your fingers over one set of keys (thereby giving greater keyboard access).

oh! I had never heard that before. I'll need to work on that.

Thanks!

Can you give a basic rotation for the Hybrid build just something to use as a guide?

Thanks

afflic (to proc lightning barrage) > death field > shock > Force Lightning > when wrath is up crushing darkness for 1 target or chain lightning for 2+ targets.

other tips:

* your highest dps is crushing darkness (recklessness)

* maximize you global cool down always

* always cancel your force lightning channel when your DF, shock or CL cd is up

Above post is pretty bad... here's what I do.

AF (keep up, on multiple targets if possible)

FL

(wrath)

DF

CD

FL

(wrath)

CL

Shock when moving if CD/CL are on cooldown/not wrath'd, never shock in normal rotation, or lightning strike. Ever. Never full cast CD/CL.

Always use full FL channels for recklessness, maybe CL+DF if you've got 2+ targets. Only break FL channel when wrath procs if DF and CD are up.

As 13/28 you can't spam CL all day, so sometimes just keep spamming FL until DF/CD are off cooldown.

Also, your #1 priority is always a barrage proc'd FL half cast. Assuming you didn't get a barrage proc, the rotation above is win.

Note this is basically a PVE post but the only change I'd make for PVP is that I use recklessness for the DF+CL+FL combo mostly instead of for only FL channels. (stalker set ftw).

Edited by Seanimus

I gotta say ive been using the Hybrid setup from the OP on my main Sorc and its so amazing. Ofcourse i changed a few poits around for personal reasons but the basis is the same and even though im so far only lvl38 im almost always top 3 in a WZ with an average 35kills and 5-7 medals

Above post is pretty bad... here's what I do.

AF (keep up, on multiple targets if possible)

FL

(wrath)

DF

CD

FL

(wrath)

CL

Shock when moving if CD/CL are on cooldown/not wrath'd, never shock in normal rotation, or lightning strike. Ever. Never full cast CD/CL.

Always use full FL channels for recklessness, maybe CL+DF if you've got 2+ targets. Only break FL channel when wrath procs if DF and CD are up.

As 13/28 you can't spam CL all day, so sometimes just keep spamming FL until DF/CD are off cooldown.

Also, your #1 priority is always a barrage proc'd FL half cast. Assuming you didn't get a barrage proc, the rotation above is win.

Note this is basically a PVE post but the only change I'd make for PVP is that I use recklessness for the DF+CL+FL combo mostly instead of for only FL channels. (stalker set ftw).

yeah this is what noobs sorcs do. they just FL and wait for wrath procs so they can CL. and they have no idea that shock dmg = CL dmg single target which is better than channeling FL

Just having some issues with my sorcerer.

Fresh 50 and pretty much ignored PvP until around 40, where I dabbled with it a bit, enough to get my 40 PvP robe and skirt which I've modded up to current 48-50 mods/enhancements/etc.

I guess my questions are what keybinds are needed for a Corruption focused Sorcerer in PvP? I'm willing to learn anything. I just want to feel like I'm contributing to the team and not just another meat shield.

Also, would like to see a beginning gear list for PvP, if there is such a thing. What sets should I be saving for?

yeah this is what noobs sorcs do. they just FL and wait for wrath procs so they can CL. and they have no idea that shock dmg = CL dmg single target which is better than channeling FL

Are you saying that versus a single target Shock is better than Force Lightning? That doesn't sound right.

Besides, I thought Crushing Darkness (with wrath proc'd) was better than Chain Lightning or Shock for single target damage?

Are you saying that versus a single target Shock is better than Force Lightning? That doesn't sound right.

Besides, I thought Crushing Darkness (with wrath proc'd) was better than Chain Lightning or Shock for single target damage?

i mean you would have better dps output while casting FL and CS on cool down rather than FL alone

You always cast your FL when you can. And juggle between death field, crushing darkness, chain lightning, chain shock, afflic. Be watchful with your cool downs. You FL all the way but when these cool downs are up you have to unload them.

Edited by Darkzided

i mean you would have better dps output while casting FL and CS on cool down rather than FL alone

You always cast your FL when you can. And juggle between death field, crushing darkness, chain lightning, chain shock, afflic. Be watchful with your cool downs. You FL all the way but when these cool downs are up you have to unload them.

Wrath seems to proc enough, it's usually up enough for me to unload instant CD/CL's whenever I need. I only ever use Shock as a finisher in PVP and I tend to use DF before I use CD and Affli

My rotation is FL spam(Wrath Proc)>DF>CD>Affli>FL spam(Wrath proc)>CL and then do that over and over, the CD's tend to line up perfectly and wrath procs aren't really wasted at all.

EDIT: Just saying, the Death Mark proc makes it so that CD and Affli hit 20% harder, so using Death Field before either of those skills makes the most sense to me.

Edited by jitsuo

Going from jedi sentinel to sith sorc was like going from a low paying job working my butt off to a high paying job where I dk nothing but flirt with secretary all day, loving my sorc

wierd, because maraduers and sentinels are arguably the most powerful class in the game, i gues u just didnt know how to play it

There are some medals you can trip and fall into..

75k dmg

75k healing

2.5k single heal

killing Blow

Solo Kill

1k Defender (depending on map)

3k Defender (depending on map)

300k dmg (after low 30s and depending on map)

2.5k hit (high 30s to low 40s DON'T forget Self BUFF + Adrenal + Relic + Expertise buff)

In a good stalemate Zergstar all of the above are fairly easy to obtain.. The 300k healing one is hard to get unless you focus solely on healing the entire game..

• 10 months later...