Please add a looking for group function

The title says it all, please add a looking for group function like World of Warcraft. WoW did it right and it only took a few minutes to find a group which made grouping very fun and quick. Right now I spend a solid 30 minutes just wandering in a town looking for someone to help, the constant whispering is also very daunting. The current system (without the LFG function) has actually pushed me away from doing group quests because whats the point of wasting 30 minutes just to get a terrible group together? Please add an LFG function for the of God, i mean, the force!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one. Just not many people use it for whatever reason.

No, there isn't. There is a gimmick one that doesn't do what a LFG tool should do.

If you enjoy PVP you click 2 buttons and the server takes over. Once there is enough people for a match, you are ported to the "PVP instance", play your game and, upon finish, are ported back to wherever you were. Simple, effective and easy.

People who enjoy PVE should have the same system available and not have to go thru loops and hassles to put a group together, walk until the instance, play the game, and walk back to where he/she were. That doesn't add to the game, on the contrary, it diminishes it.

The game needs a cross-server LFG tool sooner rather than later.

I actually think if SWTOR had a more viable LFG tool, the large amount of Heroic area / FP / H FP content that is just skipped / ignored would see remarkable increase of usage.

As of right now, finding a PUG to do anything on the republic side of the pvp server I'm on is disheartening to say the least.

There is some really great game content already designed and implemented that just is I strongly suspect is being remarkably underused.

Groups activity is usually a core to MMOs. I don't understand why SWTOR didn't implement a better feature to facility.

Something as simple as autojoing a channel LFG when you flag yourself that would be server wide would be a HUGE step forward.

hint hint.

/cjoin LFG already works.

make /cjoin LFG automatic if you flag yourself BW/EA.

Come up with something grander later and more encompassing later.

Give us at least basic functionality NOW.

There is one. Just not many people use it for whatever reason.

You mean that horrible social interface that doesn't give you a list of everyone on every planet that's LFG, without you performing multiple searches (Or hoping to get lucky with the simple "LFG" search parameter) and even those it does show it only shows 12 characters of the LFG comment.

I do wonder why no one uses it... :p

As for the topic in question.

Before this becomes some sort of flame-fest, as people all seem to hate it when any form of LFD tool is mentioned, they need to think of it this way: Just because we want a LFD tool doesn't mean it has to be like WoW's. It doesn't need to be X-Realm capable nor should it allow you to instantly portal from wherever you are right into the FP. It doesn't even need to automatically make a group.

All it should be is a tool to let you select what FP's you're looking for, set your role and then see who else is also LFG.

It needs to be cross-realm, otherwise you penalize people that aren't playing during the server peak time, or that plays on low-pop server. It bring community together, not apart. Promotes group content to be done.

Jerks will always exist. With a functional LFG system you simply kick the jerk off the group, or remove yourself from it and queue again. It's makes dealing with idiots so much simpler.

There is a vocal group of LFG haters that keeps the myth of servers communities alive. The argument is absurd and based out of thin air. There is only one community, the SWTOR one. A cross-server LFG will only help to bring that community together.

Before this becomes some sort of flame-fest, as people all seem to hate it when any form of LFD tool is mentioned, they need to think of it this way: Just because we want a LFD tool doesn't mean it has to be like WoW's. It doesn't need to be X-Realm capable nor should it allow you to instantly portal from wherever you are right into the FP. It doesn't even need to automatically make a group.

All it should be is a tool to let you select what FP's you're looking for, set your role and then see who else is also LFG.

I completely agree. The LFG system thats already in the game needs to be elaborated on, which Bioware said they were going to look at the longer this game is out. I personally would like to be able to list myself as a tank for so and so flashpoint instead of spamming every 20 seconds. An automated finder would not really help because you really dont need to worry about phasing to the instance since all the flashpoints except for Battle for Ilum and False Emperor are in the fleet and take 15 secs to get to. As for the WoW automated finder it has its purpose but that doesnt mean it needs to be in every MMO. Yes it does help for convince because all of WoW's instances are spread out all over its world, and some take 20 mins to get to, so that system works for them. Finally, the game is in its first month of launch, you cant expect a new game to have everything right from the get go.

I don't want to be hyperbolic, but I feel that this will end the long term chances for TOR if they don't bring these grouping systems to the game. Finding a guild, committing to a large group of people, and use the /who function does not suffice. MMO's and just plain TECHNOLOGY have come so far since the days of /who.

Why tools like Dungeon Finder, guild finders, and other in-game systems that contribute to ease of grouping aren't standard in release MMO's baffles me. These systems are key to maintaining a large player base at level cap, since it drastically reduces the investment required to participate in grouping content.

Z to the opps.

I don't want to be hyperbolic, but I feel that this will end the long term chances for TOR if they don't bring these grouping systems to the game. Finding a guild, committing to a large group of people, and use the /who function does not suffice. MMO's and just plain TECHNOLOGY have come so far since the days of /who.

Why tools like Dungeon Finder, guild finders, and other in-game systems that contribute to ease of grouping aren't standard in release MMO's baffles me. These systems are key to maintaining a large player base at level cap, since it drastically reduces the investment required to participate in grouping content.

All I have to say is...WoW has lasted 7 years and is the largest subscribing MMO in the world, and the automated LFG finders have only been added over the course of 2 years, starting with the last content patch of WotLK. The LFG system originally in WoW was infact gen/trade chat, and the LFG panel where you listed your name and your roll. It is not essential for these systems to be in the game at launch in order for it to succeed.

Z to the opps.

Agree 100%

All I have to say is...WoW has lasted 7 years and is the largest subscribing MMO in the world, and the automated LFG finders have only been added over the course of 2 years, starting with the last content patch of WotLK. The LFG system originally in WoW was infact gen/trade chat, and the LFG panel where you listed your name and your roll. It is not essential for these systems to be in the game at launch in order for it to succeed.

That is true, but it's not 2009 anymore. That was kind of the norm back then. Now with these features existing in so many other games and players who value their time more, why are these things not standard? New games should take the current standard and expand on it, especially with the budget BIO had for this game. Instead they give us systems that are 2-3 years old? That makes no sense to me.

Yes but SWTOR is not at the stage in its life to need automated systems. All the flashpoints are in one area, and the fleet is the hang out for everyone when they are not questing or doing anything. If you're trying to do a flashpoint while being a low level and cant find anyone, that happens. I go through it all the time on my alts. If I dont get anyone I simply move on and try again later, or not at all. It's not going to hinder my leveling experience if I do it or not. And even with the endgame content we are not that far in to need to worry about rushing to catch up to the current raid standards. Yes I know not finding a group is annoying, a better LFG option does need to be added, but not as far as being automated.

Grouping in this game is the absolute worst feature. I'll sit marked for LFG for hours. I'll respond to people looking for groups and end up sitting with one other person for 30 - 45 minutes before just giving up. This game is absolutely busted when it comes to grouping with is a tradgedy because grouping in this game is incredibly fun.

They need a fix to LFG immediately. I've pretty much all ready canceling subscription just due to my frustration in finding groups. The frustration comes from actually putting effort into finding groups and time and time again getting nothing done. I'm not going to waste my time in this game if I can't do what I enjoy the most which is group with others, run instances, and enjoy the content this game has to offer.

I don't care what the solution is, LFG Tool, Global channels, some new novel invention - it just has to happen or this game will never reach its potential.

I'm sad that games are still not including the basics that so many MMOs have overcome these past 5 - 10 years. New games should learn from what has happened in other MMOs and improve upon it. Ignoring grouping issues all together will cause this game to lose a lot of attention from many different levels of players.

Lets hope I find a guild and solve a lot of my problems, but even guilds need random pugs sometimes.

Sorry for rant.

You mean that horrible social interface that doesn't give you a list of everyone on every planet that's LFG, without you performing multiple searches (Or hoping to get lucky with the simple "LFG" search parameter) and even those it does show it only shows 12 characters of the LFG comment.

I do wonder why no one uses it... :p

As for the topic in question.

This would only work with a large enough player base on a single server, compared to a X-realm que system that makes PvE grouping as easy as possible....i want the Flashpoint to be challenging..not finding a group

Edited by drotic

lfg should not Teleport you to fp and should not be cross server.

Go troll somewhere else. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Yes but SWTOR is not at the stage in its life to need automated systems. All the flashpoints are in one area, and the fleet is the hang out for everyone when they are not questing or doing anything. If you're trying to do a flashpoint while being a low level and cant find anyone, that happens. I go through it all the time on my alts. If I dont get anyone I simply move on and try again later, or not at all. It's not going to hinder my leveling experience if I do it or not. And even with the endgame content we are not that far in to need to worry about rushing to catch up to the current raid standards. Yes I know not finding a group is annoying, a better LFG option does need to be added, but not as far as being automated.

Read what you just wrote. You are saying it's ok to spend your online time trying to do things in a group and, if you can't make, "that happens". If you play off peak hours, "that happens". If you play on low pop server, "that happens". Really? Are you that conformist?

When is the correct time? Whenever people are so bored of trying to do things and not being able to that they decided to leave?

lfg should not Teleport you to fp and should not be cross server.

The teleport thing is not so bad since the portals are all right next to each other(pretty much). I agree 100% on the no cross realm though

Edited by Derper

It needs a lfg system badly! NO the current system can not even be considered a lfg system!

It also needs to be cross server with a OPTIONAL single server check box. Let the players choose if they want single or cross server! I can assure the majority of the players will pick cross server option!

The teleport thing is not so bad since the portals are all right next to each other(pretty much). I agree 100% on the no cross realm though

Well, it is, because you have to wait for the group while you do nothing. You can't go do your dailies (or you can, if you don't care about making people wait you to come back, or you won't care about how much it takes to get back to where you were).

Teleport is essential part of LFG. Imagine if you wanted to PVP and had to walk into the PVP instance and wait for both teams to have enough members to play a game. How many matches do you think you would be able to play?

The title says it all, please add a looking for group function like World of Warcraft. WoW did it right and it only took a few minutes to find a group which made grouping very fun and quick. Right now I spend a solid 30 minutes just wandering in a town looking for someone to help, the constant whispering is also very daunting. The current system (without the LFG function) has actually pushed me away from doing group quests because whats the point of wasting 30 minutes just to get a terrible group together? Please add an LFG function for the of God, i mean, the force!

It pushed you away cos youre anti social in need of instant gratification...

I have 25 friends asking me for groups everyday when i get online at peak hours.

It sucks to be crap at communication!

As long as we get an instance type of portal like there is on ship barely anyone will complain except the instant gratification required kiddos.

Lol, reah, right, make it so no one can go into a Warzone without a whole group and that they have to actually fly to a portal. That would actually be the end of PVP in the game.

It isnt about instant gratification, its about getting rid of the stupid stone age SPAMMING (which, as its name says, its ANNOYING) system.