What's the deal with Section X dailies?

Lium

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one quest on the empire side with the marksmen is just terrible to get drops but other than that the design is ok.

for a fresh or new 50 the zone is very demanding to solo. but getting the recruit pvp gear on you and your companion is now a must have in there. grouping up is a better option.

personally i dont mind the challenge but for a place to get easy fast credits it is not. i dont need the daily coms. once a week per toon for the bh weekly is enough for me. there are other places i can go for the same credits and less time solo. but in a guild group or any group it is a good change of pace and fun.

a group area it is and is nice to have one which can be soloed too if over geared.

No. not 3 min, at least 7. I am having difficulty making a team of 30 it seems, please tell us how you do it. You cannot dictate peoples teaming preferences. Not gonna happen. This is the same problem they are finally fixing in BH. I guess we will have to wait till 1.7 or 1.9 for them to pull their heads out of their asses so they will fix this.

It's funny you mention the bh 'problem' yeah that isn't as bad as people make out either. People just seem to want to be spoon-fed.

The method I use to go through is start at the open where 3 of the mob spawn. I almost always wait here for the first mob to spawn (never waited longer than 3 minutes), if others walk out I throw out an invite if I'm not in lfg tool. As soon at this group spawns I aoe, I usually get 2 items from this. I think once I only got 1, never gotten 0 from this group. After that I run through the area checking ever known spawn, I usually can find at least 1 other on that initial run through, a few times it's taken more than that.

They only spawn in 3 or 4 spots and as far as I know only 1 spot has multiple. It's just a matter of learning where there spots are and going right to them.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Strange .. I don't have any issue do section x on my sage (include the area h2 one.) and I only have crafted/daily commendation artifice gear. (I don't raid in op and I don't run flashpoint.) I solo the almost every part of hk-51 quest line. (expect the last one.) Edited by hchsiao

A buddy and I ran these new dailies yesterday and never again what a pain in the A for the little you get. I had heard they sucked form another thread on here so I would not go solo and yea it lived up to the hype, waste of time for what you get.

What a bunch of wuss, I do them in about 1h-1h30 and get 24 daily commendations for it. It's soooooo freakin' easy. I mean the black hole area is just a freakin' joke now.

Strange .. I don't have any issue do section x on my sage (include the area h2 one.) and I only have crafted/daily commendation artifice gear. (I don't raid in op and I don't run flashpoint.) I solo the almost every part of hk-51 quest line. (expect the last one.)

Congratulations man, you're a competent player. Considering the relative complaints, you should be proud of this achievement.

Edited by RazielHex

My only two complaints:

They broke the Dread Lords quest where you have to deshackle prisoners and tribe leaders. I spent the better part of a 1/2 hour before I looked it up. This happened the day I tried the quest. I know that was just poor timing on my part.

Secondly, the quest turn for the mutated animal samples was a little confusing to get to.

I personally don't like Section X, but that's more because of my own taste then the quest hub itself. I'll hit up other areas. I won't give players a difficult time if they enjoy it though. That's the beauty of choice in this game. :D

It was a bit of a pain in my pre-HM duds, but nothing too horrible. I'm a sniper, so no humanoid cc or stealthing for me. The respawn timers were pretty quick, but not anything unmanagable.

They seem disproportionately difficult. Not to mention absolutely crowded with mobs everywhere you turn. All with insane respawn rates. I've only been 50 for a couple weeks so my gear isn't the best, but I can do most hard modes and all the Black Hole dailies without any trouble.

But Section X just seems unusually hard. Is this because BW figured that by now everyone would have really good gear? And the reason for the high respawn rates and crowding mobs because they figured the zone would be packed with players fighting over mobs?

Either way I don't find them all that fun. They seem like a difficult chore.

step 1. Respec focus

step 2. ??????

Step 3. lol the whole time youre wiping packs out in a single GCD AKA Profit.

Edited by Karasuko

Well I think popularity of the area speaks for itself. On my server from initial 5 instances, now there is only one half full. Seems people have gotten their HK and put the Section-X behind them, just like I did. Current rewards don't make it worthwhile.

I want to throttle the dev responsible for the mission with the Airstrike codes. Spending 2-3 minutes waiting for the NPCs to respawn is no fun since they might not even drop it. Sometimes I can't even switch instances because even at 75 people, the danged server won't start up a second... Other than that, Section X is fine and a progression for folks with better gear IMO.

A buddy and I ran these new dailies yesterday and never again what a pain in the A for the little you get. I had heard they sucked form another thread on here so I would not go solo and yea it lived up to the hype, waste of time for what you get.

If it's only credits you are after; yes.. they give very little. If it is Daily Comms you are after, SecX has the biggest amount of commendations per minute of every daily zone.

Personally, I run both Black Hole and SecX once every week with a group for the Black Hole Comms anyway. But my point mainly is: You don't get little. You get around the same credits as the other zones and more daily comms.

Only problem with the section X dailies is the one where you need the 3 target thingies, few mobs, random drops, and plenty of people killing them, you can easily en up spending 30 minutes to an hour in there if you're unlucky (or more, as happened to me).

The increased difficulty is just fine as it gives more comms as a reward (might want to up the credit reward though).

I say this specifically to this post and in general to the rest of the thread: TRY GROUPING! :)

The difficulty goes way down, you get done faster and more reliably and you might actually meet a person or two you wind up liking. The community is out there - stop treating everyone else like obstacles and instead embrace them. It's win-win.

heres a secret folks, if you group up for the airstrike codes, you get the quset done in a bout 5 minutes. If you dont group up with people there, you have to fight for the mobs and race ahead of people and cerate angst and annoyance and shouts of ninja.

Just group up with people already there, you all get the codes when it drops and everyone feels better and noone puts you on ignore for being a greedy ^&*&*).

easy peas.

as for the hardness .. you get three times as many daily tokens from each quest in X than you do on Ilum, each daily quest in X seems to give 3 daily token .... so it should be three times as hard. Its not, but it should be.

They are fine. They are a little more challenging but that's okay. If you aren't geared enough for them, there is 3 other daily zones you can work on till your gear builds up enough to tackle the zone.

And the respawn rate is just fine as well. With people in and out of the zone, there is nothing worse than slow respawns. To slow and people complain they are sitting around and waiting on spawns, to fast and we get threads like this....

This ^^. The rewards are also greater than the other daily areas to reflect the increased difficulty.

heres a secret folks, if you group up for the airstrike codes, you get the quset done in a bout 5 minutes. If you dont group up with people there, you have to fight for the mobs and race ahead of people and cerate angst and annoyance and shouts of ninja.

Just group up with people already there, you all get the codes when it drops and everyone feels better and noone puts you on ignore for being a greedy ^&*&*).

easy peas.

as for the hardness .. you get three times as many daily tokens from each quest in X than you do on Ilum, each daily quest in X seems to give 3 daily token .... so it should be three times as hard. Its not, but it should be.

The two times I grouped with someone for the airstrike codes, we did not get the same amount. One of us would get 2 codes while the other got 1.

easy peas.

Please oh please just tell me what should I use daily comms for? Enlighten me please

If they double up credit rewards or instead of daily comms give black hole comms then it would be worthwhile.

For credits I can buy better gear or mods, for BH comms also better gear, what can I get with daily comms? Only worthless gear.

Please oh please just tell me what should I use daily comms for? Enlighten me please

If they double up credit rewards or instead of daily comms give black hole comms then it would be worthwhile.

For credits I can buy better gear or mods, for BH comms also better gear, what can I get with daily comms? Only worthless gear.

Dread Guard relics, supposedly BiS for PVE now and the new droid schematics. If that's worthless to you, then fine, but some of us don't and are working on the daily comms to get them. Also some of the spaceship parts for whenever they add the new space missions will require daily comms.

I hear so many people say that the dailys are hard.

I think the difficulty of the quests and the objectives are in line with everything else.

But the zone got such a high mob desity that it takes you close to forever to get where you need to go.

Oh and on the imp side the launch keys are a big problem.

Just remove like 30% of the trash (give us a way to reach the quest objectives without fighting every few seconds) and let other mobs drop the launch keys. After that the zone is fine.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone! Thanks for posting your feedback on the new Section X dailies!

For those frustrated with the drop rate of the Airstrike Codes, you'll be pleased to know that we plan to make them a guaranteed drop in an upcoming patch.

We're definitely watching your feedback on these missions, so please let us know what you think (and, of course, if you encounter any bugs or issues).

Thought I had posted on this thread must be another one about section X. Personaly I dont mind the dailys too much I agree the reward does not equal effort especially against black hole.

However its the 4 man heroic that gets me. It may be a lot harder that the Black hole one but I got right to the end with 1 friend and our compaions and then found could not complete it, When we are always being told compaions allow you to play 4 man missions when you cant find a healer to find out thats not true.

For those frustrated with the drop rate of the Airstrike Codes, you'll be pleased to know that we plan to make them a guaranteed drop in an upcoming patch.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's hard enough finding the guys who drop them still alive for you to kill; the possibility that they don't even drop the codes is hair-pulling-worthy.

Yeah Section X would be great if it all worked, the air strike code drop rate is horrible, so I'm glad to hear its being fixed should have been fixed in the first patch but better sooner than later, it took you guys forever to up the respawn time on the boxes in the black hole, that mission is a pain as it is now and ill only do it for the weekly till its fixed, and speaking of the weekly, I so enjoyed not being able to complete mine last week because of the march of the dread guard mission not being able to be completed FOR THE WHOLE WEEK on my server, the leader were not able to be freed, this week only two of the leaders were not bugged so i was able to swoop in and finish my weekly and i wont be back till next week when i hope to see a patch note about it instead of a load cartel market fixes that break companions.