Why is the republic always so incomptend?

internaty

With all due respect:

I mean sure we need quests but the way it goes is like:

Save me(3 million times)

Senetators who cant even manage a space station* and everyone seem to be unable to solve there own problems and expect others to solve them for them.

And then there are the sith:

Wickted crual corrup and downright explotive not once have i heard them ask, beg or plea for help(unless order too by me:P)

Can you blame me for favoring empire who atleast believe they can get the job done?

So i will ask again why is the republic so incomptend?

* attion rant quote

Edited by internaty

With all due respect:

Save me(3 million times)

Senetators who cant even manage a space station* and everyone seem to be unable to solve there own problems and expect others to solve them for them.

Wickted crual corrup and downright explotive not once have i heard them ask, beg or plea for help(unless order too by me:P)

Can you blame me for favoring empire who atleast believe they can get the job done?

* attion rant quote

the republic is not incompetent so much as it is run by the electoral mandate with many individuals that all contribute something else or something new.

real world this causes chaos can you imagine if you add in races with differing thought processes and agendas?

sith side is easier as imperial expansion is a simple thing when 1 or a few people decide for the many over long periods of time <imperial mandates cause stagnation over long periods and give rise to leaders who do it for the best of themselves>

Um...the Empire is no different.

Care to explain that because to me there is a big difference.

Sure both need help but the way it is asked:

Milord we could use your help to solve this problem that threated the stability of the empire.

Jedi we need your help to save our men who are captured by slavers while following dancers to a cantina.

see the difference?

EDIT: also it seem the republic is always reactive and the empire proactive.

Edited by internaty

the republic is not incompetent so much as it is run by the electoral mandate with many individuals that all contribute something else or something new.

real world this causes chaos can you imagine if you add in races with differing thought processes and agendas?

sith side is easier as imperial expansion is a simple thing when 1 or a few people decide for the many over long periods of time <imperial mandates cause stagnation over long periods and give rise to leaders who do it for the best of themselves>

Hm that is a interesting point of view thank you.

P.s i love my sith inqisator:D

And the reason you're saving people is because you're republic side. If you were imperial, you'd leave them to die or finish them off yourself.

Ah yes the eternal weakness of the republic...morality:P

I find it funny trought be told i love the jedi for many games and the swtor come's along and does the only thing no other sw game managed to do.

Make me love the sith XD

Mind you that i only played jedi sage and sith socceror.

remember if those quest givers didn't need your help they wouldn't be talking to you.

Ay but the difference is that the republic is always desperity,

And unless you help them they are doomed.

The imperial will search for a other to get the job done.

Ay but the difference is that the republic is always desperity,

And unless you help them they are doomed.

The imperial will search for a other to get the job done.

i will say that the sith empire is relatively new and hasn't become mired in the stupidity that an old imperial state becomes <read dune and you can see that you end up with vendettas and assassinations but not at first as when something new looks good everyone follows it and not till later do you discover that there are weaknesses>

you cannot force people to do what you think is right in a true republic but can only advise and direct since republics <i do not in anyway mean democracy> are about freewill of the individual.

empires are different since if you choose to refuse a direct command from you "betters" you should be offered the choice of then being a renegade on the run from your own empire or being executed as a traitor which is what you do in korriban during one mission

i will say that the sith empire is relatively new and hasn't become mired in the stupidity that an old imperial state becomes <read dune and you can see that you end up with vendettas and assassinations but not at first as when something new looks good everyone follows it and not till later do you discover that there are weaknesses>

you cannot force people to do what you think is right in a true republic but can only advise and direct since republics <i do not in anyway mean democracy> are about freewill of the individual.

empires are different since if you choose to refuse a direct command from you "betters" you should be offered the choice of then being a renegade on the run from your own empire or being executed as a traitor which is what you do in korriban during one mission

I am aware of that.

And i admit the empire isnt much better but atleast it is less whiny.

I played a Jedi Knight all the way to Alderaan. Each class quest was: "Master Jedi, we lost our super world destroying weapon to the Empire, can you pleeease take it back pretty please with sugar on top ?'.

I kept wondering how Republic spies, politicians and military could be so inept and incompetent. I guess they simply had buyer's remorse for developping such evil weaponry and unconsciously gave them away to the imps.

I played a Jedi Knight all the way to Alderaan. Each class quest was: "Master Jedi, we lost our super world destroying weapon to the Empire, can you pleeease take it back pretty please with sugar on top ?'.

I kept wondering how Republic spies, politicians and military could be so inept and incompetent. I guess they simply had buyer's remorse for developping such evil weaponry and unconsciously gave them away to the imps.

That is the most funny and most believebol senario i heard today:D

A war fought by committee is a war already lost.

Edit: thinking about it, this really is Athens (enlightened culture and democracy) vs. Sparta (battle-hardened oligarchy) all over again. No prizes for guessing who won that, unfortunately.

Edited by smartalectwo

The Republic lost the last war. The only reason they exist at all is because of the imposed cease-fire. Now they have to worry about inside agents, corrupt senators, weak planetary governments, weakly held worlds, tenuous holds on the faith and goodwill of the populace, and of course a thoroughly evil and merciless enemy that continues to pull at the fraying edges of civilization.

So yeah, all these planets need your help. They were ravaged, conquered, or at the very least beaten within an inch of their lives. So when a Jedi arrives on-world and the survivors are cynical about their intentions or abilities to defend them after they'd already lost so much, it actually makes a lot of sense.

When the hero rolls into town after the war is over and says "I'm here to save you", no wonder there's no parade for them. The Republic has to earn back the trust of the people. It's a much more complicated path than the Sith's short sighted and simplistic "Find them and Kill them" attitude.

Any idiot can blow up a building. The hero is the one who sifts through the rubble to save those who survived.

It's not a matter of incompetence, it's an uphill battle every step of the way, and some jerk with a red lightsaber won't stop throwing rocks at your head until you are forced to cut him down.

Care to explain that because to me there is a big difference.

Sure both need help but the way it is asked:

Milord we could use your help to solve this problem that threated the stability of the empire.

Jedi we need your help to save our men who are captured by slavers while following dancers to a cantina.

see the difference?

EDIT: also it seem the republic is always reactive and the empire proactive.

The empire is being cautios because they don't want to die.

Um... you do know the sith empire is even more incompetent right?

HERP lets kill our own men and stab each other in the back YEAH! The sith in this era don't even understand the sith code. Nowhere did it say go slaughter everyone and kick puppies.

The sith in this era are a disgrace to sith and empires. Thank god they're going to lose.

At least Galactic Empire had competent rulers like Thrawn who won't waste men.

Edited by Idunhavaname

With all due respect:

Save me(3 million times)

* attion rant quote

And yet... the Republic outlives the Sith Empire by thousands of years. Not sure what that says about the Sith. ;)

And yet... the Republic outlives the Sith Empire by thousands of years. Not sure what that says about the Sith. ;)

I'd have to say the sit hare the reason the sith fade away for a while, if the sith DID NOT stab each other in the back the republic would never stand a chance.

Without the back stabs the classic be all win all hero is needed to stand up and do whats virtually and near illogically possible.