Gear is for wussies

ubermouth

Would love a pvp wz where gear stats are null.

Winning would be more dependent on skill, tactics etc.

Also an objective based pug wz with none of the boring stats. Just a winner and a loser. People interested in farming numbers can queue for the other wz.

I know intelligent getting can be fun, and min/maxing allows for variation in build viability for certain tactical goals/play-styles, but it also just seems sort of like people hate rated because of the vast differences in gear.

Grind it like the rest of us, I guess is what you'll all say.

Edited by ubermouth

Also an objective based pug wz with none of the boring stats. Just a winner and a loser. People interested in farming numbers can queue for the other wz.

I know intelligent getting can be fun, and min/maxing allows for variation in build viability for certain tactical goals/play-styles, but it also just seems sort of like people hate rated because of the vast differences in gear.

The gear grind is all downhill after your first char.

Hint: get legacy gree gear and get 5 pcs from doing pvp dailies on your "main/mains". On the alt get 2750 coms before rank 40/level 40 on alt. Turn those all into ranked coms at 40. Pvp from 40-45. Be completely geared at 50 or so close to it, that it doesn't matter. Repeat. Grats you can now play multiple characters.

This is the most alt friendly game I have played. I can play my shadow, sniper, marauder, scoundrel all min maxed.

Another Hint. The scoundre/op pvp bonus blows (dps set). So use the sniper/slingers gear. Grats. 2 for 1 gear set with gree daily gear.

First character might be rough. After that it is smooth sailing.

Edited by biowareftw

But then u need everyone has same abilities, same talents, or just have none, cause different specs require different approaches to stats.

And how will you play in different abilities and talent trees environment without gear or with default stats/normalized stats?

Edited by BambulaGTS

i'd still welcome the opportunity.

no class is unbeatable

you dont need smashers to beat smashers

Smashers will dominate as they are the only class that has an auto crit and damage increase in the magnitude they do 100% tied to abilities.
Edited by ubermouth

It takes a bit over a week to get a set of gear viable for rated warzones. At the higher level of rated play, everyone is equally geared with a few exceptions due to personal preferrence, and skill differences become very apperant.

Basically what i'm getting at is this: If you take away the gear, the baddies will still get stomped and the majority of players will feel as if there is not enough incentive to win in PvP, or even compete! (Trust me, I saw it happen in GW2)

Another main issue is this: Without some sort of gear grind, everyone would simply reroll whatever they feel is OP. It promotes FOTM rerollers waaay to much. (Trust me, I saw it happen in GW2)

The best thing is to concentrate on one character > get good (or get help getting good)> get gear > learn other class abilities > perfect your gameplay > be a good and not a bad

Red Sonja/Conan style; love it!

Well, except the weapon(s) and secondary would need standard stats. No weapon stats is pure melee. Otherwise the carnage would be good bloody fun* and glorious.

* let's have additional

/*

"

"

Vash the Stampede

How about you learn how end game works first.

He appears to have a deeper understanding as to how marketers have you chasing two carrots than you do. Grind for two kinds of gear with everry new toon ad naseum.

No thanks I'd rather spend my time pvping where gear doesn't matter.I'd rather pve in gear-null instances that require skill and not gear values and repair cost.

But if it only takes a short while and no money to get BiS, then that's great. Feels like it takes some time just to level the same old **** to get the same old ****.

I am entitled to no lore, no convos, idependence from guild, a smart group finder that groups me by preference doesnt require me to have affiliations with people other than in runs or pvp, and i dont want to smoke their cartel opium. Shocking!

I don't care about traditional mmo social norms. I'm here to get my skills razor sharp.

I just want the option for this. I dont want to take anything from anyone.

I bet a a lot of folks would like that.

Edited by ubermouth

There should be almost no gear gap, granted recruit sucks but it doesn't take many matches to get into WH and itemize

Free to players leveling up fresh 50's exacerbate this problem, the expansion should improve your experience dramatically. And mine lol

Wait, why do so many people ***** about premades and gear in rated if gear isnt an unnecessarily confounding variable in match outcomes?

It seems like this game controls for skill with by using gear.

Edited by ubermouth

Who *****es about gear for rated?

I p leveled my scoundrel ahead of schedule and having been ******** on PUGs all day on teh leader boards with some terrible gear.

If you put the players who whoop your *** in recruit they are still going to whoop your ***. Just not as swiftly