Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

For my Jedi consular shadow I went to the GTN and purchased:

Phantom Headpiece ~ 250,000

Phantom Chestpiece ~ 300,000

Phantom Gloves ~ 50,000

Phantom Boots ~ 80,000

Spymaster Leggings ~ 80,000

A bit on the pricey side for a level 14 character but it gave a nice sleek, svelt look. One that I didn't mind parting with a sizable chunk of ingame currency as I'd just have to change the mods. Logged in today and found the chestpiece and gloves had been changed to look ridiculous.

I purchased these items off the GTN. I used the preview item to check the look as I was parting with two days worth of dailies cash (about four hours of gameplay). Even the icon of the gear resembled the look (ie no hood or wierd attachments)

I took every precaution to make sure I purchased items that I liked the look of and were indeed the correct items. I should not be penalised and end up with chestpieces and gloves that I dislike.

Best solution for Bioware would have been to leave the current items as they were, apologise that the Cartel Market graphics were off, introduce the correct graphic model as a new piece of gear.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my Jedi consular shadow I went to the GTN and purchased:

Phantom Headpiece ~ 250,000

Phantom Chestpiece ~ 300,000

Phantom Gloves ~ 50,000

Phantom Boots ~ 80,000

Spymaster Leggings ~ 80,000

A bit on the pricey side for a level 14 character but it gave a nice sleek, svelt look. One that I didn't mind parting with a sizable chunk of ingame currency as I'd just have to change the mods. Logged in today and found the chestpiece and gloves had been changed to look ridiculous.

I purchased these items off the GTN. I used the preview item to check the look as I was parting with two days worth of dailies cash (about four hours of gameplay). Even the icon of the gear resembled the look (ie no hood or wierd attachments)

I took every precaution to make sure I purchased items that I liked the look of and were indeed the correct items. I should not be penalised and end up with chestpieces and gloves that I dislike.

Best solution for Bioware would have been to leave the current items as they were, apologise that the Cartel Market graphics were off, introduce the correct graphic model as a new piece of gear.

Despite the reasons for the change, I have to say for myself that I am disappointed in the fix. Spending credits and cartel coins to get the look you want and then having it change is a real letdown. I was finally happy with my sniper/operative gear look and now, I am probably going to spend serious credits removing the modifications from these now that they look worse for me.

That makes me a grumpy person.

How is real life fashion different than in game fashion? You buy based on preview, they don't call it a changing room like real life for nothing, oh, and it cost real money too, like real life, just because its a game it's ok to bait and switch people when you charge actual cash? I just want the cash I paid back, I'd never have bought these ugly things with REAL LIFE MONEY, who wouldn't be upset about being cheated out of real life money, dont pull its game money here, cuz its not.

Agreed, please put this piece back to how it was originally released. I specifically bought this chestpiece as the basis for a secret agent look for my Operative before this most recent update; now, it just looks terrible, completely inappropriate to the character I bought it for.

The old look is SO much better, I hate the v-neck pad and the hood. I chose this based on its preview appearance. If people are so dumb they cant use the preview feature to see how a piece actually looks, then they really need to re-think how they choose gear. My assassin looked absolutely awesome before and now it is awful. Please change it back to its original appearance so those of us that actually PREVIEWED it on our character can have the look we paid for.

Negative.I like the look now than before.Felt like it was missing something.Now it just looks cool!

Trust me you won't be unsubbing just because the devs change a piece of gear...LOL!

Trust me, you won't be unsubbing because the developers change it back in its original state.

Wrong. You didn't take the precaution of reflecting the situation. That doesn't mean that you're wrong or at fault but anyone who bought this stuff should of known that there was a big chance that it would eventually be changed.

As said, it sucks that these items were released "wrong"-looking but you simply can't blame BW for addressing the issue as a lot of players have been complaining about the sets not looking like they do in the pictures.

I didn't buy the Phantom set for that very reason.

Correct decision by BW to change it to what was advertised on the picture of the cartel pack. Your fault for buying it knowing that it looked incorrect and that they would fix it eventually. Edited by Asuka

So they should have told the people who paid cartel coins, that can be purchased with real money, for the look on the pack ad, too bad, instead of those who paid fake in game money?

anyone who bought this stuff should of known that there was a big chance that it would eventually be changed.

This is ridiculous and you know it.

So everytime I buy an item I have to search through all advert pictures and forums to make sure it is as intended and not going to be changed in the future?

Do you realize how stupid your statement is?

Edited by Malderak

And then people would have to pay twice to get the look they wanted. Point is, BioWare can do anything and everything and people will still complain about it. These forums proved this countless times.

Yep.Dont forget you have PERMISSION to play.With hundreds of different combinations, well you get the idea.

Negative.I like the look now than before.Felt like it was missing something.Now it just looks cool!

Trust me you won't be unsubbing just because the devs change a piece of gear...LOL!

I don't know. I put a lot of effort into building a look around the Spymaster's chestpiece, and I was extremely satisfied with the results, because Consulars generally get such bad-looking gear.

The change feels like an insult. Now the chest item clips with my lower robe, so I'm pretty much forced to abandon it. I would not consider this a minor thing. For months I've waited for a hood-toggle to appear, something they promised way back before 1.2. It never came. I've been looking for a nice outfit for so damn long, and I finally found one in the Cartel Market. Now they changed that too, so I'm back to square one.

I am constantly questioning my subscription.

Edited by Majspuffen

Phantom was implemented incorrectly to begin with. Did you actually think that Bioware wouldn't change it to what they actually advertised? False advertising is what would have been if they left it without matching the pictures on the cartel pack.

This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!

They listened to their customer base when they fixed it in today's patch. If you didn't want them to fix it to correspond to the image shown on the Blockade Runner's Cartel Pack then you should have stated that weeks ago when the request to change it was made.

Phantom was implemented incorrectly to begin with. Did you actually think that Bioware wouldn't change it to what they actually advertised? False advertising is what would have been if they left it without matching the pictures on the cartel pack.

While making people pay for something and then taking it away is called...what...hmmm... scam? Robbery?

Edited by Malderak

Correct decision by BW to change it to what was advertised on the picture of the cartel pack. Your fault for buying it knowing that it looked incorrect and that they would fix it eventually.

The main problem is most people DID NOT know that it looked "incorrect" or that it was going to be changed. Otherwise it would not have been a hot-ticket item on the GTN and no one would have bought it until they could preview its actual look before purchase.

They listened to their customer base when they fixed it in today's patch. If you didn't want them to fix it to correspond to the image shown on the Blockade Runner's Cartel Pack then you should have stated that weeks ago when the request to change it was made.

See my post from 1 minute ago. Most people did not know about this at all.

Wrong. You didn't take the precaution of reflecting the situation. That doesn't mean that you're wrong or at fault but anyone who bought this stuff should of known that there was a big chance that it would eventually be changed.

hahaha! Don't hurt yourself twisting logic into pretzels trying to defend Bioware. In all reality, this kind of stuff is the basis of many a complaint to the Better Business Bureau or even a lawsuit.

This is ridicolous and you know it.

So everytime I buy an item I have to search through all advert pictures and forums to make sure it is as intended and not going to be changed in the future?

Do you realize how stupid your statement is?

All you had to do is look at the picture on the cartel pack to see both armor pieces looked totally incorrect.

I don't know. I put a lot of effort into building a look around the Spymaster's chestpiece, and I was extremely satisfied with the results, because Consulars generally get such bad-looking gear.

The change feels like an insult. Now the chest item clips with my lower robe, so I'm pretty much forced to abandon it. I would not consider this a minor thing. For months I've waited for a hood-toggle to appear, something they promised way back before 1.2. It never came. I've been looking for a nice outfit for so damn long, and I finally found one in the Cartel Market. Now they changed that too, so I'm back to square one.

I am constantly questioning my subscription.

Then you think way too much about your monthly fee.I already paid so no point in ranting about it.Glass is half full to me.��