Game feels dead

IAmYourGod

High level planets have max 6 players, no one is doing world pvp in Illum. People don't talk in chat, and i takes around 3 hours to find a group to flashpoints. What is this, a single player game that i need to pay monthly fee for? No thanks.

Now that i'm 50 and i've finished the story i guess... that was it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm Tatooine has plenty of PvP going on. Hard to even do your quest lines there some times. :p like the guy above me just said not everyone is level 50 yet, so you will find it hard to even find a good match for your level. Edited by dronepilot

Warzones always same players, World pvp is dead, none wants to do Heroic/Group quests in planets now that i am lvl 50 or been for a day all i have done is running to mailbox..

None ever writes anything in fleet if someone writes that is me, none replys... even if there is over 25 people at lvl of 50 none wants to do flashpoints or pvp... sigh

Just wait for everyone to catch up... not everyone is 50 yet, or anywhere near! I'm level 34, I was feeling like the game was dead too but I'm noticing the fleet and other places are starting to feel more alive as people level up. I couldn't move in the fleet last night without bumping into other people, it was great :D it wasn't even peak time too! Just be patient ;)

I'm like 34 right now. Taking my time, even leveling up another character that is just 15 right now.

It's lonely at the top because not many have got there and a lot of the newbie areas are still crowded (because some people started playing on the 20th, lets not forget that) so some folks are still probably experimenting with classes.

I love how all the powerlevellers are lonely at the top.

We TOLD you to take your time.

Did you listen? Nope.

Now you have to either reroll or wait.

Powerlevelers?

The leveling curve, in this game, isn't very steep... If I didn't work, for a living, I would've been 50 last Friday. And, that's just casually playing...

Powerlevelers?

The leveling curve, in this game, isn't very steep... If I didn't work, for a living, I would've been 50 last Friday. And, that's just casually playing...

Yup leveling is pretty fast, i didn't skip anything at all. Did some warzones and flashpoints before reaching 50.

Warzones always same players, World pvp is dead, none wants to do Heroic/Group quests in planets now that i am lvl 50 or been for a day all i have done is running to mailbox..

None ever writes anything in fleet if someone writes that is me, none replys... even if there is over 25 people at lvl of 50 none wants to do flashpoints or pvp... sigh

Its the second week .... shouldnt have rushed to 50... People are taking their time with lvling. If you go make a new char you will see that the higher populations are in those zones.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Powerlevelers?

Not if your listening to all the story and side quest and not just spacing through them your not.

I've been playing pretty much every spare minute I've had since eraly access started and have only managed lvl 33 so far. I probably would have been at 50 by now as well if it wasn't for work and family over Christmas, but unfortunatly, these things take priority. Be patient, the rest of us will be there soon.

I've been playing almost non stop since Early Access day 1 only taking breaks to sleep, eat and do obligatory holiday crap, I'm on ONE character and I'm level 42. That's why it feels lonely at high level areas. Edited by Neloth

High level planets have max 6 players, no one is doing world pvp in Illum. People don't talk in chat, and i takes around 3 hours to find a group to flashpoints. What is this, a single player game that i need to pay monthly fee for? No thanks.

Now that i'm 50 and i've finished the story i guess... that was it.

thats what you get for rushing / spacebarring thru the whole game. you probably havent seen 30 % of it.

It feels lonely because most people stop playing so they can enjoy their life. Apparently there aren't many people without lives and fill the gaping hole that encompasses their entire day with SWOTR. Go get a friend and hang out for a few weeks and then come back. There will be more people.

Yes, you have to admire the power leveling of some people, im gld you got there first. Now wait for everyone else to enjoy getting there. ive only been playing for 5-6 days and im 17, but i also have all my skills at 150+. its all about enjoying the game.

I personaly think the story makes it worth taking my time.

I feel sorry for people that are already complaining about what is an amazing game. I am almost level 29 on my main but I have been busy with Christmas and seeing family and friends over the holidays and not stressing to be the ZOMG look at me I'm level 50 already guy. Even if it wasn't the holidays I would not attempt to rush through the game because that is what kills ANY game for people in the end. It is called burnout and it is unavoidable if you just grind and grind.

Step back and make another character if you a bored but don't come to the boards complaining because people are actually playing the game and enjoying the leveling experience.

I think no one can dictate anyone elses way to enjoy the game, but seeing other people around me on my server, there seems to be a lot who do the same -level to acertain level, then start another char to see the differences in playstyle, get hooked to story etc. and forgotten is reaching 50 on one char, hehe.

I started now my 4th char, none of the 3 before reached 35. I cant help it, it just happens :p

I think once you realize that there really is no need to rush, as if you would level your Xth char in WoW or wherever, where you already have stabilized, scheduled Endgame in your guild happening, you start to relax and peak around.

And I love it.

I support the opinion, that in a few month, the amount of 50s will have grown alot and that areas/flashpoints will find a higher population.

Get out of the Routine you got used to by playing other MMOs, thats my opinion to most of the "flaws" presented in the forums. Enjoy it like your first MMO you ever played, thats what I finaly could do again, Bravo Swtor. :p

thats what you get for rushing / spacebarring thru the whole game. you probably haven't seen 30 % of it.

QFT / ffs, what is it with you new generation of MMO players? You devour MMOS and spit them out..powering to 50 without actually enjoying the ride then blaming the game for it. Lots of people got the game for Christmas, haven't played the hell out of beta and didn't use early access.

I seriously think that companies shoot themselves into the foot with doing "betas" which we all know is just a marketing tool most of the time anyway (at least betas close to release). Today's MMO players do not care for the actual leveling, are all about instant gratification but those are the ones that will leave a game after a few weeks of playing and look for the next best thing anyway.

Seriously, I just started playing and the amount of "the game is dead", "there is nothing to do at lvl 50" posts just makes me laugh for so many reasons I cannot even start to put them down in written words :)

Or the outcries for lfg tools. My god, what would you guys have done back when there weren't even AH. You know, while leveling you actually had to make friends along the way and that was part of the social experience. That also meant the was never a shortage of people to group with. Heck, even here: I already made friends even though I started on a server I knew I would not stay on. The faster you level the faster you outgrow content the faster you outgrow rewards, the less you are inclined or interested in the leveling process per se (what a nice merry-go-round).

You want to level fast and instant gratification which in turn means you are only playing for end-game in a game that has been released a bit over a week ago..there is something very flawed in expectations of a certain player group compared to mmo designs in general.

Also, what did you guys expect? That all the content you powered through even before release would magically reappear at lvl 50?

I have seen this tendency and the dilemma arise within the last few years of MMO design and community development and I am curious to see where this eventually will lead :)

One idea is to make the leveling process harder, like in the old days but then the new generation of mmo players cannot put up with such hassles (slow leveling, deleveling even, corpse runs, no hand-holding with artificial tools at every corner). It seems that the new generation is destroying their own fun and they are not even really aware of it.

Uff, that was way longer then I intended. I do not blame anyone for :tldr this. ;)

QFT / ffs, what is it with you new generation of MMO players? You devour MMOS and spit them out..powering to 50 without actually enjoying the ride then blaming the game for it. Lots of people got the game for Christmas, haven't played the hell out of beta and didn't use early access.

I seriously think that companies shoot themselves into the foot with doing "betas" which we all know is just a marketing tool most of the time anyway (at least betas close to release). Today's MMO players do not care for the actual leveling, are all about instant gratification but those are the ones that will leave a game after a few weeks of playing and look for the next best thing anyway.

Seriously, I just started playing and the amount of "the game is dead", "there is nothing to do at lvl 50" posts just makes me laugh for so many reasons I cannot even start to put them down in written words :)

Or the outcries for lfg tools. My god, what would you guys have done back when there weren't even AH. You know, while leveling you actually had to make friends along the way and that was part of the social experience. That also meant the was never a shortage of people to group with. Heck, even here: I already made friends even though I started on a server I knew I would not stay on. The faster you level the faster you outgrow content the faster you outgrow rewards, the less you are inclined or interested in the leveling process per se (what a nice merry-go-round).

You want to level fast and instant gratification which in turn means you are only playing for end-game in a game that has been released a bit over a week ago..there is something very flawed in expectations of a certain player group compared to mmo designs in general.

Also, what did you guys expect? That all the content you powered through even before release would magically reappear at lvl 50?

I have seen this tendency and the dilemma arise within the last few years of MMO design and community development and I am curious to see where this eventually will lead :)

One idea is to make the leveling process harder, like in the old days but then the new generation of mmo players cannot put up with such hassles (slow leveling, deleveling even, corpse runs, no hand-holding with artificial tools at every corner). It seems that the new generation is destroying their own fun and they are not even really aware of it.

Uff, that was way longer then I intended. I do not blame anyone for :tldr this. ;)

This post is really good and I agree with it it completely! Very well put