Disappointed by the Powertech

ArzhAngel

Though I just became Champion of the great hunt as lvl 30, I am still disappointed by the PT, they are to have the coolest stuf the univers can offer, then why can they heal them self ? Whey cant the go into stealth ? And why do they have a pistol not a assault rifle now the are mid range damge / and close damge dealer ?

Last but not less, why dont there JetPack work for personal flight, and how there even be a a bounty hunter in a sw - world and NO bounties on players ?

- Beside this NOW that YOU have the old DAOC team, then why is there not more faction world pvp / and with a meaning for world / control ?

This is a troll and a half. I give you a 3 of 10. Don't list stealth and the ability to fly, too obvious. Now one could say that you were intentionally being obvious to be sarcastic, but your bottom comment shoots this out of the sky, If you were being satirical then you would have just left it as that.

That being said, I would like my PT to have a laser beam firing out of his chest.

Edited by Kerbowa

At some point in game I hope they add abilities for force jumps and rocket jumps so that we can really feel like Jedi/BH's, but I doubt it would be flying. The older Jedi Knight games had force jump too and it was awesome. It would just be a cool thing to have, I know it would make a lot of the game accessible that shouldnt be obviously, just dreaming.

I am still disappointed by the PT, they are to have the coolest stuf the univers can offer, then why can they heal them self ? Whey cant the go into stealth ? And why do they have a pistol not a assault rifle now the are mid range damge / and close damge dealer ?

Last but not less, why dont there JetPack work for personal flight, and how there even be a a bounty hunter in a sw - world and NO bounties on players ?

Because then they'd be way OP? Why have multiple classes when you have one that can do it all??? MMOs are designed to give different unique uses to each of the classes while trying to keep them balanced. If you gave all of those things to the Powertech then there'd be no reason to play any other class. If you want a rifle, play as an Agent. Healing? Play a Sorcerer or even a Mercenary. But don't come on the Powertech forums whining that they can't do what's not their job.

Because then they'd be way OP? Why have multiple classes when you have one that can do it all??? MMOs are designed to give different unique uses to each of the classes while trying to keep them balanced. If you gave all of those things to the Powertech then there'd be no reason to play any other class. If you want a rifle, play as an Agent. Healing? Play a Sorcerer or even a Mercenary. But don't come on the Powertech forums whining that they can't do what's not their job.

Please don't feed the trolls. =)

i'm 29, full shieldtech. i couldn't be happier. we shouldn't get heals. that's other people's job. if you're in a group, make sure one's a healer. if you're not, just bring mako or something.

i could not be happier. my powertech tank is a dream come true.

Though I just became Champion of the great hunt as lvl 30, I am still disappointed by the PT, they are to have the coolest stuf the univers can offer, then why can they heal them self ? Whey cant the go into stealth ? And why do they have a pistol not a assault rifle now the are mid range damge / and close damge dealer ?

- Beside this NOW that YOU have the old DAOC team, then why is there not more faction world pvp / and with a meaning for world / control ?

Because tanks that can also heal cause serious balance issues in PvP and make balancing PvE obnoxious. There's a reason no AC has both a tanking and healing tree.

They have pistols instead of assault rifles because they have all sorts of other gadgets to use, and it's easier to do so with a sidearm than with a huge assault rifle. Imaging trying to heft a heavy rifle WHILE operating, say, the touch interface on your phone. Then imagine that the interface causes fire to come out of your hands. Now do it while being shot in the head. So, yeay pistols.

As for the rest, my eyes hurt too much, so that's as far as I read.

Because tanks that can also heal cause serious balance issues in PvP and make balancing PvE obnoxious. There's a reason no AC has both a tanking and healing tree.

They have pistols instead of assault rifles because they have all sorts of other gadgets to use, and it's easier to do so with a sidearm than with a huge assault rifle. Imaging trying to heft a heavy rifle WHILE operating, say, the touch interface on your phone. Then imagine that the interface causes fire to come out of your hands. Now do it while being shot in the head. So, yeay pistols.

As for the rest, my eyes hurt too much, so that's as far as I read.

Applying real world physics and logic in a fantasy game never makes sense. The real reason is most likely because it's easier to create cool complicated animations for pistols then for rifles.