EV endboss fight absurd; needs fix

He's just a bug filled boss that has mechanics that need to be executed and the bugs present problems with this.

Such Bugs that can be encountered and should be planed for

Phase 3 people getting ported to there own instance when he lands happened to me and one of our healers just tonight.

Phase 2 and 3 even when hitting 5 or more things during drops he will randomly bug and keep 2 charges.

Phase 3 droping agro on mind trap still. You can work around with 2 tanks so you always have taunts up or atleast one class that is a hybrid tank/dps so he can pop cds/taunt if this happens.

If you don't run into any bugs you should be in the clear and even the mind trap bug can be planed around but the first one and sometimes the 2nd one can make for wipes that otherwise shouldn't happen when executing mechanics perfectly

While I agree that Soa definitely has its share of annoying bugs, nearly every one I've encountered can be dealt with and should not interfere with the boss being killed. My guild spent 11 hours trying to kill NiM Soa before we got our first kill on 8man. During that time, we learned how to deal with his bugs and have been one-shotting him since.

To OP- Like others have said, the boss despawning in the last phase can be corrected by having someone taunt during each mind trap.

Regarding pillars not hitting the boss- We have had attempts where he gets hit by the pillar, goes through the animation of getting hit, but does not lose his shield. Because of this, the biggest thing I can emphasize is being consistent throughout his last phase. He will most likely enrage if he misses a pillar, but that does not mean he cannot be killed. Soa's enrage on 8m NiM is a complete joke and is barely different than his non-enraged state. If your raid is wiping as he enrages, it is because you are not dealing with the other mechanics properly (lightning balls, breaking mind traps, not getting hit by pillars, etc.).

I hope most of these bugs are fixed soon but making a post complaining he is impossible to kill isn't the way to approach Soa. Good luck!

Wipe on Soa at 953 health because drills won't hit him, drills not rendering, ignoring taunts, and then despawning.

Oh and one of our players was in some sort of magical non-instance for the entire fight.

Edited by Nahela

Wipe on Soa at 953 health because drills won't hit him, drills not rendering, ignoring taunts, and then despawning.

Oh and one of our players was in some sort of magical non-instance for the entire fight.

We wiped at 5%, 1%, and 2% tonight because the obelisks weren't dropping his shield we had 3 in a row the last one our tank actually drug him under the obelisk and to make sure it hit he stayed there with SOA ontop of him the obelisk killed the main tank shield stayed intact. Soa was 100% ontop of the tank.... Repeat that 3X's... we killed SOA 3x's tonight and didn't get loot cause of that bug. Very frustrating to execute the final phase flawlessly have everyone alive when he's at that low health and then have his shield be unaffected by the obelisks. ...

This happened to us a few times on Soa, someone would be moved into a different instance on the bottom floor and couldn't join in the fight, or even move.