Voss trials (Empire)

Xanikk

Ok for those who have done it you go to the altar at the shrine of healing then meditate and fall into a trance. You see the 3 leaders and they spout some gibberish about a vision and go back and forth between nonsense and you.

Can anyone make sense of this quest? I get the whole voss storyline but this part makes no sense. They call me blind no matter what options I choose. It's really wierd. :rak_02:

They also sound mad at me and say I am their greatest healer and then sound not mad and tell me to destroy the corruption. This is my 4th character going through this and I still can't make heads or tails of what the hell they are smoking,

Edited by Xanikk

There is a quest you can pick up just prior to going into the Shrine. You visit and record various carvings which give you insight into various situations and how the mystics reacted to them.

Cooincidentally, the vision you experience has a lot in common with these. Answer the questions the way a mystic would, they way you've just learned from the carvings.

Do your reading, learn the ways of the Voss, appease them, and it will go a whole lot easier.

Edited by Bobsy

The Trials are meant for Voss (Force-sensitives specifically, I think) to see whether they're fit to be Mystics. I don't remember exactly why you're supposed to do it - was it a prophecy that said an outsider was to come go through these trials?

Anyway, it's a test to be sure you think like a Mystic is supposed to think: all visions come true, interpreters may possibly be fallible, but you must do what the vision says, no matter the cost. If you satisfy all three questioners they'll let you go without a fight.

You're getting plunged into somebody else's sacred cultural ritual with about one quest's reading material worth of background. It is a little out of left field.

Ok for those who have done it you go to the altar at the shrine of healing then meditate and fall into a trance. You see the 3 leaders and they spout some gibberish about a vision and go back and forth between nonsense and you.

Can anyone make sense of this quest? I get the whole voss storyline but this part makes no sense. They call me blind no matter what options I choose. It's really wierd. :rak_02:

They also sound mad at me and say I am their greatest healer and then sound not mad and tell me to destroy the corruption. This is my 4th character going through this and I still can't make heads or tails of what the hell they are smoking,

Largely this quest involves with how the voss are puppets to their vision powers and believe what they forsee through the force must be. You can still complete the quest even if you go against their short sighted visions so in the end take it for a statement on the voss and why the empire should have sided with the gormak.