PVP, shield as pt worth it?

-nuc-

I haven't heard anything about this from any other source, and I also haven't tested this myself.

But one of the little messages in the loading screens that pops up every once in a while says that the shielding effect from off-hand shields only work when the ion gas cylinder is activated. So that pretty much means it's far inferior to a power generator, if you are using high energy or combustible gas, which trades the absorption and shield chance stats for more power, or whatever.

If that is true or not, what Taugrim said still holds true.

Edited by TirjacShiki

I just switched to a tank spec, focusing mainly to boost Rocket pucnh.

The big reason for me to have a shield isnt to mitigate damage, look into it, in pvp shields do little vs alot of pvp damage. But there is a talent that gives a shield proc a chance to reset the cooldown of rocket punch which can cause some nice burst damage.

Mainly in pvp i try to be as annoying as possible to anything that needs to cast alot (tracer missle mercs for instance). While using gaurd and taunts to reduce damage to my teamates.

Heres a link to a great guide. I use his "rocket punch of doom" spec. It goes into great detail on pvp mechanics.

Really, this is a great guide.

http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/guide-to-bounty-hunter-powertech-trooper-vanguard-mechanics-and-pvp/