new info out of comicon

Shingara

shingi!well yeah,id like an epic questline for legend stuff as well

also since you frustrated me too much on our last encounter...i used that anger to fuel my motivation,and installed my amd radeon hd 6850 on my cyberpower gua250...it works fine,maximum settings on swtor,at 60 fps :D

so in an odd way,thanks....you gave me the rage i needed to win

also since you frustrated me too much on our last encounter...i used that anger to fuel my motivation,and installed my amd radeon hd 6850 on my cyberpower gua250...it works fine,maximum settings on swtor,at 60 fps :D

lol all i did was say check which mb you have to see if the lanes and power rating on the board would allow it and to maybe upgrade your psu, but gratzs on upgrading your graphics.

well i spent an hour or two researching the idea...looked up the power requirements on amd`s website,it said "500w or greater" power supply required...thats what me comp has....i also looked up reveiws of it where people had actually described putting in the 6850 into there gua250,and it worked fine....even watched a video or two

then i woke up today feeling like i had a hangover....took me afew minutes to find the power supply cable (the port on it was wedged inbetween two different components on the other side of the computer,so i had to remove both side plates to gain access)...then i booted it up,installed the drivers and presto,and yes i did put the side plates back on,remarkable considering i have a famously bad short term memory

but more on topic...yeah,this game needs more of those sorts of "epic" quests...not just mildly entertaining side missions....

people feel better when they have worked hard,to earn something immensly powerfull that very few people have,prestige and status items are very good for a game`s health

Edited by Baphomet_x

I wonder what the difference is between legendary and "legendary-like" weapons?

Either way I'll take it..thank you sir.

I wonder what a legendary weapon is. I feel like this announcement is supposed to be important, but I'm not sure.

I assume it means items that have some sort of lore history behind it. Maybe weapons that were used during a war from the novels or something (f. ex. a battle at planet Trololol and a weapon therefore being called Hablahabla Shamoo of the war at Trololol). Possibly with cutscenes and Codex entries. Basically, items with quest chains and story behind them. Sounds quite awesome to me.

I hope I'm wrong but this reminds me a lot of Trials of Atlantis the expansion pack that ruined DAOC.

To be honest, that only 'ruined' DAoC because DAoC was a PvP dominated game, and it 'forced' people to PvE to gain PvP benefits. For those into PvE in DAoC, Trials of Atlantis was great.

As long as it's not the grind that 'legendary' items are in LOTRO !

That is the very same GPU I have been using sence TOR launched. Have never had any issues in the game at all no matter where I was. All settings on max too.

The epic quests for TOR will be a great addition. As long as they make them challenging to get. I still have fond memories of doing the 45 min Baron runs on my chars in WoW doing the epic armor sets for each. Tanked two of those runs successfully on my warr also.

This reminds me of the battered hilt in wow. I lost many a rolls for this hilt in wow on my warrior. I finally got it and by the time I completed the quest line, the weapon was obsolete. If I recall correctly the weapon was only usable by three classes but EVERYBODY rolled need on it so they could sell it. It was yet another reason I hated lfg. In the end, my guy was good enough I could enter the instance solo and farm the mobs which could drop it.

Theres also a community made, fully custumizable ui that has a auto heal, real time raid DPS without raid keys, fixes graphical errors on the ui (text, etc) in the works..

see:

int main()

Its almost done!

:rolleyes:

New info means nothing. Theres all sorts of "projects" that swtor has in the works. whoopie doo. I want to see results, not be told what they are working on. RWZ were "being worked on" and due out for what, march? and look what happened.

These quests and the rewards will only be for the basement-dwelling no-life "hardcore" .02% minority raiders.

Just like WoW did it.

Rampart stereotyping can be sooo wrong at times. I for one loved the old epic class story quests for chars in WoW , did the Hilt quest line and I am retired, own my home and have no car payments and did not start playing MMO's on a regular bases until I retired. The key to all this was making the sacrifices while I was young and now I am enjoying the fruits of my labor. And I do have a full basement, but my computer room is upstairs. :rolleyes:

LOL i was just going to post the exact same thing. I loved the idea in LotRO but hated the way it was implemented.

Yeah, this was my first 'fear' as well. Lotro has some cool features (scalable instances and helluva lot less loading screens), but the Legendary BS grind is a complete waste of time.