The Big Bang Theory

Lasarith

I just watched this episode, I also had closed captioning on. I remember this line and I do not remember thinking that he was referring to the Rebels as the ones tending to build Death Stars.

Anywho, from a transcript of the line, you can tell from sentance structure and punctuation, that the word, "their," contained in the second sentence refers a the proper noun within that same sentence. In this case, the noun would be "Empire" as denoted by the adjective use of the word to describe Sheldon as a man, "Empire man."

"Sheldon: Oh I've never identified with the Rebel Alliance. Despite their tendency to build Death Stars, I've always been more of an Empire man."
Edited by Zebular

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I simply love the fact that Howard Wolowitz has a Darth Talon statue on the side of his bed.

And when Penny quotes Yoda after sleeping with Leonard lol.

Look close...thats a Sideshow PF Leia on the opposite side of the bed from Talon.

....stupid TV shows and thier money....to have a Talon PF as a mere background prop.....stupid TV shows.....

------------------------------------------------------------

Girl 1: Well thats my boyfriend. Happier playing his dopey Star Trek game with his friends

than hanging out with me.

Girl 2: Wars

Gril 1: what?

Girl 2: It's Star Wars they get cranky if you mix the two up.

Girl 1: Well whats the differance?

Girl 2: THERE IS NO DIFFERANCE!!!!

------------------------------------------------

...I want to punch them both in the face. :mad:

How dare you refer to them as Girl 1 and Girl 2! lol.

I found that line to be hilarious though.

Some parts of it did kind of rub me the wrong way:

- Like someone else mentioned, how are five people fitting in the same party. Party limit is 4!

- At the beginning, Leonard says you have to choose between playing for "The Republic and the Light side or the Empire and the Dark Side." Actually, Republic can go Dark Side, and Empire can go Light Side.

But those are really just small oversights. It was an overall enjoyable episode.

- Like someone else mentioned, how are five people fitting in the same party. Party limit is 4!

- At the beginning, Leonard says you have to choose between playing for "The Republic and the Light side or the Empire and the Dark Side." Actually, Republic can go Dark Side, and Empire can go Light Side.

But those are really just small oversights. It was an overall enjoyable episode.

Could always be the generic view of things really, since "Republic" is supposed to be the good side, while Empire the dark side.

Even tho, I've always been somewhat confused over it, as a Sith / Empire, you are trained to think for yourself, to do what YOU want.

While in republic: "You must do what I tell you to do", at least that is my conclusion.

But yeah, as fantasy goes: "There is only good and bad people in the world"

Kinda like that you can go dark side as a Jedi (even tho wouldn't you sort of become a Sith?) and a light side as a Sith, which I don't really have a opinion about one way or the other, since you are never forced to go as a evil powerhungry maniac as a Sith, you simply learn that power is good or w/e.

Spoiler: .. sort of

Even tho I chose to take a learning by heart, which you got in one of the Sith quests: "Peace is a lie, fear is a lie, which that holographic memory told yah. Basically that if you wanted real power, neither side was right. (Kinda like I try to teach Ashara) ;d

They were supposed to have never actually played the game before so i took it as he was simply making a reference to the initial faction choice...

loved the following part about they always play good... Lenyard : in GTA we pay the ******s promptly

Sheldon: "******s! You said they were raising money for stem cell research!"

but other than that, there is a chance they were simply running around killing mobs and doing heroics that can be done in ops groups or without groups...

idk? chances are twas simply poor writing/research.

The other thing I didn't understand was when Howies girlfriend (Burnadette?) wore some Sith Inquistitor armor and they were playing as the Republic. :/ (The character she was playing is actually the Sith Inquisitor Image on the Website announcement for the Big Bang Theory.)

Here it is:

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120308-0

Not to mention I've never seen an in-game character that could smile like that. O_O

Edited by Rohanshot

Could always be the generic view of things really, since "Republic" is supposed to be the good side, while Empire the dark side.

Even tho, I've always been somewhat confused over it, as a Sith / Empire, you are trained to think for yourself, to do what YOU want.

While in republic: "You must do what I tell you to do", at least that is my conclusion.

But yeah, as fantasy goes: "There is only good and bad people in the world"

Kinda like that you can go dark side as a Jedi (even tho wouldn't you sort of become a Sith?) and a light side as a Sith, which I don't really have a opinion about one way or the other, since you are never forced to go as a evil powerhungry maniac as a Sith, you simply learn that power is good or w/e.

Spoiler: .. sort of

Even tho I chose to take a learning by heart, which you got in one of the Sith quests: "Peace is a lie, fear is a lie, which that holographic memory told yah. Basically that if you wanted real power, neither side was right. (Kinda like I try to teach Ashara) ;d

I suppose you're right. He was just generalizing.

They were supposed to have never actually played the game before so i took it as he was simply making a reference to the initial faction choice...

loved the following part about they always play good... Lenyard : in GTA we pay the ******s promptly

Sheldon: "******s! You said they were raising money for stem cell research!"

but other than that, there is a chance they were simply running around killing mobs and doing heroics that can be done in ops groups or without groups...

idk? chances are twas simply poor writing/research.

They actually mentioned City of Heroes! I was, like, flabbergasted! In a good way! :p

I love City of Heroes. Mentioning my first true MMO gave TBBT even more points in my book.

They actually mentioned City of Heroes! I was, like, flabbergasted! In a good way! :p

I love City of Heroes. Mentioning my first true MMO gave TBBT even more points in my book.

Haha yea, and that was/is a good mmo.

I also wondered about the purple robe but I am pretty sure if you notice the back ground is in the ruins of the jedi temple on coruscant. Least that's what it looks like to me so in that regard i am guessing it was in fact just simply put in for the humor and in general once again poor writing/they don;t care about the fine details...

Someone probably told them "purple items are great, like in Warcraft" and they had an an intern or PA or something request 'a purple dress' for Bernadette's character to wear. Whoever supplied it went "Uh... okay, I thought they were Republic, but whatever. One purple Inquisitor robe, coming up."

I swear, did some of you people complain about South Park not actually being representative of WoW game mechanics on its WoW episode. This wasn't a freakin documentary, it was an episode of a sitcom. Edited by Fizil

For those that wonder why Sheldon would comment on the "tendency to build Death Star's" as a reason maybe not to like the Empire ... you need to think deeper.

Sheldon could probably go into a diatribe about the design flaws of having an external port lead directly into a main reactor. It's a comment that the empire were bad designers, but despite that he likes them.

Or at least that's what makes sense for me.

For those that wonder why Sheldon would comment on the "tendency to build Death Star's" as a reason maybe not to like the Empire ... you need to think deeper.

Sheldon could probably go into a diatribe about the design flaws of having an external port lead directly into a main reactor. It's a comment that the empire were bad designers, but despite that he likes them.

Or at least that's what makes sense for me.

I don't think you need to go that deep; Sheldon's crazy, but not a monster. Death Stars are tools of fear and destruction only. The primary function of a DS is it kills planets. Destroys them utterly. That's not fitting with Sheldon... however, the strict order of the Empire is VERY Sheldon.