Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

ArTexx

Okay, I roll around as an Arsenal Merc. My question is should I stack on Alacrity? Well I have been only because I'm always using tracer missile's and such to cut the cast time down. Everything we do for the most part is casting. I want to back up my theory here. Let me hear your opinions. Edited by ArTexx

Awesome! Thanks guys. Now I know! I had a feeling I should have been stacking on Crit. But I also thought it made since to go alacrity since we cast a lot. But I guess more for healers then. Surge and Crit it is then! Thanks!

Our tier gear is tailored around Accuracy/Power oddly enough. I'm tempted to use redundant tokens to get crit/surge enhancements/mods. Don't discount the merit of Accuracy, i have not been able to find any metrics for some reason(COMBAT LOG NAO PLEASE) but the reduced "defenses" associated with Accuracy could be OP if dodge/parry/absorption etc etc are negated.

Best way to judge if an AC needs Alacrity. Do you have primary skills over 1.5 second cast time? Yes/No If yes, get Alacrity.

Edited by Crestlin

I've found that once you hit 100% on your physical, you should stop going for accuracy. Unless of course, boss mobs require an extra 10% like some people on other threads have suggested.

As far as stat priority, definitely stack Crit. That should be your main secondary stat after Aim. Then a toss up between power and surge. With two piece, your tracer will almost always crit. But some alacrity doesn't hurt either. I have my tracer down to 1.3 cast.

I'm still trying to see if that 1.3 is a damage increase over say more power, but hard to tell until I get some kind of meter . Cheers.

1.3 Tracer with 1.5 GCD... Wasteful

Even if it reduced the GCD, Alacrity would still be useless.

We are constrained by resources, not time. Alacrity will not increase the amount of abilities you cast over a period of time, it will only increase the number of auto attacks (rapid shot)

Alacrity needs to increase energy/heat/force regeneration, like Haste does in WoW for rogue energy, DK runes, etc

Edited by Kazim

And what u want from alacrity? Fast cast, low damage and overheat? You don't need cast speed, u live and damage only if nobody attack you, in close combat you die no chance, because INTERRUPTS.

You can fake cast tracer missile its extremely easy cause every newb in the world tries to interupt it. Besides I can kill a melee without casting a single Tracer its not hard.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Okay, I roll around as an Arsenal Merc. My question is should I stack on Alacrity? Well I have been only because I'm always using tracer missile's and such to cut the cast time down. Everything we do for the most part is casting. I want to back up my theory here. Let me hear your opinions.

No.

Just no.

Do you even read at all? there's like a bajillion guides out there.

You can fake cast tracer missile its extremely easy cause every newb in the world tries to interupt it. Besides I can kill a melee without casting a single Tracer its not hard.

what? i dont understand this, u can kill any melee with a commando in gunnery? without using tracer/grav? lool so much ******** good luck with that. 1 marauder keeps jumping to u on a warzone = ragequit.

Edited by xxIncubixx

I spent alot of time with the parses and simulators to give you a solid answer to "do I use alacrity on a Arsenal Merc?"

(keep in mind this is talking from a PVE perspective, I don't pvp anymore so I won't give advice there)

In short Alacrity is next to useless for us, when talking secondary stats, aim to get your accuracy up a bit, around 300 is a good figure (I aim for just over 100% on my ranged, which gives me around 110% for tech).

Crit is also good around 300 here is a good figure, don't forget surge I aim for around 350 but 300 is okay.

After that just stack as much power as you can.

Edited by -Quagmire-

Should you use alacrity as an arsenal merc?

Not on gear. For PVE, I do take the +4% talent in the Pyro tree though. Is it needed? No not really.

But in those situations in HM TFB, and what I know will happen in NM EC, sometimes getting those unloads and tracer missiles out just that little tiny bit faster than normal can make a big difference over a 5-10 minute fight. What most people don't understand is that every percent of damage you can squeeze out of your toon can make the difference between downing a boss and wiping at 20K hp left. You just have to keep in mind that you will generate heat more quickly, so be mindful of that problem.

Your buffed stats (all buffs and stim) should look like:

~35% Crit Rating

~75% Surge Rating

100% Accuracy (tech acc will be 110%)

After those numbers are met, stack power......as much as you can get.

My suggestion would be to get a parser, like MOX, and do some testing with and without those talents and see how it works for you.

Edited by BlownSi