Kaggath Suggestions...

Beniboybling

I'm still advocating

Darth Nox vs Barsen'thor (with all their resources at the end of the game*)

*not exactly, Barsen'thor before the ending ceremony and Darth Nox after the ending ceremony so they have all their resources at their disposal.

Edit: Another interesting combatant would be ESB Admiral Piett (including General Veers' ground troops).

Barsen'thor and Nox would have to both be the same AC based on assumption. Does Nox have the ghosts? Does the Barsen'thor have some kind of advantages like Force ghosts?

Assuming they're Sage and Sorcerer, we're seeing an interesting fight here

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelleon could maybe take on Thrawn successfully, and that's because Pelleon was Thrawn's protege.

Garm Bel Iblis was the only guy that I recall that actually could go toe to toe against Thrawn, but then the Corellian was fairly unorthodox.

Pallaeon did come into his own after Thrawn was killed, and even noted that he carried some of Thrawn with him. It is not out of the question for Pallaeon to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but that would mainly come from his experience in working with the Grand Admiral.

Garm on the other hand. He managed to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but IIRC Thrawn managed to gain the upper hand in their engagements. However, he did hold his own quite well.

Pallaeon did come into his own after Thrawn was killed, and even noted that he carried some of Thrawn with him. It is not out of the question for Pallaeon to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but that would mainly come from his experience in working with the Grand Admiral.

Garm on the other hand. He managed to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but IIRC Thrawn managed to gain the upper hand in their engagements. However, he did hold his own quite well.

Actually Garm was outnumbered in one engagement to begin with, and managed to get his forces out of there successfully.

TBH if Thrawn had been around when the Vong were starting their rampage, the NJO series would have been at most 3 books, where Thrawn ends up doing a savage beatdown. Thrawn and Luke Skywalker on the same side, the Vong wouldn't have stood a chance.

I'm still advocating

Darth Nox vs Barsen'thor (with all their resources at the end of the game*)

*not exactly, Barsen'thor before the ending ceremony and Darth Nox after the ending ceremony so they have all their resources at their disposal.

Edit: Another interesting combatant would be ESB Admiral Piett (including General Veers' ground troops).

Problem here is that the Barsen'thor as an entire army at his/her disposal. Whereas Nox's confirmed powerbase consists of a few fleets and no real ground forces to speak of. And Barsen'thor (as far as I'm aware) only possesses ground forces...

Actually Garm was outnumbered in one engagement to begin with, and managed to get his forces out of there successfully.

TBH if Thrawn had been around when the Vong were starting their rampage, the NJO series would have been at most 3 books, where Thrawn ends up doing a savage beatdown. Thrawn and Luke Skywalker on the same side, the Vong wouldn't have stood a chance.

I believe Palpatine was preparing for the Vong invasion. Besides having Thrawn pacify the Unknown Regions (which he did), Palpatine had sent him to find the Vong. So he was looking for them.

IMO, the Empire would have crushed the Vong. SSD's that can destroy a ship with a single shot, the Death Star, the Galaxy Gun, an unlimited army, Thrawn, and Palpatine himself would be more than enough to crush the Vong.

But had Thrawn survived, or been with the New Republic, the Vong wouldn't stand a chance. Putting Luke and Rogue Squadron under the command of Thrawn? Yeah, no way the Vong would get anywhere.

Edit: How about Garm Bel Iblis and his private militia as a suggestion for the Bonus series? Garm vs. Kota maybe?

Edited by Aurbere

Hmmm, not sure about Iblis - we haven't got a great deal of info on his powerbase. However it would be cool to have two 'space forces' battle it out - although I can't think who... (preferably drawing away from the less well known post-ROTJ)

Query: The Shadow Collective....?

EDIT: For a space battle, how does Darth Nihilus and his fleet sound? No planets would be involved for obvious reasons. :D

Or perhaps Darth Sion? And his shadow assassins? (as a ground battle)

Edited by Beniboybling

Hmmm, not sure about Iblis - we haven't got a great deal of info on his powerbase. However it would be cool to have two 'space forces' battle it out - although I can't think who... (preferably drawing away from the less well known post-ROTJ)

Query: The Shadow Collective....?

EDIT: For a space battle, how does Darth Nihilus and his fleet sound? No planets would be involved for obvious reasons. :D

Or perhaps Darth Sion? And his shadow assassins? (as a ground battle)

Well Iblis had his own private army, but I can't remember what it was comprised of.

The Shadow Collective would be interesting, but I don't remember seeing any sort of fleet. So it would have to be some sort of ground battle. But who to face? Kota's militia may be a good choice, but there may be someone else better suited for it (I'll think on it).

We could always combine Nihilus and Sion's forces. Obviously exclude Nihilus' om nom (:D) ability.

Obviously exclude Nihilus' om nom (:D) ability.

Love it....

I always thought it would be cool to have a Kotor 1 crew vs kotor 2 but that's just me XD

At the height of their power/influence, would be pretty cool.... Jedi council for kotor 2, but not a strong one, military on revan side with onasi being an admiral.....but it wouldn't really work I guess :p

What about Lord omomnom and mc-Sleepswithvibroblades vs the wicked witch of the malachor?

We saw how a 1 on 1 turns out, even though she was unprepared, but it would be interesting all out IMO.... If they all knew about it in advance...

Edited by Selenial

Problem here is that the Barsen'thor as an entire army at his/her disposal. Whereas Nox's confirmed powerbase consists of a few fleets and no real ground forces to speak of. And Barsen'thor (as far as I'm aware) only possesses ground forces...

Well, Moffs control space and ground forces (SWTOR Encyclopedia). So Nox does have some ground troops under his/her control. (Nothing special though.) The troops of the Barsen'thor have transport ships. While they can not take on Imperials ship to ship, boarding parties could. In general you are right, Nox is more focused on space while the Barsen'thor is more focused on ground. But this could also make it interesting scenario wise.

@Bird_of_Thunder: Everyone should have all their resources and buffs. Nox has the ghosts, Barsen'thor has the Force shielding ritual. Nox has silencers, Barsen'thor has the Voss mystic. Include all companions etc. I personally think of them as Sage and Sorc, since that seems to be the AC which the story is largly based on.

Love it....

I always thought it would be cool to have a Kotor 1 crew vs kotor 2 but that's just me XD

At the height of their power/influence, would be pretty cool.... Jedi council for kotor 2, but not a strong one, military on revan side with onasi being an admiral.....but it wouldn't really work I guess :p

What about Lord omomnom and mc-Sleepswithvibroblades vs the wicked witch of the malachor?

We saw how a 1 on 1 turns out, even though she was unprepared, but it would be interesting all out IMO.... If they all knew about it in advance...

Like KOTOR 1 Ebon Hawk crew vs. KOTOR 2 Ebon Hawk crew? KOTOR 2 takes it. K1 may have Revan, but they are seriously lacking in the Jedi department. Would be funny to see two T3's shooting at each other, but also kinda sad (:().

If a Triumvirate battle were to occur, I would prefer a three way battle ( I don't think Traya could defeat Nihilus and Sion). Nihilus and Sion having their powerbases from the beginning of the First Jedi Purge, and Traya having the powerbase from when she reclaimed the title of Dark Lord of the Sith. In that case, (even without his om nom) I think Nihilus would win. Sion would get his Force connection severed by either Nihilus or Traya, and then Nihilus would siege Malachor. From there it could go either way, but I think Nihilus would win with Sever Force.

I've been thinking of another combatant for the Bonus Series. I think the Beast Riders of Onderon could be a good one. Or maybe Iaco (Tony :D) Stark.

Hmmm, Triumvirate Tri Battle... could be interesting... but I think I'd rather spread those guys out a little rather than have similar powerbases fighting against one another. Traya would also have the advantage of possessing extensive knowledge of her opponents, whereas Sion and Nihilus barely understand her.

Oh and seeing as Aurbere's going into debate mode (:p) this is how the fight would actually go down. Sion thinking himself 'da boss' would storm the Ravager's bridge and attempt to kill Nihilus, an attack that would fail miserably. Nihilus would come to Malachor and find Traya is not there. Traya is in fact in orbit (she expected an attack/saw it in a vision) while her assassins have just triggered the Mass Shadow Generator - bye bye Nihilus. :D

But back on topic... can we think of any matches for Sion and Nihilus? (Separately or possibly together)

Hmmm, Triumvirate Tri Battle... could be interesting... but I think I'd rather spread those guys out a little rather than have similar powerbases fighting against one another. Traya would also have the advantage of possessing extensive knowledge of her opponents, whereas Sion and Nihilus barely understand her.

Oh and seeing as Aurbere's going into debate mode (:p) this is how the fight would actually go down. Sion thinking himself 'da boss' would storm the Ravager's bridge and attempt to kill Nihilus, an attack that would fail miserably. Nihilus would come to Malachor and find Traya is not there. Traya is in fact in orbit (she expected an attack/saw it in a vision) while her assassins have just triggered the Mass Shadow Generator - bye bye Nihilus. :D

But back on topic... can we think of any matches for Sion and Nihilus? (Separately or possibly together)

I wasn't in debate, just giving my opinion. Had I been in debate mode, I would have said that Traya would win. I like Nihilus more that Traya :p

Sion vs. Baran Do (they have Plo Koon! :))? Sion vs. Malgus (as in Malgus and the Sith at the Jedi Temple)?

As for Nihilus. I have no idea, we would have to exclude the om nom ability no matter what, though.

Honestly, without his unique abilities, what is Nihilus? Not much, really. A moderate duelist, with some force training.

The entire point of his character and power was how his hunger drove him and fueled his force usage. He's practically unstoppable, and only by manipulating his link with Visas and the natural abilities of the Exile was Traya able to arrange for his destruction.

Like KOTOR 1 Ebon Hawk crew vs. KOTOR 2 Ebon Hawk crew? KOTOR 2 takes it. K1 may have Revan, but they are seriously lacking in the Jedi department. Would be funny to see two T3's shooting at each other, but also kinda sad (:().

If a Triumvirate battle were to occur, I would prefer a three way battle ( I don't think Traya could defeat Nihilus and Sion). Nihilus and Sion having their powerbases from the beginning of the First Jedi Purge, and Traya having the powerbase from when she reclaimed the title of Dark Lord of the Sith. In that case, (even without his om nom) I think Nihilus would win. Sion would get his Force connection severed by either Nihilus or Traya, and then Nihilus would siege Malachor. From there it could go either way, but I think Nihilus would win with Sever Force.

I've been thinking of another combatant for the Bonus Series. I think the Beast Riders of Onderon could be a good one. Or maybe Iaco (Tony :D) Stark.

Meh, im not so sure...

This is a kagath afterall, and Onasi has a fleet, Shan has battle meditation for said fleet....

Immagine 2 hks aswell XD

but i'd probably cry if T3 went up against T3.... :'(

Darth Omanoma vs Sleepswithvibroblades vs Wicked witch of malachor would be pretty cool, but i think traya would annihilate them. Would also depend on if Sion had tried to break his alliance with Nihilus before the battle, because then he'd know not to go all out Rage on nihilus' flagship and get himself Roflstomped (I believe that is the canon term)

Honestly, without his unique abilities, what is Nihilus? Not much, really. A moderate duelist, with some force training.

The entire point of his character and power was how his hunger drove him and fueled his force usage. He's practically unstoppable, and only by manipulating his link with Visas and the natural abilities of the Exile was Traya able to arrange for his destruction.

Um... no. Nihilus is more than the Hunger. While that is what personafies him, he does have powerful abilities of his own. Dark Rage, Sever Force, Force lightning, Force Scream as well as Distant Power (among other powers). He also pulled the Ravager from the shadows of Malachor, and held it together through his power. His lightsaber form is interesting. I don't believe his chosen form is known, but I would consider him a user of Djem So or Juyo as he was very agressive.

He isn't limited to the Hunger, but I agree that he isn't Nihilus without it.

Meh, im not so sure...

This is a kagath afterall, and Onasi has a fleet, Shan has battle meditation for said fleet....

Immagine 2 hks aswell XD

but i'd probably cry if T3 went up against T3.... :'(

Darth Omanoma vs Sleepswithvibroblades vs Wicked witch of malachor would be pretty cool, but i think traya would annihilate them. Would also depend on if Sion had tried to break his alliance with Nihilus before the battle, because then he'd know not to go all out Rage on nihilus' flagship and get himself Roflstomped (I believe that is the canon term)

I was speaking more of a versus perspective, not a Kaggath. A Kaggath would be in favor of KOTOR 1 as Carth has a fleet, and I don't think any of the KOTOR 2 crew was ever a fleet commander (other than Surik).

As for the Triumvirate battle, it was more of an opinionated statement as I prefer Nihilus over Sion and Traya (he just looks so cool). But if I were to pick a victor, Traya would win. Especially if we take out Nihilus' om nom ability.

Edited by Aurbere

Um... no. Nihilus is more than the Hunger. While that is what personafies him, he does have powerful abilities of his own. Dark Healing, Sever Force, Force lightning, Force Scream as well as Distant Power (among other powers). He also pulled the Ravager from the shadows of Malachor, and held it together through his power. His lightsaber form is interesting. I don't believe his chosen form is known, but I would consider him a user of Djem So or Juyo as he was very agressive.

He isn't limited to the Hunger, but I agree that he isn't Nihilus without it.

I didn't quite mean that he had NO other powers, just that his only distinctly powerful ability (more so than any other Sith of his time) was his abilities to drain and sever force connections.

As for Dark Healing, I'm curious where you heard that he had this ability. To my knowledge it wasn't really touched on until Legacy Era, and even then I always felt it ran counter to the nature of the dark side (drain vs. heal).

Although you're right that his telekinetic powers were formidable, weren't that something of an outgrowth of his raw power with the force? Drawn in part from the energy he consumed when he fed?

I didn't quite mean that he had NO other powers, just that his only distinctly powerful ability (more so than any other Sith of his time) was his abilities to drain and sever force connections.

As for Dark Healing, I'm curious where you heard that he had this ability. To my knowledge it wasn't really touched on until Legacy Era, and even then I always felt it ran counter to the nature of the dark side (drain vs. heal).

Although you're right that his telekinetic powers were formidable, weren't that something of an outgrowth of his raw power with the force? Drawn in part from the energy he consumed when he fed?

No wait. It wasn't Dark Healing. I meant Dark Rage, but I was working on something else and my thoughts got mixed up.

Edit: So I got the post edited. On to your other points.

Discussing Dark Healing. You can learn more here.

Nihilus had raw power. IIRC, his power had destroyed his body, forcing him to encase his body in the armor we see in KOTOR 2.

As for the Hunger. I don't think he gained power from his eating (hence 'om nom'). It's late where I am so my mind is scattered right now.

Edited by Aurbere

I was speaking more of a versus perspective, not a Kaggath. A Kaggath would be in favor of KOTOR 1 as Carth has a fleet, and I don't think any of the KOTOR 2 crew was ever a fleet commander (other than Surik).

Pfft, verus perspective yeh... The only thing Kotor 1 crew would have Versus wise is Carth screaming "Down you go" whilst firing in random directions...

No wait. It wasn't Dark Healing. I meant Dark Rage, but I was working on something else and my thoughts got mixed up.

Edit: So I got the post edited. On to your other points.

Discussing Dark Healing. You can learn more here.

Nihilus had raw power. IIRC, his power had destroyed his body, forcing him to encase his body in the armor we see in KOTOR 2.

As for the Hunger. I don't think he gained power from his eating (hence 'om nom'). It's late where I am so my mind is scattered right now.

Right, makes more sense than Dark Healing. Also right on the armor, since later down the road Darth Krayt used his holocron to figure out a similar process.

Perhaps it was just that the hunger was a positive feedback cycle, the more he fed, the hungrier he got?

Pfft, verus perspective yeh... The only thing Kotor 1 crew would have Versus wise is Carth screaming "Down you go" whilst firing in random directions...

I'm ROFLing right now. Very well done. :)

G0-T0 hides in the background and sees Revan. "I was expecting someone taller."

:D

Vong vs Galactic Empire. I just wondered.

Wait this is better.

Galatic Empire vs Vong vs Sith Empire

I hate the Vong But this would be seen as interesting.

Good matchup, but what period of the Sith/Galactic Empires? I'm assuming Vong on the brink of their invasion of the galaxy.

Good matchup, but what period of the Sith/Galactic Empires? I'm assuming Vong on the brink of their invasion of the galaxy.

Sith Empire is the smallest of the Three so 3/4 of their full strength With super weapons available, since Vong will use their anyways. Galactic roughly 3BBy - 1BBY. So that They can be at their semi-peak, but without those Rebels.