<HACKING> Hacking with 3 bots at team ranked

Azheon

A guy is playing team ranked with 3 bots against a team, they are farming hacker guy & his bots to get rating if some devs come to TRE server now, they can see and ban them.

I had videos also, didn't upload for not to leak name of the guys that are getting ratings by him.

It's not a "hack" but it is against TOS

Maybe, I remember reading something about a company not having a stance on multiboxing but I'm not sure it was Bioware or another studio. If you can quote the part of the ToS that says this isn't allowed feel free though.

Edited by Evolixe

But like I said, being a bad multiboxer doesn't make you a wintrader.

That argument leads down a slippery slope, because you can say "being a bad player on your AP PT alt does not make you a wintrader when hyou bend over for people, or when they /stuck on theri AP PTs when you're on your jugg."

But I do agree that "hacking" is a term overused to a ridiculous amount on these here forums. I miss when people knew its actual meaning an used it properly.

Botting != hacking, multiboxing != hacking, you losing because you forgot mercs had a reflect != hacking, a poor sod operative being sent half way across the map because holotraverse is buggy != hacking.

A guy is playing team ranked with 3 bots against a team, they are farming hacker guy & his bots to get rating if some devs come to TRE server now, they can see and ban them.

I had videos also, didn't upload for not to leak name of the guys that are getting ratings by him.

Make sure you report to Eric and ask to send him the video.

There is a link in my signature on how to report properly. Posting on the forums won't do anything

If I remember correctly, BW has nothing against multiboxing IF all accounts are being *directly* controlled by the player. The moment someone uses software or hardware to mirror actions from one keyboard out to multiple toons at the same time, that becomes against TOS. Or to put it another way, multiboxing is fine for sedentary stuff like crafting, but practically impossible to use within TOS for anything else.

If a bad multiboxer is trying to queue only against a specific group or guild, then they're probably also breaking TOS there too. But that's more difficult to prove.

Really, theres no big difference between this multibox "H4x0r" and cxp/vmc farmers since both are feeding others with free rating, theres a few teams on top of the leaderboards who got most of their rating by farming pve bads. (not telling the names ofc :p) Thought u knew it Azheo :) Edited by MaddoxSith

Hello, i am Didodad the Mutliboxer you met, if you would like to know the reason that i was doing rated pvp, it was to to test out how well a mutlibox would do in pvp in this game, and also wanted to get my hands on the crafting boxes, it was just for fun, i am really confused to why all this hate is around :p Multiboxing is allowed in this game. i used to multibox over in world of warcraft / Lineage 2 and there have always been people complaining, i am sorry if this troubbels you, but i am paying for the game to have fun just as you, and got just as much right to do everything in the game as you do :) //Dido

Ps. probly wont be queing agin cuz it appearently dident work to well but wanted my 20 win/loses, also had a few guys whisper me earlier today, that was abit uppset :)

Can't blame people for being upset with you because you don't play the game as intended. While Bioware are lax with multiboxing, it is a gray area and not received well by the gamer community in most games. So expect more people to rage at you if you keep using it.

I'm kinda lost. What's the deal with Multi-boxing? I assume this means one person controlling more than one character at a time.

I did this on another game. Well, I didn't play both at the same time I just logged in on a different toon and use it as storage, and to transfer stuff between my characters, as well as for party buff. So I'd make a healer and war, level both then have heals invite war to group, apply healer buffs and them just play the war while the heals is AFk in safe zone.

The reason you multibox, is just for fun to be fair! :p i can't give you another explination. And as far as how multiboxing works its a long story, but you can basicly say that you play the game pretty much as everyone ells, but you have 4 accounts, you have your main window ``game`` that you play on, and everything you do is copyed to the other windows. but its not just to play like normal, for example my boxes are on follow, and if i engage in a fight they lose follow, which means i got a set keybind so all of them starts following me agin, but any time i use a skill they stop agin. the reason its harder in this game is cuz we do not have addons for example. so you can't use things like strobe ``Auto follow`` and if you want to click something lets say like an elevator or an keypad, you have to tab over to every character and click it. as far as Flash points goes, you can't do flash points, its not manageable unless u do the really easy once. so as i said Multiboxing is for fun, i have been multiboxing for the past 9 years in diffrent games.

Ooh yeah... if you want to know more and want to see some propper videos, the tool i am useing for Multiboxing is isboxer.

Edited by Durazel

Why the hell would you do that for a ranked warzone?

I can understand doing it for social points and Soloing Tactical FPs, the advantage is being able to use the kolto stations to make it easier on your companion. Though you do not need the kolto stations, if your companion is influence 50. Also, maybe to get in to an ops, since you cannot enter one solo. Thought you cannot solo one, now, since they all scaled to level 70.

But, for ranked, I do not see why you would queue a ranked match with your bots, except to gain some unfair advantage.

Edited by Yezzan

i qued ranked cuz i want to test it out for fun. unfair advantage ? i got 20 loses in a row so i would hardly call it an advantage at all :) i started doing it just to test it out, and then i thought to my self, heck il just do the mission for 20wins/loses, its a nice sum of credits :)

I am a solo player, i dont like to play with people, this is the reason that i am multiboxing in all the games that i play, i can still enjoy most of the content, and have fun doing it :) and you should not call it bots as they are controled by me, its called a box mate :)

Edited by Durazel

i qued ranked cuz i want to test it out for fun. unfair advantage ? i got 20 loses in a row so i would hardly call it an advantage at all :) i started doing it just to test it out, and then i thought to my self, heck il just do the mission for 20wins/loses, its a nice sum of credits :)

I am a solo player, i dont like to play with people, this is the reason that i am multiboxing in all the games that i play, i can still enjoy most of the content, and have fun doing it :) and you should not call it bots as they are controled by me, its called a box mate :)

That makes no sense. Testing it out for what? To see if you can control 4 characters in a coordinated attacks against 4 other characters controlled by 4 different people? cause if that worked, you would have had an unfair advantage. And it's still unfair to people who are grouping up and having to win fairly, since you are basically throwing these matches to whomever is matched up against you.

There is something you should learn: You cannot have "fun" at the expense of others (enjoyment). so, if what you are doing is having a negative impact on the people around, regardless of how much "fun' you are having you must desist.

That makes no sense. Testing it out for what? To see if you can control 4 characters in a coordinated attacks against 4 other characters controlled by 4 different people? cause if that worked, you would have had an unfair advantage.

Unfair? How would that be an unfair advantage. If anything it would be impressive if he was able to successfully control 4 different characters and win, since it would require tremendous effort and skill to be able to pull that off.

And it's still unfair to people who are grouping up and having to win fairly, since you are basically throwing these matches to whomever is matched up against you.

That is the same as saying that it would be unfair to other people if a noob tried pvp and lost, because he is no good at it and did it to experiment and gain experience. Would that also be throwing or wintrading? No. Because he is experimenting with something and trying to gain experience in that particular area.

Try to be a bit more open minded will ya?