2.0 Classic Comms and the Old Elder Gear

I will not play flashpoints, or daily's of any-kind now after i have reached my weekly limit on classic comms. Why are they so terribly low as a weekly limit. Don't they understand that a person can reach that limit in 1 day. As a new level 50 I looked forward to getting my new gear and I didn't utilize the double xp but instead stuck it out with my 50 trying to get him caught up to everyone else who had full campaign and companions in full Columi. Now it looks like I have completely wasted my time and still continue to do so by reaching the weekly cap. I have wasted today alone on a daily and another weekly for an Ops and FP about 50 to 75 comms. Unassembled Columi is being dropped in SM's- (to be turned in for more classic comms that get you to the weekly limit even faster). So then what is the point of adding all this extra content that we wont even want to do because we wont reap any reward for doing it when we reach our weekly limit? None, no point at all. Edited by Matthiusis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much what I have been saying and posting as feedback since it was on PTS but apprently they don't care and want to lose more customers now they will have to deal with everyone raging about it.

But just like you I don't even wanna bother with end game right now makes no sense at all!

I think it's to encourage playing alts and different aspects of game.

maxed comms? go pvp.

dont like pvp? go alts.

dont have alts? go space missions.

(I am not telling you what to do, nor I'm justifying BIO/EA actions, I'm looking for possible reasons behind it)

I think it's to encourage playing alts and different aspects of game.

maxed comms? go pvp.

dont like pvp? go alts.

dont have alts? go space missions.

(I am not telling you what to do, nor I'm justifying BIO/EA actions, I'm looking for possible reasons behind it)

I hear what your saying find the positive in other areas.Just really sucks when you have been alting it up for like a year and pretty much it makes you just wanna put your max levels on vacation for a week.

yeah, imagine group finder once tanks and healers have their weekly caps done.... better luck next week, kid , lol

exactly why this is disturbing,my healer hit the cap in a day! guess what? i don't log in with that healer. many are gonna do the same

I've already dropped a day of running my smuggler. 160/200 comms in 2 days time, think I'm over limit now, and I haven't even run my dailies.

I used to run my dailies while I waited for the GF to find me a group. Now, it's like I have to try one or the other. Not both, or you end up waisting Comms. Although, I haven't seen anything but Relics that I actually should use them for.

I agree with the whole "move on to other things in the game" once you get capped on what your currently doing, but that defeats the whole open world-do missions as you want-when you want, and where you want. It creates an environment that is directed in the way that Bioware/Game Executives want you to go in, not the direction you want. It also defeats the competitive edge of the game. Maybe they will take the caps away if we all complain about them. I think they did it backwards. They should have capped the people that are 55 or above, and let the others catch up to them, if they truly wanted to level the playing field.

Well, I could understand a cap of TOTAL comms. E.G. you can only have 500 Classics at a time. This would promote spending, which would promote more play time to keep your totals up. But to limit how much I can earn in a week, to a value WAY LESS that what can be earned in a 2-3 days tops is confusing. Like they don't want us to spend to much time enjoying a certain character/class.

I agree with the whole "move on to other things in the game" once you get capped on what your currently doing, but that defeats the whole open world-do missions as you want-when you want, and where you want. It creates an environment that is directed in the way that Bioware/Game Executives want you to go in, not the direction you want. It also defeats the competitive edge of the game. Maybe they will take the caps away if we all complain about them. I think they did it backwards. They should have capped the people that are 55 or above, and let the others catch up to them, if they truly wanted to level the playing field.

A true MMORPG gives you a world and a ton of options and you just need to find your place in it.

This we want you to follow a path in a mmorpg is beyond rediculious,i've given feedback on this subject many a times,but if we as a community say we dont want this than they pretty much have to change it,it is about making money after all.

I think they flat out need to remove the limitations completely and let us play how we want,operation lock outs are plenty fine with restricting progression for the week

Well, I could understand a cap of TOTAL comms. E.G. you can only have 500 Classics at a time. This would promote spending, which would promote more play time to keep your totals up. But to limit how much I can earn in a week, to a value WAY LESS that what can be earned in a 2-3 days tops is confusing. Like they don't want us to spend to much time enjoying a certain character/class.

This makes sense to me.

I too have a healer that I played with for a day before I had reached the cap and since then I haven't played at all on her.

I finished all the PvE Weeklies except the World Bosses on my 55 Jugg Tank so I guess I'll just go level my Marauder or Powertech to 55 to start sending more Jugg Tank gear through the Legacy.

I'd rather not do it that way but I'm having a hard way of getting more Elite comms at the moment.

It will settle down though.

A lot of people still have tokens, the OP mentioned this as well. And more importantly, you wont be doing this stuff for long, once you hit 55, the new FP's open up, and the daily on makeb for the better comms, and the basic comms gear will be coming pretty quickly, so the classic comms will be basically become the old tionese crystals, not wanted nor hunted.

Within a month, this will be a non issue.

Also don't buy something and return it or get it returned via in-game ticket as it counts against your weekly total. So those 28 un-used patterns I still have, I'll never be turning in as I already hit this weeks 200 cap on the 1st day. Even if the CS agent gave me back the item I sold by mistake instead of commendations (which was pre-2.0 purchased by about 5 minutes) I still would of hit my weekly. I can understand why they want to limit what you make per week or why they want to cap your totals overall, but how much I play one toon and then forced to play alts or not do anything else for the rest of the week has become most everyones main focus.

Also don't buy something and return it or get it returned via in-game ticket as it counts against your weekly total. So those 28 un-used patterns I still have, I'll never be turning in as I already hit this weeks 200 cap on the 1st day. Even if the CS agent gave me back the item I sold by mistake instead of commendations (which was pre-2.0 purchased by about 5 minutes) I still would of hit my weekly. I can understand why they want to limit what you make per week or why they want to cap your totals overall, but how much I play one toon and then forced to play alts or not do anything else for the rest of the week has become most everyones main focus.

Didn't they change that back when the PTS was still up? I know that, initially, buying something and returning it counted against the weekly limit, but I was pretty sure this was changed.

Also, I don't think this will be as much of an issue at the true endgame, because I don't think the Basic/Elite/Ultimate Comms drop as much as the Classics. But something really should be done about the Classic Comms limit, because the level 50 HM FPs and Dailies hand the things out like candy. I hit the limit in one day with two sets of dailies, a couple hard modes, and one unassembled Columi token. Is that really all Bioware wants us to do in a week?

Edited by Delta_V

Based on warning messages from classic comms when I turned in my dailies to jump start levelling, while the system gives you a warning for things like that I don't think it's actually supposed to count against your weekly total. If it actually stops you from earning more I'd file a bug report.

• Dev Post

The weekly cap on Classic Commendations will be removed in an upcoming patch.

Incidentally, there is currently a bug that causes the game to warn you that you've exceeded your weekly cap even when you are at 0 in your weekly progress (it's erroneously looking at your total commendations). Make sure you check the actual weekly progress value displayed in your currency tab.

:csw_jabba:

Once you hit the weekly limit it does alter the amount you receive. I noticed it during SM KP. Looted a Boss and got 2 Classic Comms. Right above (or below) that text was a line that said that the value has been changed to 0 because I have reached my weekly limit. So yeah, 200 a week and that's it.

I really can't see how much it should affect me. I looked at all the gear I can buy with Classic's. I honestly only saw 1 Relic that worked for me ( the Mender relic). Unless i missed something somewhere, I didn't see much that I would actually be buying.

And lastly, where is it I can turn in the Columi Pieces for the Classic comms? I have 2 of them that I saved, where do I turn them in?

It takes forever to get a pop for FP if you are a dps, now will be worse 1000 times, and by Thursday with the shortage for healers and tanks this game has, will be a miracle to get pop

i need coms on my dps toon, is the only spot in my raid group available, all other roles are fill

It takes forever to get a pop for FP if you are a dps, now will be worse 1000 times, and by Thursday with the shortage for healers and tanks this game has, will be a miracle to get pop

i need coms on my dps toon, is the only spot in my raid group available, all other roles are fill

If you really need them, Belsavis, Ilum, Black Hole and Section X all hand out these comms.

If you really need them, Belsavis, Ilum, Black Hole and Section X all hand out these comms.

This.

I hate running dailies, but I have been running BH, Belsavis this past week, trying to gear up my companion for Sunday.

The weekly cap on Classic Commendations will be removed in an upcoming patch.

Incidentally, there is currently a bug that causes the game to warn you that you've exceeded your weekly cap even when you are at 0 in your weekly progress (it's erroneously looking at your total commendations). Make sure you check the actual weekly progress value displayed in your currency tab.

:csw_jabba:

That's fantastic, thank you.

Do you have a more specific timeline that you are expecting currently? Is this something that we can look forward to in 2.0.1 or will it be in a later patch?