How many characters-Alts will you have after the merge (mk2)

Totemdancer

Well I guess I can log on and count them while I still have some free time. I'll be reporting in shortly.:rak_03:

EDIT: 30!

Didn't think it was so little. Then a lot of those are level 1 toons that I create to see how a certain look looks like in game before I change my toon to it.:p

Edited by Eshvara

My plan is to fill up all current servers with missing chars, so that I would get the full 8 x 20 CC grant (per server) for finishing the story missions on the starter planets. I doubt that I am able to achieve this though, because after one new character yesterday, I fell asleep and there are still too many to go. ;)

8 characters on each server + 18 on my main = *mumble, mumble, frown* Um, a lot.

So, how many characters will you have on each of the three servers after the mergers!

What do you mean, "three servers"? There will be five. And I will have chars on all of them.

Edited by JattaGin

My plan is to fill up all current servers with missing chars, so that I would get the full 8 x 20 CC grant (per server) for finishing the story missions on the starter planets. I doubt that I am able to achieve this though, because after one new character yesterday, I fell asleep and there are still too many to go. ;)

8 characters on each server + 18 on my main = *mumble, mumble, frown* Um, a lot.

What do you mean, "three servers"? There will be five. And I will have chars on all of them.

Sorry, I meant 3 English speaking servers. I forget some of our non English speaking players sometimes come here.

Edited by Totemdancer

Sorry guys, the first thread title was a mistake, this is the Mk2 version.

So, how many characters will you have on each of the three servers after the mergers!

67 or so.. >_> gotta delete 18 of them to make a new char xD RiP thats one EU alone ofc...

Edited by slukslaksla

67 or so.. >_> gotta delete 18 of them to make a new char xD RiP thats one EU alone ofc...

If you have a few spare slots available make them now before server mergers happen if you think you might want them in the future :)

After the merge, when I delete a few name placeholders, I'll have:

East Coast: 22

West Coast: 10

EU English: 4

EU French: 8

EU German: 6

--------------------------

And I suspect I'll toss a couple of those as well, whatever my mood is after the merge.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'm in bed feeling crummy from a tetanus vaccine I got yesterday, so I can't handily check right now, but I'm fairly certain I have about 21 characters, total. One will be going into Satele Shan and the others will be going into Star Forge.

I may either just delete the lone one or transfer him to Ebon Hawk before things happen but we'll see. I feel sorry for the people with 50+ characters spread across multiple servers, that's going to be.. Interesting.

I hope Bioware does a big sale on character slots and rename tokens after this all goes down like they've done with the server transfers. That would make things a lot less complicated. An easier way to arrange/access your characters on the selection screen would be nice as well.

Edited by SourOrange

I'm in bed feeling crummy from a tetanus vaccine I got yesterday, so I can't handily check right now, but I'm fairly certain I have about 21 characters, total. One will be going into Satele Shan and the others will be going into Star Forge.

I may either just delete the lone one or transfer him to Ebon Hawk before things happen but we'll see. I feel sorry for the people with 50+ characters spread across multiple servers, that's going to be.. Interesting.

I hope Bioware does a big sale on character slots and rename tokens after this all goes down like they've done with the server transfers. That would make things a lot less complicated. An easier way to arrange/access your characters on the selection screen would be nice as well.

I hope you feel better soon SourOrange! :)

22 plus 4 ...unless I make some more in the meantime.

I used to have close to 40 characters but I deleted half of them because of GC. It was just too discouraging for that many alts.

My Alts are like my children. I find it very difficult to delete them. It’s probably why I’ve got so many and Bioware have got so much money from me. If I want or need a new alt I just buy another slot.

With so many Alts on so many servers atm, this merge is going to be extremely interesting. I think I might end up with about 50 on Satele Shan. I really hope they make some QOL improvements on the login screen for dealing with that many characters.

How many characters will I have after the merge?

The short answer : Too many.

But a lot of them are low-level alts that I never got around to developing, so I'll be deleting them, anyway.

I hope Bioware does a big sale on character slots

Well, a discount on character slots would be better than nothing, but I honestly don't think it's quite fair to expect players to pay Bioware any significant amount of Cartel Coins (possibly purchased with real money) to deal with a situation that Bioware is creating.

I would much rather that the developers simply increase the number of character slots that players can have per server. Fortunately, it looks like they are :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=933608&page=8

Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.

Eric Musco said that they would try to increase the character slots allowed per server, to "largely alleviate" the issue of a player having to delete a large number of characters in order to create a new one.

What exactly "largely alleviate" actually means, though, is anybody's guess.

Eighteen. Would've been twenty, but I need to delete a couple of unused alts gathering dust on Jung Ma. Or, if I have CC left over after transferring ten characters off of Begeren Colony, renaming them and changing their species, etc.

So... eighteen or twenty.

I have to admit I'm gaming the system. I'm creating a bunch of alts on other servers so that when the merge does occur, I will have flexibility to redo storylines in the future. I will be well above the 52 character limit that exists now, though many of those characters will be placeholders / unplayed for some time to come.

For those who think this is selfish, I understand your point of view but: 1) the economist in me says it is a wise decision; and 2) it will have no impact on naming conventions as my characters all follow a unique quirk that all but guarantees there will be no overlap.

Dasty

I have to admit I'm gaming the system. I'm creating a bunch of alts on other servers so that when the merge does occur, I will have flexibility to redo storylines in the future. I will be well above the 52 character limit that exists now, though many of those characters will be placeholders / unplayed for some time to come.

For those who think this is selfish, I understand your point of view but: 1) the economist in me says it is a wise decision; and 2) it will have no impact on naming conventions as my characters all follow a unique quirk that all but guarantees there will be no overlap.

Dasty

Well Dasty, I can't blame you.