Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you! I'm begging on my knees for a hood On/Off option. And to be fair, I actually think they'll add it. They're not stupid and I think they realize that it's a big deal. The question is... When will they add it? Will they do the smart and popular thing and do it fast? Or will they go, "It'll be added in the next major content patch."

/agree

I got a hood around level 14 on my sentinel and thought it looked cool, save for the hood. I scavenged the preferences for a hood down option and even tried cheesing it with helms, but still no luck. I can deal with it in combat, but with the amount of time spent in cutscenese, ive come to believe my jedi girl is bald! It even makes her round face look fat!

I'm sure BW will add a feature for hood down at some point, how can they not when every other class can turn off helms and be done? It just ruins my immersion when my jedi girl looks bald and made too look like her head is a pumpkin. :(

Hood is driving me crazy as well. What's most frustrating is it's clear Bioware understands the value of Non hooded characters as they showed off non hooded knights in every video with cinematic conversations. But when we finally get to play those conversations, we look ridiculous.

I have browsed around and there doesn't seem to be any armor designed for the Guardian that does not have the hood down.

Out best bet for now is to use Orange Trooper Armor and mod it correctly, or put up with the hood.

This disapoints me. The only way I can get the hood not to show is to display helm, but then I have this eye visor that makes me look like I am from Star Trek, no thanks. I am a STAR WARS fan not a Trekkie!

This really has to be implemented fast or I think I will start to get tired of playing my JK, what annoys me so much is that a friend of mine that is playing a Consular just got this awesome looking robe with the hood down.

But the problem is, when it comes to issues like this, i have yet to see any developer really care about looks and such when it comes to games like this, they will probably just start fixing balancing issues and stuff i could not care less about. And when half a year has passed, we get this fix that should have been there to begin with.

What about that armor/cloak that shows in the char creation screen for JKs? Is that an endgame set?

yeah, that is exactly what I wanted my Sent to look like.

I really hope it is in somewhere. (and modable)

Helmets over-ride hoods as well. Most sent helms are circlets though, which don't. you need an actual helm.

Edited by MBirkhofer

Any one having trouble with the hood removing the headdress for female Twilek but not covering the head making them look bald?

I actually wanted my hood to show up, but all i get is a goofy looking bald head.

I have experienced this just yesterday when I got my first robe set. Looks kind of weird...

Still, glad the hood isn't up all the time like others are finding.

I'm looking and looking and can't find any heavy armor chest pieces that are non-Trooper theme that does not have a robe. I've spent hours looking through all the commedations vendors, pvp vendors, all sorts of vendors on the 5 first planets, and on the republic fleet and nothing. There is only some low level 15- variation of the jedi knight starter zone-ish gear, but none of that is mod-able so you can't play with that.

I have to admit, I love my knight and my outfit currently is perfect for him, aside from the fact he can never lower his hood.

I imagine that in the near future we'll see either a toggle or new moddable hoodless gear. We've seen it in the gameplay videos and on the npcs - I imagine BW just didn't get it added in for launch.

I'm still not understanding why Twi'leks no longer wear hoods when every single other hat in the game has clipping issues that look worse than hood clipping.

Agree - give Twi'leks our hoods back - even if they clip...

Also why does our dam head dress thing dissapear when we hide helmet too ? I'm starting to develop eye strain from looking at my toon's giganto shiny forehead in cutscenes ! :(

Can i ask, who here is at end game? or even past level 35 for that matter? gear is something to be achieved in an mmo. Complain about aesthetics later on, in end game when content has been explored. don't expect all your goodies right out the door. this is an MMO. go work for it.

I'm level 37, and the hooded robes do tend to wear on you after 15-20 levels. Having the option to put them down would be nice.

Any one having trouble with the hood removing the headdress for female Twilek but not covering the head making them look bald?

I actually wanted my hood to show up, but all i get is a goofy looking bald head.

Yeah I was having this problem too. There's actually a thread going about it somewhere in general.

I'm just really surpised half the armor/robe looks we've seen in the Jedi knight class video, class photos, etc seem to be nonexistent in the game. I'm up to level 35 and on Balmorra, and haven't seen any sort of armor/robe combo yet worth taking, and if I want a chestpiece without a hood, my options are to either look like a trooper or take light armor meant for Consulars.

I'm confident Bioware will address this in the future, but i'll feel pretty bummed out if i've already leveled to 50 before I get a chance to see my guy's hair.