Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

To Eric where is the Information about our APAC server transfers!

The patch for tuesday was moved to thursday, expect more delay, but due to the bugs, might be understandable to shift the announcement for us to early next week.

But that sure shoots the old "different dev teams" nonsense in the head. :eek:

Edited by Roalmo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^this.

But 2.0 has seen an increase in population. I have been seeing ppl on my friends list that I have not seen for sometime. When i was on there was 100+ on the rep fleet aswell as 8 instances on Makeb, which is pretty good for Dalborra.

That was true briefly but a month later and it's dropping off again. Back to questing for hours in an evening with group finder on the whole time and maybe getting one pop in a few hours if I'm lucky. It's almost a year since US servers were merged to address population issues and we still have no idea how long it will take for us. I renewed my sub for 2 months before 2.0. When that runs out that's it. Sick of playing a sub for what's basically become a single player game for me.

Hmmm..

would have thought an announcement of delay on the transfer info would be out by now.

so, guess we'll get the transfer info tomorrow.

:csw_yoda:

Yes when he said next week, he meant just before he finishes for the week so he does not have to cop the fallout!

/lalala we are doing what they asked for lalala

Edited by ChuangTzu

Well, its only 8:30am his time on friday.. so guess he's not in the office yet.

But, it is Saturday for the APAC'ers, when he probably gets around to posting anything..... sigh... :(

Edited by Roalmo

I can't agree more with this, the Q pops on Dalborra are fine. 200ms ping is not preferable for minimal Q improvement.

Can't wait for the QQ when people realise that the aussie server experience is better than what we are going to get.

It's probably a cost thing which is why they are shutting it down considering everything in Australia is much more expensive than overseas.

Lel, my game play experience will be massively improved tbh, sorry it's gonna suck for you! =D

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric

woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo

Edited by ImpliedCarth

Thank you for the update Eric =)

I've slowly been following this thread and relaying information back to guildies who do not visit the forum however the lack of information on the transfers seems to be making a few nervous about what to expect and how they will work.

Will we be able to get a separate thread with information answering player questions before the free transfers/merge start Eric or will we be moving over blind, finding out that using the Free Transfer Option didn't move over the guild with my GM character and loosing all the resources/credits/tabs that we have invested in?

I have a few questions, if you could take the time to find and give the answers I'd be very thankful.

- Will players that transfer/merge will keep their character name if the character on the server they are being moved to is inactive. EG: a low level alt that hasn't been played in months, someone that has quit the game and hasn't returned in so many long months and so on.

- If a player that is the GM of a guild decides to use the Free Transfer before the actual merge, does the Guild and the Guild Bank move with them? Or does the GM of a guild have to wait for the merge to keep their Guild and Guild Bank?

- Do people stay in the guild when moved with the Transfer or with the Merge?

- Are servers, mainly the Harbinger, capable of taking on the influx of people. I ask this due to the talk of it being the most unstable server.

- If you decide to transfer your characters half to one server and half to another server (half to a pvp server and half to a pve server for example) do they keep their legacy level/unlocks/reputation on both servers or do they only get to keep their legacy on one of the servers they choose?

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for the update Eric =)

I've slowly been following this thread and relaying information back to guildies who do not visit the forum however the lack of information on the transfers seems to be making a few nervous about what to expect and how they will work.

Will we be able to get a separate thread with information answering player questions before the free transfers/merge start Eric or will we be moving over blind, finding out that using the Free Transfer Option didn't move over the guild with my GM character and loosing all the resources/credits/tabs that we have invested in?

I have a few questions, if you could take the time to find and give the answers I'd be very thankful.

- Will players that transfer/merge will keep their character name if the character on the server they are being moved to is inactive. EG: a low level alt that hasn't been played in months, someone that has quit the game and hasn't returned in so many long months and so on.

- If a player that is the GM of a guild decides to use the Free Transfer before the actual merge, does the Guild and the Guild Bank move with them? Or does the GM of a guild have to wait for the merge to keep their Guild and Guild Bank?

- Do people stay in the guild when moved with the Transfer or with the Merge?

- Are servers, mainly the Harbinger, capable of taking on the influx of people. I ask this due to the talk of it being the most unstable server.

- If you decide to transfer your characters half to one server and half to another server (half to a pvp server and half to a pve server for example) do they keep their legacy level/unlocks/reputation on both servers or do they only get to keep their legacy on one of the servers they choose?

Thanks for your time.

Interested about the Character names and Guilds as well!

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

Nicely handled by Bioware, IMO. The ability to transfer to any other SWTOR server is an excellent thing, especially for customers who have been waiting so long to get and answer and have freedom to move to any server.

And once again.. props to Eric for communicating to the players. I know some will takes shots about how long it took, but I admire Eric for communicating, and doing so in the face of blaster bolts spraying his chest no matter what he communicates and when. :)

Edited by Andryah

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

please please delay this i need more time to prepare my self

Regarding Character Slots will I have to delete 3 of my characters on my main server to be able to transfer the ones that I want over or will they automatically unlock character slots when I transfer them over?

Depends on how many you have...

You get 12 slots automatically, and can buy 10 more for total of 22. You won't get any slot increase over 12 without buying them. Account wide character slots are available on the GTN, more reasonably priced on American and Euro servers than the wasteland of APAC's GTN.

so send your richest toon to the server first and buy your slots. :)

I sincerely hope you are joking. People have been asking for this for months and now you need it pushed back? Is your front door torch and pitchfork proof? Cause if it does get delayed, you can count on a few thousand visitors. :)

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5268

Character transfer FAQ from the transfers last year. I'd imagine the name policies will not change much if at all from that, but hopefully BW will update the FAQ if they do.

Your FAQ was for the very first "transfer", and much changed by the last one in the fall. For example: Names were retained if you were active on yours, and the other toon with the same name was not at all for a significant period, and the account associated with it was also inactive for a long period of time. Various other factors added in to this, can't recall them all. (an interesting tidbit: I had one name I absolutely started to detest(toon was level 30 or so), so I set-up a place holder on my soon to be destination server, in the full expectation that my higher level toon would get a name change, didn't happen, still got that ugly name...sigh).

Wish we could get an up-to-date FAQ on:

1. names

2. guilds

3. legacy

Edited by Roalmo

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

This just really shows that it is all about the money. If your allowing transfers anywhere why not let us trial our super server? The answer is simple, they don't want to pay for these servers. Have they ever advertised the game in this region to attract more players? Offered transfers for players on other server back to APAC servers? With the way this region was treated from the very beginning I'm surprised we even got the servers here.

I know for those players not in Australia or New Zealand they will see improvements in their ping and I would not deny any one that opportunity but there is so much they could have done to improve things without killing the servers. I really love this game, I hope this forced merger does not ruin that!

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

This is garbage, APAC has been given 3 transfers now.... everyone else has been given 1. This is not fair at all, you better have plans to give subscribers at least 1 free transfer when 2.2 goes live, many other new MMO's and others in Beta are looking very tempting.

Dude... I hope for your sake you are wearing a fire proof suit. :p

Besides... they open it on June 4. That is not your deadline to move you know. ;)

This is garbage, APAC has been given 3 transfers now.... everyone else has been given 1. This is not fair at all, you better have plans to give subscribers at least 1 free transfer when 2.2 goes live, many other new MMO's and others in Beta are looking very tempting.

:rolleyes: This thread is not about you.

Go start your own thread if you got a thorn in your toe... leave the APAC thread alone. They have been wanting remedy for a long time now (even if they don't all agree on which remedy).