BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

Hi guys,

some posts earlier someone said, it would be enough to just focus on the real emperor ignore the clones, interrupt as many casts as you can and put out damage at maximum.

I did try this without using any LoS tricks and it worked in the first attempt.

My T7 is equipped with level 7-11 parts and that really does not matter at all. My sentinel is level 50 (3/7/31) with blue equipment ranging from 48 to 50. I used one medkit but no stims or other stuff.

The clones do not deal much damage to you. If you interrupt the casts of the real emperor and use all your skills to do as much damage as you can the emperor is down very fast. Afterwards you can finish the still standing clones and finish the quest.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to do it in the level 40 PVP Defense Guardian set, so either you are all incredibly poorly geared or just ****.

Yeah thats a completely accurate statement... because All the different bugs the fight has couldn't have anything to do with it...

I was getting my butt handed to me in this fight, but then I listened to the advice of others on the forums.......

Ignore the clones and just go to town beating on the Emperor. Interrupt his Force Blast and profit ;)

Extremely frustrating fight until I learned that you just have to avoid or interrupt the Emperors Force Blast attack. Its the one that can one shot you. All other damage including the clones is workable. The chest was bugged for me, so I played as if T7 wasn't there.

If you can't withstand the damage for whatever reason, then you have to use LOS techniques. Try hiding behind a pillar at the top of the stairs, so you aren't surrounded. Some will come at you in melee range while others try and distance you. Easier to dispatch the few and interrupt the Emperor this way. You can jump down behind the pillar and run back around up the stairs when things get tough or your interrupts are on cd.

L50 Vigilance Guardian in Shien form with a might stim.

Edited by Taent

Hi guys,

some posts earlier someone said, it would be enough to just focus on the real emperor ignore the clones, interrupt as many casts as you can and put out damage at maximum.

I did try this without using any LoS tricks and it worked in the first attempt.

My T7 is equipped with level 7-11 parts and that really does not matter at all. My sentinel is level 50 (3/7/31) with blue equipment ranging from 48 to 50. I used one medkit but no stims or other stuff.

The clones do not deal much damage to you. If you interrupt the casts of the real emperor and use all your skills to do as much damage as you can the emperor is down very fast. Afterwards you can finish the still standing clones and finish the quest.

Definitely do this. After failing this mserably at least 6 or 7 times I just went to town on the real emp and got it done 1st try. 30/11/0 guardian with decently modded orange gear across the board.

All of you are talking about a fight that never happened for me. Extremely anti-climatic figthing for 1 second, then seeing the guy sitting on his throne defeated...

Did this 2 days ago

Edited by BroderTuck

So I finally got around to finishing off the Jedi Knight class quest this evening and... I'm kind of with those who don't really see what the issue is. I deliberately didn't read any guides or tips before hand because I wanted a bit of a challenge. Here is what happened:

Attempt 1: Went and lost the 'real' Emperor amongst all of his clones, eventually found him and managed to beat him down when suddenly I died and had a bit of a ***? moment (I'd been on 10k health.)

Attempt 2: This time I didn't lose the real target and just focused on him, it was all going swimmingly until I suddenly died again (missed an interrupt due to a KB.)

Attempt 3: This time I managed to stick on him like glue and took him down with about 50% health remaining and without using any Cooldowns.

It really is quite an easy fight once you figure out that you need to ignore the clones and not miss any interrupts. Fortunately PVP means that I've become pretty good at keeping casters locked down and I found this fight much less challenging than facing off against a healer+tank pairing.

For the record, I'm a Defense Guardian in pretty decent gear (mix of blue and purple Level 48-50) and as soon as I discovered I'd need to use T7 I popped back to the fleet and upgraded his mods and gave him a new Blaster Pistol (Orange but with Blue 50 mods.)

So I finally got around to finishing off the Jedi Knight class quest this evening and... I'm kind of with those who don't really see what the issue is. I deliberately didn't read any guides or tips before hand because I wanted a bit of a challenge. Here is what happened:

Attempt 1: Went and lost the 'real' Emperor amongst all of his clones, eventually found him and managed to beat him down when suddenly I died and had a bit of a ***? moment (I'd been on 10k health.)

Attempt 2: This time I didn't lose the real target and just focused on him, it was all going swimmingly until I suddenly died again (missed an interrupt due to a KB.)

Attempt 3: This time I managed to stick on him like glue and took him down with about 50% health remaining and without using any Cooldowns.

It really is quite an easy fight once you figure out that you need to ignore the clones and not miss any interrupts. Fortunately PVP means that I've become pretty good at keeping casters locked down and I found this fight much less challenging than facing off against a healer+tank pairing.

For the record, I'm a Defense Guardian in pretty decent gear (mix of blue and purple Level 48-50) and as soon as I discovered I'd need to use T7 I popped back to the fleet and upgraded his mods and gave him a new Blaster Pistol (Orange but with Blue 50 mods.)

Agreed Its a pretty standard Boss fight when its Not broken... Unfortunately It seems to be majorly bugged For A LOT of people... After Two resets it finally fixed itself for me... beat him on the "first try" once it "un-bugged" itself.

Even after keeping him locked down with interrupts he was down to almost no health left and I was still blasted away by his Death attack. It didn't even show that he was using the ability and then it randomly happened...

It can be easy to miss. But the positive note is that you nearly had him. If you can get him down to near death than you seem like you have the fight down. Just a matter of time before you get him.

For those who say the chest doesn't open please note the bug that causes that can also cause the one hit kill to be impossible to stop. I died a lot to that before giving up and quitting the game on returning:

a)the chest opens

b)the Emperor went down on the first try. :o

Level 50 combat sentinel no PvP gear

tl;dr if you can't get the chest and the Emperor seems unbeatable it's a bug - quit the game reload and prepare to curse loudly as killing the dark council members on Correlia is a far more epic fight with frankly a better ending.

I, too, ignored the clones, and had no problems with Uncle Empie. This seems to be the trick of the fight. I had not read this thread and I'm not sure what made me ignore the clones... usually I go after all the minions before taking out a boss.

I think that if there had been less of them I might have done that. But in this case there were so many (I didn't count but there were a lot of them) that I guess my brain said, "They can't really expect me to fight all of those with an Elite pounding on me" and I ignored them.

Worked like a charm though.

The Guardian class quests from around level 26 on, especially the last one and the ones leading to it are way too hard compared to all other class quests. We were promised in beta that they would be made easier by Georg Zoeller (along with Guardians and Sentinels becoming stronger as they said they knew they were underperforming), but it never happened.

I'm not going to read the whole thread, so just in case someone hasn't mentioned it, there is a puzzle in the temple you can complete right before the boss fight that gives T7 lvl 50 gear. Bioware was aware that rarely would anyone use T7 after getting Kira so they helped us out. Come back and complain about the fight being too hard AFTER solving the puzzle, then we'll talk.

Except that when you solve the puzzle you can't get the chest unless you go all the way back to Kaas city where you landed while starting the quest. Then reset the phase and fight your way through the whole thing to the temple. Then the chest is lootable.

But the fun part is when I'm going the fight the emperor I fail pretty fast the first time. But the second time after that I use saber throw and I'm about to charge at him when he is defeated. One hit kill! And I just need to speak to him and the quest is over. They really need to fix that!

Still 4 months on, I cannot unlock the chest, and it is needed :( Why is this not fixed?

And if you read the thread, it's fixed by queueing for a Warzone, then you can open it when you get back. Yes, it should be fixed to work like it's supposed to, but don't say you can't open it.

Ok... Here is the Thing, many People who have the "T7 Bug" ALSO have the "Instant-death bug"

The Instant Death bug allows the Emperor To Use his "Force Blast" ability WITHOUT a cast bar, the red glowing animation OR a cool down... which Means Even a successful interrupt or LOS dodge does not mean you're safe. As You may go flying across the room and die with no warning.

I encountered Both Bugs which was a huge problem For me... I left the Instance, Ran some space mission to recover the credits I burnt trying to Finish a bugged mission... Then returned to the instance Fresh... This Fixed the "T7 bug" and The "instant Death bug". I was able to beat Him on the First attempt(after the restart)

It sucks that you may have to restart the instance Or the entire quest to get it working... but When It works its a pretty straight-forward fight...

Anyway, Leaving and re-entering the Instance seems to work for most... its annoying, but it works for now... Hope that helps anyone who is still having trouble.

No question about it... they need to fix the bugs.

However, I enjoyed the fight. Geared up T7 prior to it. Went in with a strategy. Knew I had to kil him before the kill shot. Managed it in one try. Had I gone in cold... well... I'm not sure I would be as complimentary.

I was able to do it in 3 attempts, but I also knew what happens from beta (It took me a long time in beta to actually do it however). The biggest part of that was knowing I had to use T7 so I accummulated gear for him as I leveled. I'm specifically not spoilering that because it's absolutely obnoxious that we're required to use a specific companion that we may not have touched since maybe level 15. There's no indication whatsoever until you're halfway through with this quest that this is going to be the case (or if there is, it's so subtle it's very easy to miss).

I agree. I refuse to use this particular companion since he is so annoying. Being forced to use ANY companion as such IMHO is less than desireable. The final fight should be well enough written so that each companion has its strong points, and weaknesses. As such, finding the strength of that companion should help with victory AND if the last battle were really on top of it, should even make good on such personal options as strong relationships with certain companions .... all of which would REALLY make for one spectacular ending ...

just my opinion ...[shrugs] but then again ... I'm just some old dude with some crazy ideas anyways !

:D

I agree. I refuse to use this particular companion since he is so annoying. Being forced to use ANY companion as such IMHO is less than desireable. The final fight should be well enough written so that each companion has its strong points, and weaknesses. As such, finding the strength of that companion should help with victory AND if the last battle were really on top of it, should even make good on such personal options as strong relationships with certain companions .... all of which would REALLY make for one spectacular ending ...

just my opinion ...[shrugs] but then again ... I'm just some old dude with some crazy ideas anyways !

:D

The Point Is the Companion is not really part Of the Fight... Story wise he is the Only non-organic Crew member capable of resisting the Emperor AND has the ability to take down the shield to allow you into the Chamber...which is why you need him... So far makes sense...And YOU are the Only "organic" who can withstand the emperor... its YOUR job to take him down and Yours alone...SO Now from a game-play stance Once the fight Begins even Fully Geared T7 is not much of a factor since he dies quickly anyway... The best way to approach this is as a Solo Fight With No companion... that way any help T7 provides is just a bonus, and You won't miss it when he goes down quickly. On another Note, This is not the Only fight that forces you to use a specific companion... for what ever "story" reason they have. This is just the Only one that seems to upset people.

The Only real issue with this Fight is How Bugged it is... When working properly its not a problem, it makes sense and it is pretty straight forward.

Some of you may think this is good news, but trust me, it is so not:

When I did my fight, T7 was heavily geared and Im was at level 50, the fight begins and in basically three ability uses; stasis, zealous and a kick- he died. I three shot killed him. After reading all about how hard it was, ready to wrap up my class quest and bam, it was over in maybe a minute. Come to find out, its a rare bug. Im a big fan of most of this game but BW's response, I was SO upset, was just about as bad as it could get. I mean the email they sent me was all friendly, but what they did made it so much worse- they gave me a free week. SO me losing forever, a moment Ive been working on for three months is worth about $3.75 to them. BW has done a ton right with the game and I suspect it will only get better. But there are times when BW OVER THE TOP blows it. To have your final class quest bugged at all, crazy hard or a 3 shot kill, to compensate for such a horrible experience on the battle we all care about the most, with $3.75? I mean, seriously? Everybody who has been effected should either get a chance to play it over when they fix it or get something rather epic for throwing away our moment. A credit barely large enough to buy some french fries- a very sad horrible response