Come see The Old Republic at PAX East!

DavidBass

It's time for the beginning of the 2012 convention season, which kicks off with PAX East in Boston next week. Since this is our first major convention post-launch, we wanted to share with you some of our plans for the event.

Playable Demos

We'll be bringing Game Update 1.2 with us to the show, so for those of you who have been unable to check it out on the Public Test Server, this will be a great opportunity to see the new customizable User Interface, Legacy, and more.

We'll also have The Old Republic's Razer peripherals at each computer. If you haven't had a chance to see the keyboard, mouse, and headset in action, this will be your opportunity to come check them out and play with them!

Community Lounge

We're premiering our Community Lounge for the first time this year, an area of the booth for players of The Old Republic to hang out and socialize with developers, other players, and the Community team throughout the weekend. Stop by our registration desk, grab a name badge, and meet your fellow Republic and Empire fans!

New Warzone: Novare Coast

We'll have a signup sheet for anyone who comes by and wants to put a team together to face off in the new Novare Coast Warzone. Prizes await the winners!

Exclusive In-Game Mini-Pet: Tauntaun Fawn

For the first time ever, fans who visit our booth will be able to pick up a code redeemable for a tauntaun mini-pet in-game. These special black and white tauntauns are only available by coming to one of our events, so check out the Events page for more information about where we'll be this year.

Community Meet & Greet

The Meet & Greet will take place at the BioWare Base inside the PAX convention center (Room 105). Here are the details:

Date: Saturday, April 7th

Time: 8:00PM -11:00PM

Location: Room 105 in the Boston Exhibiton & Convention Center (e.g. the BioWare Base)

What: Meet the developers of The Old Republic, grab some drinks, and hang out with the rest of the SW:TOR community!

You will need a PAX badge to get into the convention center, but the room itself is open to all PAX attendees. We hope to see you there!

MMORPG.com panel: The Future of Online Gaming

James Ohlen, Game Director, will be appearing on MMORPG.com's panel on Friday evening at 6PM in the Main Theater, to discuss where the MMO genre is heading in the next ten years. Attendees will be able to ask questions directly to the panelists, so come prepared!

We're really excited for this first opportunity to spend time with players of the game in-person, and we can't wait to see you in Boston!

Edited by DavidBass
Razer update!

wish I could go to PAX.

Please tell me you are planning some similar awesome stuff for E3 this year. The community lounge and tauntaun pet sound especially nice. =)

I waited for 4 hours over 3 days to play the game 3 times last year and plan to do the same if you'll have awesome stuff/events for us.

the meetup was awesome last year too.

EDIT: just re-read the post.

These special black and white tauntauns are only available by coming to one of our events

YAY!!! :D

Edited by Cmdluke

The registration for the community lounge and stuff is all of that going to be around the Bioware Base?

No, we're not part of the BioWare Base. The Old Republic can be found at Booths 212 and 312 on the main PAX showfloor. The BioWare Base is located outside the main hall, in Room 105.

So 1.2 will not go live until sometime after PAX.

The event is from April 6-8 I believe.

Should we expect 1.2 to go live the week after, or will it be later than that?

actually by suggesting that you can face off against their team at PAX they will probably be releasing 1.2 before then, as most people don't have characters on the PTS, and they aren't gonna make you play a class/build you are unfamiliar with.

It would be nice if you could make the Exclusive In-Game Mini-Pet: Tauntaun Fawn, purchasable for all the rest of us who cant attend, due to distance / time / money constraints. Ect.

I'm sure its not just me who loves collecting pets, but I can assure you there are a few "Completists" out there who would love to be able to pay for the opportunity to get this pet too. £10 a pet would be a decent price.

Doing this not only makes a lott of your customers happy, it still gives your PAX visitors a free pet, allows others to not get behind on the pet collection AND earns you £10 per pet sold.

If you're still adament that the PAX visitors feel more "Unique" just make a second colour skin for the purchased version to show the difference.

actually by suggesting that you can face off against their team at PAX they will probably be releasing 1.2 before then, as most people don't have characters on the PTS, and they aren't gonna make you play a class/build you are unfamiliar with.

From the way it's worded in the OP it doesn't sound like 1.2 will be released before this event.

We'll be bringing Game Update 1.2 with us to the show, so for those of you who have been unable to check it out on the Public Test Server, this will be a great opportunity to see the new customizable User Interface, Legacy, and more.

The bold part is the part I am going by.

Im very happy that swtor is going to pax and hope to be watching a stream of it and all the info that shall come out of it BUT i am wondering if any uk dates are being set as i would really love to goto a uk show that swtor is at.

I had a great time last year going to the shows and meeting the peeps from bioware and seeing what they were doing with the game.

April 3rd maintenence has been announced sans a patch. April 10th is currently earliest possible date for 1.2

So I looked over your event pages an I've gotta say. No Canadian Events? I live in Canada and I certainly can't take my 1 weeks action to go to the states. I want to see an experience it all too! An I want my TaunTaun! Yet you say only those that come to your events get them. I WANT ONE TOO! Please hold an event in Canada...specifically Toronto, Canada ^_^ closest to my area.

The Meet & Greet will take place at the BioWare Base inside the PAX convention center (Room 105). Here are the details:

Date: Saturday, April 7th

Time: 8:00PM -11:00PM

Location: Room 105 in the Boston Exhibiton & Convention Center (e.g. the BioWare Base)

What: Meet the developers of The Old Republic, grab some drinks, and hang out with the rest of the SW:TOR community!

You will need a PAX badge to get into the convention center, but the room itself is open to all PAX attendees. We hope to see you there!