Pros and Cons of showing q count for group and solo ranked.

Going

Interested in hearing different perspectives on this.

I think it would be nice to see the count in solos for one. Seeing the count and knowing if I should q or not would be better than hoping people are in q. Metrics are good imo.

I think it would be nice to see the count in solos for one. Seeing the count and knowing if I should q or not would be better than hoping people are in q. Metrics are good imo.

Could go as far as showing the individual number of dps, tank, and heals

Here, --select Count(*) from q-- :rak_03:

Edited by Going

• I think we ought to be able to know how many players are in queue or are in matches.

• I would like to know if there are heals and tanks in queue, but that would be very easily abused.

I think the risk (of abuse) vs. reward (of knowing whether to bother Qing) for the first option is worth it. plus, if I play a match and of the 8 players, I'm the dead weight, I'm not going to keep weighing down every game. but if I know there are like 15-16 players in the queue, I'll at least give it a shot a couple more times to see if there are possibly more balanced match-ups.

right now, the biggest issues are

1. can't /who the opposite faction, and...
  2. can't /who search madolorian ring.

fix 1 and 2, and you don't need any of that fancy specific stuff.

There is a risk that if people see too few in queue, they won't bother queueing, and then the queue will never pop. It seems as though you are looking at this from a selfish perspective, not one that considers the health of the queue, unless you think your suggestion would increase the number of people queueing, which seems unlikely to me.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

• I think we ought to be able to know how many players are in queue or are in matches.

• I would like to know if there are heals and tanks in queue, but that would be very easily abused.

I think the risk (of abuse) vs. reward (of knowing whether to bother Qing) for the first option is worth it. plus, if I play a match and of the 8 players, I'm the dead weight, I'm not going to keep weighing down every game. but if I know there are like 15-16 players in the queue, I'll at least give it a shot a couple more times to see if there are possibly more balanced match-ups.

right now, the biggest issues are

1. can't /who the opposite faction, and...
  2. can't /who search madolorian ring.

fix 1 and 2, and you don't need any of that fancy specific stuff.

Explain the abuse scenarios for seeing how many heals and tanks are in q please. Curious about that.

The only issue would be that a count of both factions would be the only efficient way of doing it, and i'm not so sure they have the logic in place for that? Maybe they do, idk.

There is a risk that if people see too few in queue, they won't bother queueing, and then the queue will never pop. It seems as though you are looking at this from a selfish perspective, not one that considers the health of the queue, unless you think your suggestion would increase the number of people queueing, which seems unlikely to me.

It's not very selfish if it benefits every individual. But whether it does or not is something i'm trying to determine.

It's not very selfish if it benefits every individual. But whether it does or not is something i'm trying to determine.

Not trying to be accusatory. If you think your suggestion would lead to more people queueing, I'd like to hear what that would look like, because to me, I can only imagine that it would lead to less people queueing. There are definitely times when people queue not knowing how many are queueing, and they stay queued for awhile, and maybe enough people do that, and it pops. But if everyone sees only 2 people in queue, now they're not going to bother to queue and nothing will pop. So I'm just not seeing the benefit, other than for the individual that will know to not bother queueing.

And if you think that's good for everyone, what about the 2 people sitting in queue patiently just wanting to play ranked games? And the fact that overall less ranked games will pop (assuming my reasoning is right). I don't know, unless I'm missing something, I think it's a bad idea.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Not trying to be accusatory. If you think your suggestion would lead to more people queueing, I'd like to hear what that would look like, because to me, I can only imagine that it would lead to less people queueing. There are definitely times when people queue not knowing how many are queueing, and they stay queued for awhile, and maybe enough people do that, and it pops. But if everyone sees only 2 people in queue, now they're not going to bother to queue and nothing will pop. So I'm just not seeing the benefit, other than for the individual that will know to not bother queueing.

And if you think that's good for everyone, what about the 2 people sitting in queue patiently just wanting to play ranked games? And the fact that overall less ranked games will pop (assuming my reasoning is right). I don't know, unless I'm missing something, I think it's a bad idea.

This is the type of feedback I want to see.

The alternative is there aren’t enough people in the queue and you sit there for an hour when you could be doing something else.

It’s a catch-22 situation.

What they could do is put an average wait time indicator. Many other pvp based games do this.

Explain the abuse scenarios for seeing how many heals and tanks are in q please. Curious about that.

The only issue would be that a count of both factions would be the only efficient way of doing it, and i'm not so sure they have the logic in place for that? Maybe they do, idk.

it's easy to find out if only one tank is in q and avoid him or farm him. that just makes turning the q into healer/tank roulette easier. you can't really do that with dps. you can avoid dps but you can't farm them the way you can a tank or healer.

Edited by foxmob