World First Renown 999?

lordoftransform

[Large and sad attempt to play y the "what about this" false comparison game, ignored

sorry, not interested in playing playing children's games with forum trolls... time to see if the forum ignore feature actually works as advertised... thanks for reminding me to check that

ETA:

It does work.... thanks bioware!

Edited by Void_Singer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . but it does matter to an OCD achievement hunter such as myself. I did this and posted it because I could.

You have cemented the conclusion there is no benefit to grinding Renown 999. This ironclad conclusion is essentially a law of physics at this point. Being an "OCD achievement hunter" is fine, but it is not a benefit to Renown 999. Rather, it is a statement about your personal issues with dopamine addiction. The more you grind, the more dopamine spikes you get and the more you feed like a frenzied vampire. Your personal addiction issues are not anyone's business but they are acknowledged as a reason for your grind.

Saying you did something "because I could" is a statement that says nothing at all. Every living organism on Earth does things "because they can". i.e., You eat bacon because you can. You voted for Trump because you can. You went to the toilet because you can. Ants crawl because they can. Means absolutely nothing, other than to illustrate further there is no benefit to grinding Renown 999.

You have cemented the conclusion there is no benefit to grinding Renown 999. This ironclad conclusion is essentially a law of physics at this point. Being an "OCD achievement hunter" is fine, but it is not a benefit to Renown 999. Rather, it is a statement about your personal issues with dopamine addiction. The more you grind, the more dopamine spikes you get and the more you feed like a frenzied vampire. Your personal addiction issues are not anyone's business but they are acknowledged as a reason for your grind.

Saying you did something "because I could" is a statement that says nothing at all. Every living organism on Earth does things "because they can". i.e., You eat bacon because you can. You voted for Trump because you can. You went to the toilet because you can. Ants crawl because they can. Means absolutely nothing, other than to illustrate further there is no benefit to grinding Renown 999.

Lol, you're missing the point. I never made an argument 999 has any intrinsic benefit, it doesn't unless you count the many gear drops and fragments along the way. When I say "because I could", it literally just means, because I could. I played a video game, set a goal, and had fun, thats all there is to it. What point do you even want to make or counter me with when I simply haven't tried to make any persuasive arguments?

This has honestly been so fun to watch over these past few days. Obviously achieving this doesn't have the same level of significance as say, Destruction Incarnate, but it does matter to an OCD achievement hunter such as myself. I did this and posted it because I could. Good day everyone :)

Well looking at the way you have reached this rank, you clearly used an exploit in the game. Sure, it took you a long time anyway, but that exploit was now removed and all the other achievement hunters will have to grind it the normal way, so you kinda cheated :)

Well looking at the way you have reached this rank, you clearly used an exploit in the game. Sure, it took you a long time anyway, but that exploit was now removed and all the other achievement hunters will have to grind it the normal way, so you kinda cheated :)

And I hope everyone has fun getting to 999 before the reset :)

So no benefit whatsoever. No extra powers or better stats. Crates and tech frags you get anyway by grinding, they are not a reward for reaching lvl 999. Also, bragging rights are nonexistent because there is no skill involved to get to 999 (unlike some of the OPS or pvp). Simply mindless stealth runs and Hammer Station.

and its not mindless hammer station runs it was prob Umbara grind. But anyway good job OP!!

Edited by Leadplayer

and its not mindless hammer station runs it was prob Umbara grind. But anyway good job OP!!

Um. Grinding only turrets then resetting is even more mindless than Hammer Station runs. In fact, grinding only turrets may be the pinnacle of mindlessness. The absolute apex of peak mindlessness.

Um. Grinding only turrets then resetting is even more mindless than Hammer Station runs. In fact, grinding only turrets may be the pinnacle of mindlessness. The absolute apex of peak mindlessness.

Not sure why people always have to put others down like their opinion on the matter means so much. The OP did something he wanted to and shared his achievement, but lets just put him down lmao.

Not sure why people always have to put others down like their opinion on the matter means so much. The OP did something he wanted to and shared his achievement, but lets just put him down lmao.

The thing is that he used an exploit for it, it shouldnt really count imho.

• 3 months later...
The thing is that he used an exploit for it, it shouldnt really count imho.

unintended consequences are NOT exploits.

Repeating intended actions because they are more rewarding is the definition of gaming, regardless of whether or not the action is intended to be repeated. Unless repetition is strictly blocked, and they are somehow getting around that block (not the case here) it can't be called an exploit.

abusing the system? sure, but that's it.

abusing the system? sure, but that's it.

The thing is that Devs said this was a bug and also fixed it. For me to exploit means making use of a situation in a way considered unfair. Thats what they did. I did it the normal grind way, not that unfair way, thats the point.

The thing is that Devs said this was a bug and also fixed it. For me to exploit means making use of a situation in a way considered unfair. Thats what they did. I did it the normal grind way, not that unfair way, thats the point.

This has seriously been bothering you since November, hasn't it?

Don't be too sad, you will forever be the first player who reached a 100% achievement completion level, aren't you?

This has seriously been bothering you since November, hasn't it?

Don't be too sad, you will forever be the first player who reached a 100% achievement completion level, aren't you?

Its not about reaching it first, but reaching it in a proper manner. What bothered me was that when I achieved some stuff in a an unfair way that was taken from me and I had to do it again properly. Seems that doesnt go anymore.

Its not about reaching it first, but reaching it in a proper manner. What bothered me was that when I achieved some stuff in a an unfair way that was taken from me and I had to do it again properly. Seems that doesnt go anymore.

I think you might just be mad you couldn't bot or buy your way into this one heh.

• 7 months later...
Hundreds of people I expect

it depends on the people, personally (and I mean in MY opinion, not others, no disrespect to others) I don't think it's worth doing. I mean if you play a char long enough, you might ding it. But to purposely grind for it seems a waste. It doesn't really give you much.

So, did anyone else reach renown 999 yet, except Merojevic and lordoftransform?

I reached 999 - but unfortunately only combined on my eight 1st gen chars. :p

At least "everybody knows my name" now. ;)

Reaching 999 Renown is worth less than nothing.

It's only for bragging rights. Allot like "I see your Shwarts is as big as mine"