Just like Black Talon and Esseles, all (or most) flashpoints should have a two-man mode. This would allow a smaller group of people, namely two, to complete flashpoints. Hard-mode would still be 4 man, but the 2 man mode would allow for more of a story-feel to it, as its a small strike team, with their companions, completing dangerous assignments. Thoughts? Critique? (constructive please ;))

Thanks!

I already 2 man flashpoints with my fiance. We have been doing that for months and people already posted guides on how to do it. Colicoid war games I have not tried to do 4 man yet, since they have a few 4 man sections. If you repeat flashpoints you can get gear for your companions, making the game much easier. This is nothing new, do you have a partner you have tried this out with yet?

Just like Black Talon and Esseles, all (or most) flashpoints should have a two-man mode. This would allow a smaller group of people, namely two, to complete flashpoints. Hard-mode would still be 4 man, but the 2 man mode would allow for more of a story-feel to it, as its a small strike team, with their companions, completing dangerous assignments. Thoughts? Critique? (constructive please ;))

Thanks!

I am all for more options.

So I would like to see this (since currently it is harder to get a full group than just snagging one person).

That said, beware of people that will decry your idea as "catering" to solo/casual and being community (what community servers are basically dead) destroying. :eek:

I have, but I havn't tried any of the higher ones. After trying Hammer Station (me healing and my friend a tank), actually got a group to do it, but we couldn't even get to the first boss. Later we tried athiss, but with no more success. I had assumed, unless you are far over the content level (5+) that 2 manning it is rather out of the question.

To the casual haters, errr *cough cough* I mean hard-mode addicts, I would use the idea that this is more of a truer to story type of flashpoint. No one would expect a sith, who travels everywhere with his dashade, to have to leave him behind on a dangerous mission.

EDIT: no hard feelings hard-mode addicts ;)

Edited by Kraavick

It actually makes more sense in this game, since you have companions to help you out. 2 man, but with 1 companions. SWTOR seems like it was built for this option.

BW should consider making 2 man flashpoints that are story focused more like Black Talon and the Esseles.

It actually makes more sense in this game, since you have companions to help you out. 2 man, but with 1 companions. SWTOR seems like it was built for this option.

BW should consider making 2 man flashpoints that are story focused more like Black Talon and the Esseles.

Precisely, I definitely hope BW implements this sometime in the future.

I would say the game is easy enough, which is at least partly responsible for the exodus of people.

My vote doesn't count, but I would vote for anything which increases the overall number of players, so 4-manning an instance is more easily started.

I have, but I havn't tried any of the higher ones. After trying Hammer Station (me healing and my friend a tank), actually got a group to do it, but we couldn't even get to the first boss. Later we tried athiss, but with no more success. I had assumed, unless you are far over the content level (5+) that 2 manning it is rather out of the question.

Most of the time, 3 manning is out of the question. It can be done, but it's hard, and requires a lot of strategy.

Overall I would disagree with the "easy enough" point of view for this game, but that's a tale for another thread. Two manning it just seems to flow better, with how companions were done in this game.

Most of the time, 3 manning is out of the question. It can be done, but it's hard, and requires a lot of strategy.

Yeah, we had successfully 3 manned a run once, can't remember which, but said person who was tank was also 7 levels above the content, and was doin it to help us out.

I would say the game is easy enough, which is at least partly responsible for the exodus of people.

My vote doesn't count, but I would vote for anything which increases the overall number of players, so 4-manning an instance is more easily started.

It's not really about it being easy, it's about accessibility. I don't find this game any harder, or any easier than any other MMO I've played. But to be fair, I haven't done any Operations yet.

I would say, up to 50, this game is about the same difficulty as wo- err... *cough* the game which shall not be named on forums. But then at 50, its either get a full group of people to help/carry the newly 50 person through hardmode, ot do dailies all day every day. A two man flashpoint on regular difficulty could help immensely, as getting gear through 2 mans and then being ready for the next step, ie 4-man hardmodes.

Also, just thought of something, said 2-man flashpoints should have the same level gear drop as the corresponding 4-man. The level of difficulty is not changed per se, just the amount of players in the group. Just like changing operations from 16 to 8 man.

My brother and I have been duoing FP's for a bit now. Just complete Atthis(sp?) with a 22 Jedi Guardian and 24 Consular Healer.

I used my willpower DPS pet, he uses his lizard tank.

Its not difficult if you have a good duo of classes. We found (surprise surprise) a true tank and true healer using pets for DPS work best so far.

Going to run Atthiss a few more times and then move to Mando raiders next but we have been completing them within 2+ levels max of the suggested level for the zone.

Not easy but not impossible either.

Edited by Saurakk

But still, a specific two man mode would be nice, with features to prevent more than two going in (like how they prevent more than 4 going in normal flashpoints). It would serve several purposes, one that its more of te story feel, that it would help people at max level gear easier, and if people dont want to group with 2 random people, as is often the case. Edited by Kraavick

I think a 2 man mode would be great for people who play on low pop servers, or at off peak times. If nothing else, just as option.

But honestly, it's not necessary. All of the Heroics can be 2 manned by the right group composition. All of the story mode FP can be 2 manned, before you're out of experience gaining territory. And the HM FP's can be 3 manned just fine, even by undergeared players.

For all the effort it would take for them to create a 2 man mode, I think I'd rather see some new 2 man FP introduced.

Most of them can be two manned but it pretty much limits you to have a tank + healer as your two. You sure won't be two manning anything besides BT at the appropriate level as 2 DPS.

What they really should have is a solo mode with loot scaled appropriately (BT can be soloed at 2+ level for most classes) and call that story mode, so that you might actually know why is Darth Malgus significant to the story by the time you met him after chapter 3 of your story. The canonical story seems to assume your character helped him take the Foundry but I'd bet at least half of the players never did Foundry before they met Darth Malgus.