For the people who want a group finder

zombiekitty

Why do people never leave a lfg comment on there message thing. It's beyond me. This is Almost a group finder in itself.

People are stuck in the old ways and are afraid of change the system BW is using atm is kinda like the FFXI system which has worked fine going on almost 10 years. I always try to use it when i need it but i dont think people should complain about a game needing a group finder thats what MMOs are all about being social and talking to each other. With time when people stop pouting about making it different they will start to use it more until then its the occasional shout in general also idk why people complain about players shouting for a group in general its called general chat for a reason lol its there for anything. People dont leave comments because they think the flag is enough but if they made a comment it would help them get into groups much easier if people knew ahead of time what group they were looking for.

also not saying your complaining dont take it that way

Edited by DuranuLithdel

People don't use it because people don't use it. I'd assume most people flag themselves a couple of times only to notice that they never get a group from it, and then they stop. Anyone trying to make a group using it, notices that no one ever flags themselves.

All in all it's useless in its current state and a decade backwards in group finding technology/design.

Edited by Zironic

People don't use it because people don't use it. I'd assume most people flag themselves a couple of times only to notice that they never get a group from it, and then they stop. Anyone trying to make a group using it, notices that no one ever flags themselves.

Its not just gonna magically happen though people need to set their comments and be patient I usually try to invite people when i see they need something i need idk its probably because im used to the system from FFXI that i find it so easy i for one think it will work flawlessly once more people give it a chance

I remember in WoW when they had the same system TOR is using. For raids I would choose the raid i wanted to do, and people who wanted to do it would show up, along with tank,dps, or heal icons next to their name. I thought it worked fine, I actually kind of liked it, though it didn't completely get rid of LFG spam, it helped a lot.

Since people coming from WoW are so used to the LFD tool, I bet they aren't willing to spend the time with the LFG tool we have. It's too bad really. But I admit I don't use it either because whenever I do, I see NO ONE else using it. Which leads me back to LFG spam in general....