Whats with all the ERP lately?

acheros

Maybe its just me..But I've noticed a rise in ERP. It seems to be effecting the forums more then the servers but, odds are, at this very moment, this post is going to be surrounded by ERP topics....Some on top..Some on bottom....Its getting very, very hard...To enjoy the forums with it.

Yes, I know this is a community forum. and yes, I know its their right to do it if they want..In private at least. I've never had a problem with people ERPing. I have a problem with people doing it in public. Or even advertising it in public. I, personally, wouldn't have a single problem if BIOWARE set up an ERP sub-section of the forums, and everyone in game did it in guild(if they allow), party(if everyone else is okay with it), or private(if consensual) chat.

Eh, so there was a small spike today... the SOPA blackout has everyone a little frustrated, maybe....?

Besides, how would YOU feel if they blacked out TVTropes.com?

Bored, thats about it. I honestly hope they do just to further raise awareness.

I never minded people ERP'ing as long as I can't see it. People are people, not much you can do beyond requesting it doesn't go directly in your face.

Though as far as I know, posing sexual things like ERP on the forum is against the forum's rules, no?

So if you see it just press the report button, reckon that's the fastest way to be rid of it.

Depends on the ERP. Frankly I take pride in being able to write a toe-curling erotic scene without a single vulgar phrase.

There's smut, and then there's art.

I do find it odd people would complain about something they are more than capable of ignoring, however. Not that you'll ever see me getting my wiggle on in such a public space --I do value discretion-- but you'll never see me complain about it either.

ERP in the forums is really nothing to be offended over, though it does violate the rules of conduct.

To put the above post in perspective, if two characters talk about sex in public(without being unreasonably vulgar), then it's not ERP and it's not graphical in nature. That you can't have sex in public is one thing; that you must be prude is another.

I have no problem with ERP, as long as the people go out of their way to do it in private. Unless they're on on some sort of 'wild' streak I'm not sure they would post it on the forums.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't noticed the ERP on the forums, anyways.

Either way, the Living Force forbid we have another Moonguard Goldshire...

I'm thinking.... Coruscant, Old Market Place?

:jawa_tongue: "Hkeek nkulla!!!"

Seriously, no. That's the first decent cantina anyone can get to once they're off their starter worlds. I'm seriously hoping that Bioware comes down hard on any public ERP, anywhere, before it has a chance to take root.

If you want to get your freak on with someone, take it to whispers or party chat. If it's in a public channel, it should be reported as violating the TOS of the game, no question.

IDK what server/side you guys are playing on but I haven't seen anything even remotely resembling ERP in a public place. Am I missing out here or do you just have weird standards as far as what's ERP? :p /em gives a kiss hello is not ERP :p

This has just become a highly-derailed, lulzy thread. Try not to take it seriously. >_>

But honestly, poor Moon Guard. I suspect it was no different from any other WoW rp server. Anyone who thinks Goldshire is indicative of what a server is really like... probably needs their head examined. GS was where people rolled alts when their own servers were down, and mainly to troll roleplayers.

Disclaimer: I am *not* from Moon Guard, I simply know how such silly rumors get started.

This has just become a highly-derailed, lulzy thread. Try not to take it seriously. >_>

But honestly, poor Moon Guard. I suspect it was no different from any other WoW rp server. Anyone who thinks Goldshire is indicative of what a server is really like... probably needs their head examined. GS was where people rolled alts when their own servers were down, and mainly to troll roleplayers.

Disclaimer: I am *not* from Moon Guard, I simply know how such silly rumors get started.

Yeah, it wasn't much better on my RP server, most of the time. I was tempted to hop on my Horde character and ransack the place.

Either way, ERP isn't a bad thing if it isn't public. And, generally speaking, serious ERP isn't.

Just a simple protip here - your ship, or the hangar if your partner doesn't have their own ship yet. Just make sure they're of age.

It's instanced. Just saying.

... That said, I agree that this thread is hardly on-topic any more and we'd probably be best off letting the subject drop.

Maybe its just me..But I've noticed a rise in ERP. It seems to be effecting the forums more then the servers but, odds are, at this very moment, this post is going to be surrounded by ERP topics....Some on top..Some on bottom....Its getting very, very hard...To enjoy the forums with it.

Yes, I know this is a community forum. and yes, I know its their right to do it if they want..In private at least. I've never had a problem with people ERPing. I have a problem with people doing it in public. Or even advertising it in public. I, personally, wouldn't have a single problem if BIOWARE set up an ERP sub-section of the forums, and everyone in game did it in guild(if they allow), party(if everyone else is okay with it), or private(if consensual) chat.

WoW has Night Elves/Blood Elves.

Star Wars has Twi'lek, easy. People are excited by pixilated characters.

• 1 year later...