Where is our...

It does make you wonder...how hard is it to implement?

They knew about the need for Group Finder pretty much since Jan (thats when i joined, maybe before then even!). And then I guess they discussed whether itll be Cross-Server or not, and decided with Server-only after the large boost of population after server transfers and the increased server caps.

They were clearly shocked about the lack of the Ready Check in the Guild Summit waaay back then. I guess they just dont consider it a massive priority since we can manage without, but surely it shouldn't take this much time. Hell it better be in 1.4 :p

I never knew MoX Desktop Parser had one (Assumign thats what youre talking about), I guess I'll have to have a look at that.

At the moment, we can usually just tell when someone's not ready, but for amusement we've started our own ready check of everyone dancing :p And if anyone uses a disco-ball or anything to get people dancing without them pressing /dance, they get slapped! (Not really, but we tell them to stop ^^)

yes, they do :D its when you pop out the window and right click on the window and readycheck ison there. but you have to be leader. also i know they give us LFG but yet not a ready check, ITS NEEDED< we cant not be doing these ghetto ready checks anymore , what we do is ask everyone to mount up if they are ready, but even that is stressful, how hard is it to add "are you ready? <yes> <no>"

I guess i am old, but i always thought the ready checks in WoW were an annoying eye sore, that i felt like wasnt needed. I ran raids in eq1, and eq2 for years without and them and did fine... just required people to state they were back from afk, or say, "hey, i need a second before pull".

I guess i am old, but i always thought the ready checks in WoW were an annoying eye sore, that i felt like wasnt needed. I ran raids in eq1, and eq2 for years without and them and did fine... just required people to state they were back from afk, or say, "hey, i need a second before pull".

well, in raids after we are done talking about what went wrong, (assuming you raid) its stupid to keeping yelling, are you ready? , or to just dive in. you cannot assume everyone is ready, or type, most people will go AFK

also, i've been raiding in WoW since 40man raids. trust me even in 8mans we need ready checks.

also, i've been raiding in WoW since 40man raids. trust me even in 8mans we need ready checks.

If someone cant say hey i am going AFK before they afk, i rather not have them in the raid, since it is obvious they lack basic communication skills.

Where is our...

MINI GAMES?

*Pod-racing

*Pazaak

*Sabaak

ETC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORLD PvP!?

*Take Warhammer's Castle-Siege PvP system. Who cares? It's under EA games too...

*Give us an incentive to go and stay/camp at the Outlaw's Den...

*Give us some kind of fortress for a faction to capture that'll give us a server buff or something...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BW could be doing a million things right now. Sure I may not be a game developer and making the job sound easy..... but seriously Bioware, you have EA's resources. Do you even have resources anymore? I'm not even sure if it takes resources to implement mini-things, in-game hobbies, or complex incentives for world PvP into your MMO.

Just put some stuff for us to do! It doesnt have to be premium content! O_ o

Where is our...

MINI GAMES?

*Pod-racing

*Pazaak

*Sabaak

ETC

WORLD PvP!?

*Take Warhammer's Castle-Siege PvP system. Who cares? It's under EA games too...

*Give us some kind of fortress for a faction to capture that'll give us a server buff or something...

BW could be doing a million things right now. Sure I may not be a game developer and making the job sound easy..... but seriously Bioware, you have EA's resources. Do you even have resources anymore? I'm not even sure if it takes resources to implement mini-things, in-game hobbies, or complex incentives for world PvP into your MMO.

Comming soon to a cash shop near you!

Where is our...

MINI GAMES?

*Pod-racing

*Pazaak

*Sabaak

ETC

WORLD PvP!?

i would like pod racing..that would be fun!

so true. but the eqs had a higher skill and maturation level for its player base. you lose all of that with the wow clones. this is why it is needed.

wanting to know if you are ready with asking in chat or in vent, and have all 8 people say yes over each other, or count all the yes/ no in chat is a pain....ready check could be faster for boss pulls,

(ready check) if all ready it should tell the leader all is ready, if someone clicks no it should tell the leaders all is ready but (NAME) . i do not see how it made you feel un needed...

Edited by Black_reven

wanting to know if you are ready with asking in chat or in vent, and have all 8 people say yes over each other, or count all the yes/ no in chat is a pain....ready check could be faster for boss pulls,

(ready check) if all ready it should tell the leader all is ready, if someone clicks no it should tell the leaders all is ready but (NAME) . i do not see how it made you feel un needed...

Thanks for quoting the same post 3 different times trying to defend your argument against mine.

And by old school raider, i am use to people being ready 99% of the time, and if they are not... THEY STATE SO. I am use to raids where the leader doesnt ask if people are ready, but states the pull/start of the fight will happen in 5 seconds, after checking the chat to see if anyone said they had to AFK.

It is obvious that we are cut from two different pieces of cloth when it comes to raiding, and maybe my annoyance of ready check and the over use of it in pugs, is also stemmed from a general annoyance of playing with sub-par players.... who knows.

A simple... stand over by me when your ready... dont need a ready check if your in a raid have the decency to say when your going afk dont just say in teamspeak type it in chat. Its not hard, just means you cant just run away from your computer willy nilly

A simple... stand over by me when your ready... dont need a ready check if your in a raid have the decency to say when your going afk dont just say in teamspeak type it in chat. Its not hard, just means you cant just run away from your computer willy nilly

...teamspeak? pfft get out of here. VENT FTW aslo, why do we have to be unprofessional and without class to use such ghetto methods..."stand by me if you are ready.... .... .... .... .... ... ... server lag...are you next to me or are you afk... let me move over here to double check... ... .. oo okat" or /click readycheck... .. ready to go. "yay" that was fast..

Ready check would be nice, especially now that we are encouraged to queue with PuGs for SM operations. Even for guild operations, I'd appreciate this.

I'm not sure I understand the pushback against readycheck. Seems like a pretty uncontroversial quality of life feature: the arguments against it seem to be "I like to just assume people are ready because we are pros." Which is fine. But as a mediocre player on an RP server, I've seen more than my share of pulls minus 1+ players. This would help to alleviate some of the communication problems that naturally crop up when taking people through operations for the first or second time.

Two excellent methods mentioned in this thread:

1. Have everyone jump up and down. Non-jumpers are not ready.
  2. Have everyone stack on the raid leaders. People off by themselves are not ready.

Option 2 is probably best. I've seen it work very well in 16-man. Option 1 if you're feeling a little lazy.

Two excellent methods mentioned in this thread:

1. Have everyone jump up and down. Non-jumpers are not ready.
  2. Have everyone stack on the raid leaders. People off by themselves are not ready.

Option 2 is probably best. I've seen it work very well in 16-man. Option 1 if you're feeling a little lazy.

yea, we just mount up, and meh but my point is, why do we have to sink down to that ghetto work...why is it hard to add something so small , also if you use Mox dps meter it has a ready check only thing is it forces people out the current window, and a loading screen awaits when they jump back to swtor window... come on BIO give us READY CHECK. FIRE THE GUY OR GIRL who is on top of these things , he or she is doing awfully bad.