Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

An LFD would be fine as long as it was server only. LFD completely and utterly killed the community in WoW and made instance runs pretty much crap, because there was no consequence for rolling on someone elses stuff. If you pulled crap in a group of people all from your own server, you would be blackballed, and no one would run with you, and youw ould be forced to re-roll. That is how it is supposed to be. You should be held responsible for your actions in a group, and with X-Server LFD that was non-existent.

Already a LFG in place, it is the playerbases fault FOR NOT using it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason someone says no to this is because they are selfish rude bad people. I hate having to spend several hours looking for a group on my server due to the times that I play. People who say no LFG/LFD tell me tough luck buddy I don't care, I got my FP and raid done go screw yourself.

Pretty much. It isn't affecting them so they think it can't be an issue for anyone else either.

...or if it is they think they're antisocial, jerks, etc. Really is amazing if you think about it how they're incapable of realizing their personal experience on their server does not mean it is the same for everyone else.

Haha. Wow dude, did you have to walk through sleet and snow barefoot, too?

That must have sucked for you.

First you used "LMFAO" which was obnoxious, then followed it up describing him as "entitled" because he doesn't want to spam / be spammed by people in General chat.

I guess to people like you being inconvenienced builds character, and "LF2M TANK AND DPS BT" is not only fun to read 150 times, but really helps establish community.

I'm all about LFG tools. People that whine LFG tools are tools.

I've skipped about 70% of the Flashpoints in the game, with one Level 50 and a handful of level 30s simply because spamming General chat and staring blankly at a wall on the Fleet is of absolutely no interest to me or a reasonable use of my time.

Nice constructive post anything to add besides personal attacks?

You are the reason LFG are needed because noone would group with your ignorant azz.

Sorry, I should rephrase that, from my experience and a general conses among people I talk to, a local server lfd would be great, a cross server one wouldn't be, and instead of just not using it, I would like to add my input so that a tool that I would use, and will server the purpose of there, might come out of this instead of more stuff I wouldn't.

Should we also let imperial and republic group freely? I have friends who are republic that I can't group with because my other group of friends chose imperial, and we're both on the same server.
I'm not really a fan of that artificial boundary either, but it's not a fight I'm going to fight.

the quick versions is "yes, but it requires a content redesign that xserver doesn't require, that many might not like"

I don't know any high demand roles that have issues finding groups it takes me 10 seconds to get a group as a tank, without this super fast group finder deluxe.
I've spent more than an hour. I play a tank, off peak times, republic side, and I'm still leveling. It's painful. If this was wow, I'd have a group within seconds.

While I agree that some dps might have a faster time because of this others will have a slower time.
Sure, but the average case goes down, the best case goes down and the worst case down. That's good by me.

I agree that there might be times where groups can not be formed at certain levels but I think that this could be addressed while still giving preference to local server over cross server, and I see no reason to have cross server at level 50 because of this.
oh, certainly, preference single server.

re "at level 50" the reason is the same, off peak, low population side/server, etc.

Edited by ferroz

So, then you're saying because YOU have no issues finding a group, a LFG/LFD tool isn't needed.

... and you used the word "entitled" to describe the people of opposing opinion from your own?

mmmmmk......

Not only that, but apply his sense of bitterness ("I used to play games that were horribly inconvenient and tedious") and you'll recognize that he hates that people have it better or more convenient now than he used to.

It's pretty obvious the first person to start slinging "entitlement" insults at other people is an old man pissed off we "drive those fancy wheel machines."

So, then you're saying because YOU have no issues finding a group, a LFG/LFD tool isn't needed.

... and you used the word "entitled" to describe the people of opposing opinion from your own?

mmmmmk......

Read what I'm typing love the "soooo what your saying is.........................line"

That lfg tool is awful.

Really says something when the majority of players aren't using it. Hell, if you haven't played a lot of mmos I doubt some are even aware of it. Is it even mentioned in the tutorials? I found it quickly but then again you and I aren't new to mmos.

Even Bw basically implied it needs to be revamped and frankly I agree.

Edited by GarbonzotheDude

LOL. No

LFD wait times for DPS in WoW is over 30-45 minutes. Tanks = instant, and Healers less than five.

you're smoking something. I haven't had a queue as a dps longer than 15 minutes in months. Most of the time it's 6 or 7 minutes.

Not only that, but apply his sense of bitterness ("I used to play games that were horribly inconvenient and tedious") and you'll recognize that he hates that people have it better or more convenient now than he used to.

It's pretty obvious the first person to start slinging "entitlement" insults at other people is an old man pissed off we "drive those fancy wheel machines."

Yes "entitlement" is an insult?

I'm trying to apply your non constructive post to this issue. Truth is LFG as destroyed the communities of many MMO games.

Thats because the current lfg tool doesn't make it easier for the people actually forming groups, as a tank I don't check who or look at the general chat for what DPS is spamming they want a group. I just fill the roles with friends and then post what i'm looking for in general, first come first server except if you're a sith warrior dps (don't need you taking my gear). It takes me about a minute to make a group this way, compared to looking for people posting in general, or scrolling through the unsorted mass that is the current lfg tool.

The op fails in this thread because he has tried to draw up a list that is so purely one sided, it isn't even a list.

He has also failed to add in several points raised by people.

Apart from that, I am actually in favour of a dungeon finder but :-

1. It must be local only, no cross server. - Ninjas are bad enough without having to filter another 2m people. Also you can't guild with cross server or chat to them, after the group is finished so no point.

2. It must not teleport you to the dungeon - This is one of the reasons behind the kills the game arguements. Go look at games with the teleport(including WOW). All players are stood around one area just waiting. outside those areas the servers are pure graveyards.

3. you need to add the ability to add your comments on players, so if they are Ninjas/Trolls, you know never to go with them again.

Nice constructive post anything to add besides personal attacks?

You are the reason LFG are needed because noone would group with your ignorant azz.

I didn't make personal attacks besides calling people tools for blaming the entire server's community for difficulty finding groups.

Also, you called me an azz, and said people were "entitled" after stating it's no problem for you to find groups, therefore shouldn't be hard for anyone else.

You also suggested no one would want to group with me.

You're pretty terrible at arguing.

LOL. No

LFD wait times for DPS in WoW is over 30-45 minutes. Tanks = instant, and Healers less than five.

Actually, I had a 7 free day WoW pass. I haven't played WoW in a year btw(Except for the 7 day free pass). My server was dead. The horde side was just... done.

I qued up as a DPS mage, and found a group 5x, within 10minutes.

However, yes, Tanks are instant, and healers are usually less than 5 minutes.

I'm not really a fan of that artificial boundary either, but it's not a fight I'm going to fight.

the quick versions is "yes, but it requires a content redesign that xserver doesn't require, that many might not like"

I've spent more than an hour. I play a tank, off peak times, republic side, and I'm still leveling. It's painful. If this was wow, I'd have a group within seconds.

Sure, but the average case goes down, the best case goes down and the worst case down. That's good by me.

oh, certainly, preference single server.

re "at level 50" the reason is the same, off peak, low population side/server, etc.

Thinking about it, I think a simple check box saying allow cross server would probably be best, though probably hard for the devs to code in a way that mixes them in a semi fair way.

I appreciate BioWare taking such great care of the community and improving the LFG system will be a huge step. However, I want to give my two cents about the LFG tool. I know that tons of people are screaming at the tops of their lungs for this not to happen, but I think it's silly.

While I disagree with this magic "social pressure" that everyone keeps talking about, let me just pretend for the sake of the point I want to make that it's true and an LFG tool like the one found in games like World of Warcraft would indeed cause people to undergo a paradigm shift and turn into a jerk. This problem is fixable. Just like how a Youtube comment can get voted down to the point where it is practically invisible, so can a player. Provide us with an LFG tool but also provide us with the tools to leave player feedback that actually affects them. The more negative feedback a player gets the fewer privileges they should have. Or at the very least just make your system prioritize players with good or neutral feedback so that they are grouped together more often.

This would allow players to actually build a reputation that even a perfect stranger that has never played with someone before would benefit from. The current player "reputation" that everyone keeps saying becomes tarnished by an LFD tool is ethereal; it's not tangible and it's completely subjective. I would instead suggest that you provide us with the tools to group up automatically from anywhere (yes, just like WoW) but also enhance that experience by focusing on tools that improve community interaction. I don't buy the idea that a flash point finding tool is doomed to ruin communities. Don't give up on the tool, adapt it and modify it so that it performs its job better and with less side effects.

In addition to this player feedback tool you could build in some functionality that prevents users from doing certain things that are frowned upon. Being able to roll need on an item that is not intended for you is silly and completely reliant on the "honor system" to work. Make it impossible for a smuggler to roll need on trooper gear, etc. As far as I'm aware Blizzard has already done this with great success.

I believe there are great ways you can coax a community to behave and innovative game mechanics are definitely capable of doing that. I believe that condemning a valuable feature like cross-server grouping tools is a bad way to react. I believe these tools can be just as useful as in other games while at the same time not having the same nasty side effects. Take it to the drawing board and improve it. Don't just leave it on the cutting room floor.

You're pretty terrible at arguing.

Never mind that's the issue, you see this as an argument and try to "one up" a poster instead of making valid points/counter points to the LFG function.

You're pretty terrible at understanding a forum isn't a keyboard debate class.

/ignore arguing troll.

Yes "entitlement" is an insult?

I'm trying to apply your non constructive post to this issue. Truth is LFG as destroyed the communities of many MMO games.

Insults aside (from either of us) please explain to me in summation, how a LFG tool destroys communities.

Communities are defined by the people within them. If you only want to hang out with people that don't use the LFG tool and can appreciate verbose communication to accomplish grouping, then that shouldn't be a problem for you, because neither of you are using the tool.

But if a tool is introduced to quickly and efficiently pair people up and both of those people are opting in on the Blind Date of Grouping, then what the hell does that have to do with you?

Aren't those the kind of people you want to avoid anyways? Seems to me like you're getting the best of both worlds.

Or we can just build our community based on what tools are available to said community, which by the way doesn't make any f'ing sense.

Who's fault is that?

The developers far as I'm concerned. If the majority aren't using something that tells me it isn't serving its purpose and players are not finding it useful.

Like I already said BW themselves admitted it needs to be revamped.

Edited by GarbonzotheDude

Thats because the current lfg tool doesn't make it easier for the people actually forming groups, as a tank I don't check who or look at the general chat for what DPS is spamming they want a group. I just fill the roles with friends and then post what i'm looking for in general, first come first server except if you're a sith warrior dps (don't need you taking my gear). It takes me about a minute to make a group this way, compared to looking for people posting in general, or scrolling through the unsorted mass that is the current lfg tool.

This is a prime example of self centered people who could give a crap less about anyone else but themselves. This is where the LFG/LFD system becomes a great tool for those players who would be excluded from Mr. I'm So Great and to heck with everyone else.

Again, the only people who HATE or do not want a cross-realm LFG/LFD are self centered people who only care about themselves and tell the rest of us to bugger off. These types of tools are 100% optional yet some how people magically feel that they HAVE to use them and if they had a bad experience EVERYONE must be having bad experiences.

Please give us a tool which will help players find raids/fp's (heroics) who play at weird times or on a server or faction which isn't as heavily populated.