Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

CourtneyWoods

"....This release will be simultaneous across all of the territories and countries The Old Republic™ is available...."

It means that zone restriction still up?

(really we need a new "marketing genius" to bring more subs)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is happening and we get cartel points does the substitution for whoever bought star wars will be cancelled automatically.

If you mean Subscriptions being cancelled, then answer is definitely NO. Us subs pay for things that F2P players simply will not be allowed access to. That's why we pay a subscription. To get EVERYTHING, when and where we want it. Simple as that.

Yep didnt see any mention of 1.5 here

Also I've been on since launch since the program now goes back until December I count 11 months of subscriber rewards my page only shows 9, and also not the 250 bonus that was just mentioned.

This is good news. I wish they would designate a SUBSCRIBERS ONLY SERVER though. But hey, if it gets more people in the game, great.

Oh, the post didn't mention it, but is this also the full 1.5 update? Doesn't look like it.

they had subscriber only servers, about 100 of them, they are now empty.

November 15 has meaning for old SWG players, the NGE. Rather ironic that f2p is coming on this date.

This time we get Cartel Packs instead. It's like the TCG and NGE all rolled into one. Want that shiny new item listed on their site (http://www.swtor.com/free) ???? Well guess what? You can't buy it. You have to buy their garbage packs filled with garbage items over and over and over and over again hoping to get one.

I can just see them now in their war room yelling at each other trying to figure out why people aren't buying this garbage.

Yep didnt see any mention of 1.5 here

Also I've been on since launch since the program now goes back until December I count 11 months of subscriber rewards my page only shows 9, and also not the 250 bonus that was just mentioned.

us subs got screwed out of two months, or at least,, those who have been here long enough, since BW gave a free month to people twice, so that is not included in our "loyalty reward" of CC

November 15 has meaning for old SWG players, the NGE. Rather ironic that f2p is coming on this date.

Ok, so I'm not crazy. I knew that it was in November, but I wasn't sure if it was on the 15th.

I wonder... could the folks at BioWare really not know this? And if they did, why would they chose to launch F2P on that particular day?

One short word

you better promo this on website and store because word of mouth is not going to save this game.

Promo this everywhere or just shut down already

thanks for your time

Thats what I said and I just checked google and the words "swtor cartel" has only 3 news articles about it ;/ time is ticking BioWare , seriously tell the big boys we need this advertised nao!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Darth Hater is reporting that 1.5 will indeed go live alongside f2p.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22284-bioware-press-q-a-reveals-free-to-play-launching

Just to put it up, here are the highlights:

• Free to Play and Update 1.5 go live on Thursday, 11/15/2012. (No details on the maintenance period were given.)
  • The cheapest package for Cartel Coins: $4.99 for 450 Coins. (90 Cartel Coins per dollar.)
  • The most expensive package for Cartel Coins: $39.99 for 5500 Coins. (137 Cartel Coins per dollar.)
  • Several additional packages will be available in between those two prices. The more expensive the package, the better value the player receives.
  • Subscribers on the one month plan will receive 500 CC per month. Players on the 3 month or 6 month plans will receive more per month. (Exact numbers were not given but will be available next week.)
  • Former subscribers automatically receive "Preferred" status.
  • New F2P players receive "Preferred" status upon buying anything from the SWTOR store. The $5 CC package and the security key fob being the cheapest items that will grant Preferred status.
  • buy.swtor.com will be the site for purchasing Cartel Coins and other items.
  • Services such as character renames and appearance changes being purchased with CC are possibilities for the future.
  • Most items bought on the Cartel Market, including content unlocks, can be traded or sold on the GTN by design.
  • Physical Cartel Coin packs will be available from retail stores. They'll make a great stocking stuffer!
  • The plan is to update the Cartel Market with new items every month or so.
  • Players will be able to purchase additional character slots with Cartel Coins shortly after F2P launches.
  • Limited time or seasonal Cartel Market items are something they're considering but can't commit to at this time.
  • There are currently no plans to adjust the monthly cost for subscribers.
  • There are currently no plans to sell subscription time (ala Plex system in EVE) via the Cartel Market.
  • Character transfers to the PTS are something they are currently working on and will be available in the near future.

Edited by Thylbanus

The earlier months of the game will give you fewer Cartel Coins (150 per month, I think). At some point, the number of complimentary Cartel Coins went up (to 200 per month, if I remember right).

You'll have to wait until November 15th before you get the additional 250 Cartel Coins for being subscribed up to and including Free To Play Day!

May The Force be with you! ;)