2 parts

2 cores

Also few items that he can use that are same as those that human characters use

Earpiece

Implant

Off-hand Power generator

Again all with AIM as primary stat

The ship protocol droid can't equip anything to the main hand weapon slot

Droid parts: motors, cores, parts, and a sensory unit. Cybertechs can craft these at lower levels (and top levels), you can find them at the GTN, and occasionally they will be a quest reward option. Your ship droid is unable to use a weapon.

I'm a marauder, and i really like having a good healer for solo'ing, but i cant seem to find my droid in my codex. what gear does he use?

If you're talking about the ship droid, don't even bother, he's useless. Otherwise what the others said. ;)

Then again, doesn't sith warrior get their real healer companion on the next planet they go after getting their space ship?

Yup. I believe you get Malavai on Balmorra. So no real need to search for droid parts, because again he's pretty useless in combat and is only meant to be a crafting tool.

Well, when you first talk to him he says he is not a combat model, that should give it away. In combat, he'll actually run up and punch at mobs. Early on, if you gear him, he actually makes an excellent healer. The ship droid gets all his heals real early, so if you feel you *have* to run with a healer, he can help you. But really, except for champions and a couple class story boss mobs, you really don;t have to use a healer. Turn on all Vette's skills, and watch stuff die real fast.

This irks me a bit. Why do they have a slot you can't equip? Why not hide the slot?

And why call it "ranged" and make it look like a pistol at that?

I suspect they just wanted to prevent people from using the ship droid since it was supposed to be just a freebie joke bonus that came with the ship as that would unbalance well-thought-out companion progression blah blah blah.

Still, I wanna give him a danged pistol so he can pew pew while not healing me! :mad:

Edited by Gorgor

Speaking of droid gear, where can I buy some?

There is 0 galactic market droid gear available on The Fatman server anywhere near my level range, green or otherwise. The 3 available items (remember, this is for all slots, so most have nothing) are blue and wayyyyyy out of my price range.

I'll settle for a bunch of green, or even common-class junk, just so he's not naked. For a galaxy crammed with droids, there must be a droid junk or green-level vendor somewhere. High teens/low 20s preferred as that's where I am.

There are RP reasons to run with him (or not run with your other companions.)

Edited by Gorgor

Commendations vendors for some planets may have some if you have commendations

And heavy armor vendors on several planets for just credits.

(not a full set, just one item per vendor)

consider some low level oranges and upgrade the mods to make them level appropriate.

Also quests with companion gear rewards may offer some droid parts.

Edited by Eternalnight

Commendations vendors for some planets may have some if you have commendations

And heavy armor vendors on several planets for just credits.

(not a full set, just one item per vendor)

consider some low level oranges and upgrade the mods to make them level appropriate.

Also quests with companion gear rewards may offer some droid parts.

So...it's like having a car that's missing pieces, in the middle of an automotive nation, but I have to go to a dozen different vendors in a half-dozen states instead of Murray's Discount Auto, or the dealership, or a junkyard, any one of which would do.

Sigh :(

Edited by Gorgor

Never used the droid in combat, but I did pull him out when I was at about 80% hp after a fight on my assassin(level 36) and the droid, being naked, did reasonable healing to me. Being able to heal or not, it's better to take something that can actually do some dps. Maybe if the droid actually has some gear he can be a great healer in a pinch and I've heard he has his moments. Personally I don't find it very lucrative to invest in parts for him, even though my healing comp isn't for another year or so =)

Yup. I believe you get Malavai on Balmorra. So no real need to search for droid parts, because again he's pretty useless in combat and is only meant to be AN ANNOYING tool.

Fixed. Now if I could only find his vocalization module........

• 1 month later...

Just for ***** and giggles.. I fully outfitted my Agent's ship droid at L21 (since a heal pet is a pipe dream at that point)... using only pieces I could craft with my Cybertech, except a L21 shield generator I bought off the GTN.... (and no implants yet)

I was surprised to see his HP's climb to 5594 (w/ BH buff)

I used green mod-able sensor unit and cores, ( /w blue quality armor/mod/enhancements)... and the rest of the items were blue quality...

5594!?! My Agent with a complete Athiss set, including a few purple mods thrown in, is only at 4222!

I'm a marauder, and i really like having a good healer for solo'ing, but i cant seem to find my droid in my codex. what gear does he use?

Sith Warriors don't get a droid companion, if you are asking about that worthless ship droid...fuggedaboutit!

Sith Warriors don't get a droid companion, if you are asking about that worthless ship droid...fuggedaboutit!

He's not worthless IF YOU GEAR HIM UP.

My gunslinger put has parts on her droid. I have another alt with 400 cyber tech.

She's been racing through content two to three levels above her.

Healers always draw agro, and he's in heavy armor, so I use him as a self healing tank while I burn the mobs down from range.

Smugglers don't get their healer till Hoth, so he's a great fill in. I've only had to pull Corso Riggs out for a few elites that required extra dps.

I love the droid when I get sick of Corso for my smuggler. He takes a lickin and keeps on tickin'. But can you actually raise his affection, can you give him gifts. That seems to be the only drawback for me. I even send his butt on missions.

I love the droid when I get sick of Corso for my smuggler. He takes a lickin and keeps on tickin'. But can you actually raise his affection, can you give him gifts. That seems to be the only drawback for me. I even send his butt on missions.

you can as of 1.2. he loves cultural artifacts, favorite technology and likes luxury and rep memorabilia.

as far as I know, it's the same on imp side though I would assume imp memorabilia instead of rep.