Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

Thank you. I've been playing since beta and subscribed since open. I had put my character on hold a few times trying not to out level friends(I finally gave up on waiting). It would have really sucked to miss out because of that. Now I just have to finish to 50(45).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my momma always used to say "actions speaks louder than words."

I didn't want an apology as everyone makes mistakes. I wanted action and this is a pretty good response. I'd preferred if they gave it to founders who continuously subscribed but this is a pretty good substitute.

Go to that level 31 character and play it for a week. At level 31 you should have started your legacy or at least be very close. If you play a lot of hours every day (or even not that many) then legacy level 6 shoul take almost no time at all just from questing and leveling. As soon as you hit level 6 legacy, return to your normal server.

I don't really understand why you server hopped so much. I did it once...and all I did was check the server list at two different times of day and sort it by population. I went to the server that was in the top two at both times. Why did you keep going to different low pop servers?

I jumped server from The Constant (NA) to Dune Bantha (EU) when The Constant imploded. Dune Bantha had a high population back then, but now it's a dead husk. Transferred to The Red Eclipse (EU) after deciding that it would be better to move sooner than later. I managed to get three characters on Dune Bantha to level 20+ (plus a lot of teens) before switching. I'm now leveling up the same classes and it's taking longer than I'd hoped, partly because I'm getting sort of bored of the first couple of planets (Taris is such a boring grind, holy crap).

I don't really care about the offer anymore. I've decided that $15 (or €15 if you're European) isn't worth turning the game into a chore over. I lose a month of free game time, but I preserve my desire to play.

Grats to all those who finished Chapter 1 in time, though.

Originally Posted by Angror

Now lets take care of the population problems so the 50's can have something to do again.

bioware cant do anything about that

its the spoiled brat community that wanted years of content in a couple month old mmo that were the cause of that.good riddance to those who left i say

What I don't get is why BW is insisting that the promotion be tied to (experience/legacy) levels. I mean, if their true intent was to reward "loyal and valued customers", wouldn't they tie it to something like, oh, I don't know, NUMBER OF MONTHS SUBSCRIBED TO THE GAME!?!

Because... here it comes... they want to reward the most active players.

Subscription time alone says nothing about how active someone is, neither does hours logged in with your toons standing around on the fleet.

Contribution is about more than just paying your subscription. It's an MMO, and as you have noticed, it lives and dies with active population.

Using legacy to measure activity is actually a very acceptable and fair compromise in my eyes. Especially if you get the chance to achieve either requirement by April 22nd.

And I'm sorry, if you're jumping ship when the fleet population "dropped" to 60 (imperial?), then you're not contributing to stability. And 60 isn't even a low population server. Try 25 people, 15 of them level 50 at peak times on the fleet (republic).

It's actually unbelievable to see people still complain after this more than fair concession.

Is this setting a precedent? All we have to do is whine and we'll get our way? Awesome.

In addition to the announced freebies, I'll need 150,000,000 in-game credits for all the downtime or I'm cancelling my sub. Get on it BW! ;)

Edited by Thehatfield

bioware cant do anything about that

its the spoiled brat community that wanted years of content in a couple month old mmo that were the cause of that.good riddance to those who left i say

Besides offering free transfers of course. Which they plan to do AFTER this offer expires.

So those of us with our founders titles who have put in just as much time and payed just as much money as everyone else are not valued customers because we had the audacity to want to move servers to actually play with other people in an MMO.

We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

Bravo! I still don't qualify but I feel this is a much better way of handling it.

Nice job BW, collectively. Giving people some wiggle room with something as important as a free month is something that the other gorillas in the room wouldn't. I appreciate that.

Gives my friends some time to earn that for themselves, too. So it's very kind.

Thank you for extending a voluntary, and generous promotion to your customers.

A few of my friends have yet to get a fifty, but with this extra time I'm sure they can get some legacy exp in time. On behalf of them, thank you BW.

I want to echo this as well...

Clearly BioWare wants this game to succeed and go far... They are giving players incentives to play and continue to build this game.

Let's go build it.

Is this setting a precedent? All we have to do is whine and we'll get our way? Awesome.

In addition to the announced freebies, I'll need 150,000,000 in-game credits for all the downtime or I'm cancelling my sub. Get on it BW! ;)

A fReE mOnTh AnD oNe mIlLiOn dOlLaRs oR mY cHaRaCtErS gEt iT.

Edited by smartalectwo

Why not make the stupid decision in the first place Bioware ?

Serious question.

You tried the same with no grace period at launch then after screaming finally reversed.

Instead of "listening to customers" why not make stupid decisions to begin with.

Why not make the stupid decision in the first place Bioware ?

Serious question.

You tried the same with no grace period at launch then after screaming finally reversed.

Instead of "listening to customers" why not make stupid decisions to begin with.

Hindsight is always 20/20. "An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."